Help 6 year old daughter refuses to give up diapers!

Katlyn

I'm not exactly sure I have taken her to a psychologist before all they told me that she was a really late with wanting to learn and no she has not had any last trauma that could have caused this.

Katlyn

@Katlyn you need to be firm and stick with zero diapers policy.

Maybe your daughter needs a psychologist? Why does she insist on wearing diapers. Is there some trauma in the past? Or is she just lazy.

She could just be lazy but I'm not completely sure.

And right now I do have her wearing diapers again 24/7. the problem is that we really didn't make much progress when she didn't have diapers on.

katytan

So, your daughter is wearing diapers to primary school now?

Won't she be embarrassed by it? Won't her classmates laugh at her?
Who changes her diapers in school?
Will school even accept her or need to go to special education schools?

Personally, I think you just shouldn't allow her to wear diapers anymore. It is going to ruin her future.

Katlyn

So, your daughter is wearing diapers to primary school now?

Won't she be embarrassed by it? Won't her classmates laugh at her?
Who changes her diapers in school?
Will school even accept her or need to go to special education schools?

Personally, I think you just shouldn't allow her to wear diapers anymore. It is going to ruin her future.

She does seem to be embarrassed about it when the other students say something about it and im sending her to a private school that accepted her and was ok with her still being in diapers they told me the nurse would be able to help change her when she needed it and I'm not sure I feel like taking her diapers away again wouldn't work

katytan

Well, I really think it is up to you as the parent to stop giving her diapers.

Not much else we can do here.

Or maybe make her change her own diapers. Maybe she won't want to wear them if she has to change them herself.

Dis001

@Katlyn just let your daughter wear diapers since she needs/wants them. She will eventually stop using them when she is ready.

In the worse case, they do sell diapers for adults. Just treat her as somebody who needs them.

Help her to have a productive life despite her "disability".