Help?! Private Hospital Packages and Obgyns

Lexie

Hi Ladies,
I am currently living in Hong Kong but moving over the Singapore in May (EDD end of June). I am planning a trip over in March and need to register with an OBGYN and Private Hospital. I have no idea on the process in which to do this and also how much it is likely to cost. My husband is currently working in Singapore so his work medical insurance covers us to a limit for the birth etc...

I am looking to deliver at Parkway East based on hearing some really good reviews from friends. I think there single room packaging is just over 3K.
How do I go about registering and starting to see an OBGYN who would can deliver at Parkway East?
Do any of you have any recommendations? Can you advise the cost of you recommended OBGYN?

Thanks in advance for all you advice and help!

Lexie xx

jayc

Hi Lexie,

I'm also from Hong Kong and just relocated over here for few months. I'm also looking for those information. Will try to get more comments. Can share with you if I have any.

cheers
Jay

jadeite

Most private hospitals in Singapore are v good (TMC, Mt Alvernia, PEH, Mt Elizabeth etc). I would say pick a good gynae first and then deliver where he/she delivers. That's more impt to me. Also depends on convenience, pick a gynae clinic that is near where you stay, so that it's also more likely the hospital is near you.