Help~! my baby haven poopoo fer 4 days >_<

uniq00

hi mummies..1st time mummy here n my girl is 11 weeks old.

This is the 1st time she havent poo fer 4 days >_<. However she did not display any signs of uncomfort..just that she tends to fart alot.
Usually she would poo once a day when i total bf her, and if she drinks fm when im not with her, she would poo abit later- probably once every 1.5 day.

whats the typical no. of times ur baby poo per day?
anyone had the same exp b4? pls help~
thks.

CanCanMum

i guess there are times when the digestive systems gets lazy....

anyway if u bf, yr baby will poo more often, stools oso more watery and sometimes maybe 2 to 3 times in a day even....

according to wat old pple said, FM is supposedly heaty for the baby, so it may be the reason for her short term constipation.

my boy last time when he was an infant can poo for 3 times in a day, and sometimes 3 to 4 days never poo...so i guess as long as bb is healthy shd not be a problem....i did gave him glucolin with water after bath coz my MIL says its cooling for the baby (he was on FM after i couldnt meet his demands on BM, after 2 months)

cont to observe him for the next few days....usually shd be ok la.

This is the 1st time she havent poo fer 4 days >_<. However she did not display any signs of uncomfort..just that she tends to fart alot.
Usually she would poo once a day when i total bf her, and if she drinks fm when im not with her, she would poo abit later- probably once every 1.5 day.

thks.

hi uniq00, usually babies on bm poo once a day or even after every feed. babies on fm once a day or max once every 2 days.

so 4 days is quite alarming, esp for babies on fm becos formula is very heaty. anything 3 days & after should see PD - if she's on fm she is most prob constipated. please don't hesitate - i heard many horror stories about constipated babies rush to A&E, then doc have to physically *dig* poo out - poor babies!!!

veronica

I was told that if bb switches to FM from BM, its quite common to see them constipated cos their system is adjusting the switch.

What FM are you using? I heard alot of feedbacks on Similac which will cause bb to constipate.

For an ease of mind, you may want to bring her to a PD to check. No joke if you keep on guessing.

callieseah

thks.
My DD was on BM in the day and FM at nite since birth till 2 months (after 2 mths increase FM cos BM also can't meet her demands). In the 1st 2 mths, she poos once in every 2 or 3 days, no constipation. FYI, she is on Similac since day 1.

I chk with pd, she said every bb has different bowel movements, as long as her stools are soft then there's no need to worry.

Now DD is almost 3 mths and only had 1 or 2 meals with BM per day, but she poos almost everyday. I am puzzled too... thought pple say FM more heaty??!! And I rarely give her water as pd say no need. Guess Similac is suitable for her... :)

Anyhow, if your bb poos with difficulty or cry, then I would suggest you bring her to your pd. Better play safe than sorry cos she's still so small.

CanCanMum

Re: The IDee fashion jewelry ,accompany women’ life-long beauty.

The IDee fashion jewelry , accompany women’ life-long beauty.The IDee brand connotation: Individuality, nature, fashion, romantic,
Mr ideewoww,

u have posted in the wrong place.

go sell it at the spree section.

Last edited:

uniq00

thank you all mummies fer the advices :D
sry didnt logon fer the past 2 weeks.

anyway i went to see a PD last week..he says baby is doin fine since its not constipation as her stools are still loose.
Other than feedin on fm is more heaty, PD says another factor baby haven poo fer days could be that they dunno how to control their 'anus muscles'. When they learn to control it..bowel actions shld resume normal. hope this info is useful. =]

uniq00

I was told that if bb switches to FM from BM, its quite common to see them constipated cos their system is adjusting the switch.

What FM are you using? I heard alot of feedbacks on Similac which will cause bb to constipate.

For an ease of mind, you may want to bring her to a PD to check. No joke if you keep on guessing.
hi veronica, my baby is on similac =X
but issit safe fer baby to 'suddenly' switch fm brand?

CanCanMum

hi uniq00,

i got a piece of advice from my online buddie autumn82...

she said she trained her DS to poo every alternate day.

last time my MIL oso do tat

but not easy la....means u open up their diapers and make tat "NG~ng~" sound to make them have the urge to "khek"....

callieseah

hi uniq00,

but not easy la....means u open up their diapers and make tat "NG~ng~" sound to make them have the urge to "khek"....
cancanmum,

I hv been wondering... My mom and CL said the same thing abt training bb to "ng-ng" but I am rather hesitant cos babies are so small ma. Even adults don't poo-poo at fix time lei... Do you think it's necessary? Do you do that to ur bb?

CanCanMum

cancanmum,

I hv been wondering... My mom and CL said the same thing abt training bb to "ng-ng" but I am rather hesitant cos babies are so small ma. Even adults don't poo-poo at fix time lei... Do you think it's necessary? Do you do that to ur bb?
ermmm....i have and he really tried!!! He gave me tat ng~ng squeezed face but he farted instead of pooed....LOLs....(when he was a baby)

but now no more.....yeah, as long as he is eating fruits and getting enuf dietary fibre i will leave it to himself....means got the urge den go.

daberdew

Hmm.... I know it's not healthy not to poo poo everyday cos my bb can up to 4 days then poop once when he's younger (under 6 mths).

But my baby doc says as long as they maintain a balance diet, they cycle will slowly regulate. So I nv realli train my bb.

Now, he poops once a day or once every other day....

Let nature takes its course?

callieseah

Hmm.... I know it's not healthy not to poo poo everyday cos my bb can up to 4 days then poop once when he's younger (under 6 mths).

But my baby doc says as long as they maintain a balance diet, they cycle will slowly regulate. So I nv realli train my bb.

Now, he poops once a day or once every other day....

Let nature takes its course?
Yeah... That's wut I think, let nature takes its course. With my 1st ger, I also did not train, only till she was 2 yo then I started to toilet train her. My younger one (3mths+) is like your bb, poo once a day or every other day. She did not drink much water tho, yet her bowels are loose. I guess her digestive system is ok. :) That reminds me... her poo-poo is dark green in color. Is that normal? She is on Similac. Does diff FM yield diff color poo-poo?

uniq00

hi uniq00,

hee actually i tried that "ng-ng trainin' too..but doesnt seem to work XD
even if it does..a fart comes out more often thaan poo lol..i tink all babies reactons differ?

CanCanMum

hee actually i tried that "ng-ng trainin' too..but doesnt seem to work XD
even if it does..a fart comes out more often thaan poo lol..i tink all babies reactons differ?
mine oso fart instead of poo!!!

used too much force liao.....kekekekeke:red:

hi,
for me, i bought my girl to doc & they prescribe latcus....it work really well. once my girl poo regularly, i stop the medication. It can be purchased frm guardine.

it work for adults too, as i hv constipation prob so i took more dosage (according to instruction) and i hv the urge abt an hr later...hehe!

cancanmum,

for me, my mil keep blaming me for nt training my girl every morning! to me i dun think is necessary, as long as our bb poo-poo regularly, all are ok for me, i insist my bb to hv more veggies & water everyday.

As adults we dun hv fix time poo-poo mah.

Human naturally know when to do so... ...so let nature take it course...haha!

uniq00

hi,
for me, i bought my girl to doc & they prescribe latcus....it work really well. once my girl poo regularly, i stop the medication. It can be purchased frm guardine.
hi workingmummySG, is your girl on solid foods yet? is that lactus suitable for babies at only 4 mths?