HELP!!! Bleeding 14 days after D&C

Sad 33

hi hi,
today is my 14th days after D&C(miscarriage), but because hubby tried to hug but ended up compressing me when i lay on bed 2 days ago, i start to bleed lightly yesterday, and a lot more today.
do u have any experience with bleeding so many days after D&C?

Sad 33

Hi kimitsusei,
Thanks for yr quick reply.
I'm monitoring my condition as my KKH gynae can only see me by appt. if any urgent case I need to visit their 24hrs emergency. KKH's system is very different. Though I'm a bit worried...

Sad 33

hi kimitsusei,
i'm so touch that u went to the great length of finding out what is D&C and abt KKH for me. It's really very kind and thoughtful of you. i truly am touched!
i managed to bring my gynae appt earlier as one forumer told me she had gynae review just 1 wk after d&c. mine was schedule 4 wks after d&c. after 3 days of bleeding...it's subsided now. hopefully it's only pressure that cause the bleeding and nothing else. i truly pray that i'll heal faster... i really envy those with strong women's health. mine seems rather weak...maybe i've not being taking care of myself since moved out upon married. :p
able to share how u take care of yrself after giving birth? or after mthly menses?
i have been taking bai feng wan when i remember after mthly menses only...

Mummy to Baby V

For my miscarriage, I chose to take medicine to induce it. Bled for 2 weeks or even longer. I rem obgyn said bleeding is to help clear the clots, so if still bleeding, means may still have clot inside. She did ultrasound during followup, to check that every clot is cleared. I rem going back for several ultrasounds until all cleared.

My immunity was quite weak before marriage, and couldn't withstand cold temperatures. After first delivery, I had a good confinement rest, and body became stronger than before, no longer afraid of cold. Quite amazing.

Then had the miscarriage, didn't do anything special, simply rested, and continued with healthy diet and supplements. Managed to conceive again.

Take good care!

Sad 33

hi mievee,
taking 2 wks for m/c is really a long time.....i don't think i can as emotionally stable enough in yr situation.
are u able to share what is the supplements u take after yr m/c? i've woman's multi vitamin but wonders if i need a prenatal multi vit esp after the m/c....

Mummy to Baby V

hi mievee,
taking 2 wks for m/c is really a long time.....i don't think i can as emotionally stable enough in yr situation.
are u able to share what is the supplements u take after yr m/c? i've woman's multi vitamin but wonders if i need a prenatal multi vit esp after the m/c....
Oh, clarification here: after medication, the heavy bleeding happened within the day to clear the pregnancy. The bleeding afterwards is like regular menses flow, not heavy, just that it took about 2 weeks to clear completely. I prepared myself mentally before choosing this option and it felt comfortable to be at home.

I've been taking prenatal vitamins ever since my first pregnancy, breastfeeding (18 months), and including the miscarriage. Reason is there's almost no interval between breastfeeding and my subsequent pregnancy.

If you're planning to get pregnant again soon, then folic acid is essential. For others, just consult obgyn? :)

Sad 33

after monthly menses... you can brew the 八珍 tonic soup to drink... highly recommended by my MIL for those with weaker bodies after much blood loss... for females only... males cannot drink... too heaty for a man haha... just buy from chinese medical shops or supermarkets... come in a standard package... but must add fresh meat to act as 药引... otherwise the whole tonic soup becomes useless... i also dunno why... my MIL taught my hubby... he just need to brew the herbs and meat in small slow cooker with 500~600ml water for me... note that this 八珍 is supposed to taste quite bitter to most ppl... but i find it a bit sweet... haha my tastebuds are weird !! LOL ... anyway 苦口良药 is what the elders used to say
hi kimtsusei, thanks for sharing on 八珍 must put meat! i didn't know and has been brewing it without meat cos lazy go market!!!
u really have a nice mil who makes yr hubby work for yr health! :)

Sad 33

Oh, clarification here: after medication, the heavy bleeding happened within the day to clear the pregnancy. The bleeding afterwards is like regular menses flow, not heavy, just that it took about 2 weeks to clear completely. I prepared myself mentally before choosing this option and it felt comfortable to be at home.

I've been taking prenatal vitamins ever since my first pregnancy, breastfeeding (18 months), and including the miscarriage. Reason is there's almost no interval between breastfeeding and my subsequent pregnancy.

If you're planning to get pregnant again soon, then folic acid is essential. For others, just consult obgyn? :)
noted with thanks, mievee. :D

Sad 33

no you have mistaken... my hubby is the one who asks his own mum what to brew for tonic after menses is over

my MIL dun bother about me unless my hubby asks her what to do... if you think my MIL is so "automatically caring", then you are wrong... i will say, for that to happen, really 等久久 (wait long long) !!

if i never tell hubby to ask his mum... she also will not bother to tell us anything at all... but nobody is perfect in this world... not even myself as a parent to 2 kids... we are all learning day by day... 为人父母不容易,养儿育女也更不容易。

babies are no doubt cute... but to look after them and to provide for them are another issue
hi kimitsusei,
your hubby is really such a darling for he cares so much about yr health to ask his mom and brew the tonic soup for u! so touching... he is really a 'xin hao nan ren'. :D
kimitsuesi, at least your mil still tell when being asked. my mil is really pale in comparison from u. if u say your mil 'don't bother abt u' i shld say that mine , not even don't bother and fringe ignorance about me and my hubby's health. initially as newly wed, she never asked if we are able to handle on our own..she also nvr care what we eat or if we have food. so strange as though she can't don't bother abt me, she also don't really care much for his son. my hubby is really a filial man, who brings inlaws so much pride cos he studies well but dunno why the parents so cold abt how we are.
i wrote in another section on forum...more like complain..lol. that when i was seriously injuried once and staying in inlaws place as hubby make sure i have regular meals, she nvr bothers abt me. hub ask her to make some tonic for me which never happens...subsequently when sil's children learn how to walk, she makes tonic for them. even so sick then, she nvr help me with my laundry which after end of stay i bring everything home to wash. my mil is not on my 'like' list. haa...i grown used to inlaws and grow so little expectations from them now til the point i don't care about them cos they don't love me. i don't know why they treat our people's daughter in this manner... got so tired when i tried hard initially... :p really yr mil is a lot better than mine.
kimitsusei, as i married at early 20s and stay on our own, i was not exposed to a lot of things like how to take care of health. in the 20s always thot that we are strong and not a lot of body problem...i now i step into 30s i can feel the difference... haa..that's why don't mind me if i ask lots of questions. :D

Last edited: