Help: Any gynae to recommend from NUH?

MamabbJ

Dear Petitemum,

I just had my 1st baby delivered last year in NUH. I would NOT recommend anyone to go there. I suffered nightmarish postpartum bleeding and extreme pain about 2 weeks after labour due to the retention of a huge placenta tissue. My obsgyn (FONG Yoke Fai @ NUH) did not check my placenta thoroughly during third stage labour. Large tissue fragment of this size should not be missed and should have been easily detectable. Overall, the nurses and facilities in NUH are good but the same cannot be said about their obsgyns, even the popular ones like Biswas have been found to be disappointing.

Go to another hospital where they will value your life and your baby more.

pixie

Would you mind to pay slightly more for consultation fee? The gynae whom I see is a Senior Consultant.

pixie

When my gynae was on vacation, she referred Prof. Biswas to me when I was on my 38 or maybe 39 weeks. Both visit to him, I find him professional, friendly, caring and an experience gynae.

art10817

Hello ;)

I also delivered at NUH ;) my experience sucked cos of thr nurses at the clinic n the waiting hours are so long!!!! I waited for 6hrs on velentine day to scann bb!!!!!

But the delivery ward is good!! The nurses are great!

My doc is tm Chua, but once she was on leave n I had spotting, dr Fong yoke Fai attended to me. He was very clear, detailed and patient with his explaination. I found him a pretty good doctor. I also was attended by him on another occasion and he is also very '细心. In fact after my delivery he came to visit me which Twice! As he was doing his rounds for his patient. I was very touched.

Mamabb was there any misunderstanding? Dr Fong is a pretty gentle n professional doctor to me.

But I agree Nuh sucks at the clinic .. The delivery ward was great though.

Dear Petitemum,

I just had my 1st baby delivered last year in NUH. I would NOT recommend anyone to go there. I suffered nightmarish postpartum bleeding and extreme pain about 2 weeks after labour due to the retention of a huge placenta tissue. My obsgyn (FONG Yoke Fai @ NUH) did not check my placenta thoroughly during third stage labour. Large tissue fragment of this size should not be missed and should have been easily detectable. Overall, the nurses and facilities in NUH are good but the same cannot be said about their obsgyns, even the popular ones like Biswas have been found to be disappointing.

Go to another hospital where they will value your life and your baby more.

Nextdoor

Just my two cents worth... I would recommend Dr Fong Yoke Fai as he was my gynae and delivered two wonderful babies for me. Like Art10817, I find him gentle and caring and very knowledgable about things and questions with my pregnancy. I still go to him as my fixed gynae yearly checkups.

There are so many gynaes out there to choose from, Dr Fong is certainly still on the top list to me!

natasha

Hi dear
i have two kids i have been deliver both of my baby at NUH...i dont find any nightmare...as i lyk their services... my gynae is a guy...rather den kkh...kkh its cheaper bt their services in labour is nitemare as alot of my friends feedback of their labour delivery...

FatCat

My gynae at NUH was T M Chua. I'd made an appointment to see another gynae but some issues cropped out and i needed to see a gynae asap. NUH managed to make an appointment to see T M Chua that very day. I stuck with her as my gynae. There were some issues throughout my pregnancy, and she was always very careful. There were also some complications during delivery and I am glad I took her advice, or I'd have lost my baby. After I delivered, I realised that she didn't only look after the foetus/ baby/ pregnancy, she also looks after the mother.

All throughout the pregnancy and issues, she'd tell me things in a very concise manner, and didn't make me worry, neither did she give me false hope. I like the straightforward manner. During one of the two detailed scans, she was on leave. But she called the doctor who was doing the scan to ask about my scan. When she learnt that i'd been referred to another clinic for another scan, she called up that doctor too. The doctor was scanning me when she called. After that, she called me to assure me that things were alright.

If I ever need a gynae again, she'd definitely be my first choice.

Oh, I didn't have much problems with the clinic. There were two occasions that I had to wait hours for Dr Chua but that was cos she had emergency deliveries/ csections to perform. I was given the option of seeing another gynae but i chose to wait.