soon...Loves to get more info and exchange tips from other moms..:biggrin:

CanCanMum

hahahasss....

i canx wait to see my boy P1...kekekeke

he will ask me "Mummy how much pocket money u giving me today??"

kekekeke soOooo cute

Hi,
:Dancing_tongue:

I am the new user of mummySG. Also very interesting.
I have one daughter 3 1/2year old.Now iam expecting my second baby.
EDD on july 2nd

Last edited:

Phoebii Cheng

Halloooo and welcome to the forum.....

cherryjess, inkumarsg & gorgie porgie :Dancing_wub:

I am a full time working mummy with a 16mth old son..............

:shyxxx:Hi EveryBodY ,

I'm a full time working mum with one kid, my boy is 6years old and will be going Pri 1

Hello, I am a working mum too. Given that.. I know I don't have as much time to attend to their homework. I have learnt that it is important to teach them to be independent and responsible for their studies at the start.

Certainly we are there to supervise.. guide.. but certainly not sitting next to them .. almost to the extend of 'doing' their homework for them.

For example, Ting Xie or Spelling... they need to learn on their own. Maybe for a start, you may have to test them after they have learnt on their own. Subsequently, you have to ween that off.

Teach them.... from what they have learnt, they would need to recall, re-write them out.. almost like dictation. When they get good marks.. it's a sense of achievement for them...isn't that motivating for them. Mummy can be alongside .. cheering them on.

No doubt, it takes time to coach them to be independent learners. However, I personally see it's good for Mummies and as well as the growth of the kid. Believe the kids see more ownership towards their studies this way.

Let me cite you an example. My girl is in GEP programme. There are so many projects. If she is not an independent learner at the start.. it's almost impossible for her to finish up her projects.. if she were to wait for her Mummy to work along with her.

Be realistic.. working mum doesn't have that much time. Given that, we just need to start on the right footing. That's my view.

Cheers. :Dancing_wub:

Last edited:

april

:shyxxx:Hi EveryBodY ,

I'm a full time working mum with one kid, my boy is 6years old and will be going Pri 1

hihi

i m oso a full time working mum n wif 1 ger oso is 6 yrs old :D

nice to mit u ya ;)