HELP..!! how can i lose weight after givin birth

Ange

HI Ange, erm..not yet BF-ing..planning to for 4 months. now 20weeks preggie but super-pig already! whats your programme? i am freaking out abit. i used to only weigh 42kgs.
Oo.. u still on preggie ah? I thought you give birth already :) then wait till you finish your BF and see how ba. I went through the acupuncture slimming. Dun worry, sure can get back to pre-pregnancy weight one.

Ange

Thanks Ange...cross fingers...so much weight, seriously doubt i can shed off everything but die die must succeed
Welcome, must have determination :) Post your 42KG picture all around ur room then everyday look at it, sure can make it one. If really can't (touch wood), i can pass you the contact then you go understand the program yourself and decide.

sassylady

determination ladies determination! i think that's the key!

take small meals, avoid soft drinks, if you have to eat alot, drink stuff like fruitylite to help with the digestion, go for evening walks and of course, jogging for at least 30 mins daily helps!

i make myself sound so health conscious. hahaha.

yeah. determination is the key. but sometimes no motivation also very hard!

trying this fruitylite extra now. saw in the papers that it's the sugarfree version of fruitylite. maybe it'll be more effective in detoxing after a heavy meal?

l0r3tTa

i think the weight gain during pregnancy will determine how fast you will be able to get back to pre-preg weight. However, what you need to note is not the weight but the body fat % in your body.
I am a qualified personal trainer, just gave birth to a 6 months old tiger boy. i gained 13kg and I got back to pre-preg weight at 4mths after birth and got 2kgs lighter after 1 mth back to work. Honestly, i'm too exhausted from night feeds and work etc...i only manage exercise once a week..but breastfeeding really really helped...
I've maintain my weight and bodyfat % dropped alot.. till now i can only manage 1x a week of exercise, i put my son in the stroller and bring him for a jog tgt..i peform some exercises with my son, its a fun way to bond with him too...

I never believe in slimming products / dieting..its more to watch what you put into your mouth...because you are indeed what you eat.

jia you mummies...:Dancing_tongue:

l0r3tTa

Thanks Ange...cross fingers...so much weight, seriously doubt i can shed off everything but die die must succeed
maybe you can start some light exercises now during your pregnancy...start watching the type of food you put in...
I'm a qualified personal trainer. Who has been in the pregnancy and shed the pregnancy weight off..
feel free to text me if you need some advice.. 92215241

leevera

It is not that easy to get slim by diet control and exercise only.
My husband tried to slim down since 2 yrs ago, by cutting down his diet. It is just not working as his metabolism was getting low after he is more than 30 yrs old.
And as a working adult with children, it is quite difficult for him to exercise regularly.
He even got difficulty cutting his own shoe lace, as his tummy blocking him.
Luckily I got to know a method to let him lost the tummy within 3 mth, without any difficulty! Now, I am not worry about his health anymore. :)

i think if you have the determination you will be able to achieve anything you set yourself out to achieve.

have small meals regularly instead of full meals. and also avoid drinking soft drinks or bubble tea. been drinking tea instead and when i feel like drinking something sweet i'll make myself a glass of fruitylite extra. tastes a little different from the original fruitylite but it's still good.

and if possible, take the stairs instead of the lift. go for walks around the neighborhood after dinner. a good 30 mins is good enough. get some air is good for the body as well.

CarolOng

Eating healthy is impt. Good to include excerising in your lifestyle too.

But with the kind of food & busy working, to what extent r all of us able to do it???
=(

I'm glad that i manage to find a program that helps to get me healthier & then work on the burning of existing fats.

Triquetra

I put on 20 kgs during my first pregnancy.
Lost 17 kgs within 2 weeks after giving birth.
Having to take care of the newborn at that time and housework by myself = too tired to eat + lots of exercise.

sassylady

i also gained quite abit of weight during my pregnancy. i just try my best to exercise regularly and eat healthy.

try and avoid soft drinks. it's a killer. really. drink water instead. or replace it with fruit juices or fruitylite extra. been drinking this as a replacement since i read that it's the sugarfree version.

go for slow jogs or walks in the evening. it helps. slowly.

i think the best way is to have a good breakfast, a normal lunch and a tiny dinner.

but usually by breakfast, i'll be too full for lunch, so i'll have a small lunch and dinner. or have small meals throughout the day. soft drinks are a no if you're determined to loose weight. i drink the sugar free version of fruitylite now when i'm craving for something cold and sweet. or fruit juices.

i read somewhere that rope skipping helps. skip for at least 20 minutes daily. but i'm sure that takes alot of determination.

sassylady

i tried the small meals but i'll just eat additional food. more than usual. that's not good right?

sometimes get bloated then have to drink fruitylite or tea to help with the digestion. i dont think this works for me. i'll just keep eating non stop. haha.

CarolOng

Impt thing to note if you want to lose weight! Do not starve yrself. You will eat even more at the end of the day.

Even if you can control yr diet for a long period, the moment you eat back a normal diet, all kg will come back as yr metabolism already slowed down. So wat yr body can't break down, it'll all be convert to fats & stored.

That's y alot of ppl gain more than they hv previously lost. Key is to burn the existing fats in yr body & build up yr muscle mass at the same time.

you're right darling. it's not good to starve yourself! you'll just eat more and maybe even binge!

trying out this diet now whereby i have a good breakfast, a normal lunch and a small dinner. not sure if it works tho. on top of the jogs once every few days. hopefully can loose weight.

and right now i'm craving for some bubble tea. gonna go make some ice cold fruitylite instead. hopefully it'll replace the craving! :D

you're right darling. it's not good to starve yourself! you'll just eat more and maybe even binge!

trying out this diet now whereby i have a good breakfast, a normal lunch and a small dinner. not sure if it works tho. on top of the jogs once every few days. hopefully can loose weight.

and right now i'm craving for some bubble tea. gonna go make some ice cold fruitylite instead. hopefully it'll replace the craving! :D
That is a very good suggestion. There are some of us who tend to snack a lot. If you're a "snack-a-holic" you should each 3 mid size meals and in-between have low calorie snacks. Avoid junk food at all costs!

If you want to win some free beauty products you might want to try this contest here.

By having regular diet and taking food very lightly,you can loose you weight.
Yes, you definitely can but I think many women also want to achieve a good figure. This requires exercise to tone the muscles. I would recommend going to the gym. Most women fear they'll end up looking grotesque by lifting weights but by sticking to a low weight and performing more repetitions they can tighten their muscles and not bulk up.

Hope this information will help you make a more informed decision.