Help~~Should I buy swimsuit for babymoon?

babymoon

Help! I'm bringing babymoon to sentosa beach this coming sunday and this is the first time she goes to the seaside.. I intend to buy her a bikini swimsuit BUT..

my sis said "toddler dun need lah, let them be NATURAL.. naked.. haha"
my mom said "seldom bring her go swim, wear one time only, wasted"
my darling said "huh... need ah?" :eek:11:

Then should I buy??? mummies here pls help~~

1568mummy

Just be natural, its seaside, its NOT swimming pool. so she can wear a t-shirt or topless.
my boys 3 and 5 do that too whenever they are at the seaside. To me, buying swim wear for kids younger than 6years old is a waste of money because 1stly, they grow up so fast, 2ndly its expensive for the small piece of clothing.

BUT unless you have enrolled her for a swimming class, then its a different story, only then I think swim wear is a MUST!

January84

if you nv brin her to swimming pool, then a t-shirt and shorts can liao, do go topless la, scare catch cold.

autumn82

Erm... I bought for DD bikini when she was 3 coz I'm vain like to dress my gal up (down?) Haha. Brought her to beach as well.. Depends on u... Heh.

babymoon

Just be natural, its seaside, its NOT swimming pool. so she can wear a t-shirt or topless.
my boys 3 and 5 do that too whenever they are at the seaside. To me, buying swim wear for kids younger than 6years old is a waste of money because 1stly, they grow up so fast, 2ndly its expensive for the small piece of clothing.

BUT unless you have enrolled her for a swimming class, then its a different story, only then I think swim wear is a MUST!
i also think is a waste because a small piece only and soon can't be wore lor.. so i try to gather all your info then only make decision. hehe..

babymoon

if you nv brin her to swimming pool, then a t-shirt and shorts can liao, do go topless la, scare catch cold.
is a good idea hor, just let her wear her normal t-shirt and short pants.. dun topless lah.. later she will say "shy shy".. haa.. gal mah..

babymoon

Erm... I bought for DD bikini when she was 3 coz I'm vain like to dress my gal up (down?) Haha. Brought her to beach as well.. Depends on u... Heh.
bikini very cute hor.. but you bring her to swimming pool also? we never bring her to swimming pool.. so worry really wear once..

CanCanMum

u need to buy sunblock specially for babies, at least SPF 50 hor. Canx play play one....make sure whole body apply....LOLs...

apply more on the face and shoulders...coz these areas more prone to direct sunlight

kiddy palace, OG etc all got sell...think going at $30+ per tube, white colour, once apply yr princess will look like got foundation make up on face....hahahaha! v pretti!

think brand is medela or something, same brand as the anti-stretch marks cream...

autumn82

bikini very cute hor.. but you bring her to swimming pool also? we never bring her to swimming pool.. so worry really wear once..
Ya very cute. Yupz I brought her to swimming pool since 1 yr old! :) I dink they will love water alot, why dun try bring her to pool more often? Heh.

If u buy those whole piece swimsuit, then it will be slightly wasted if she hardly swims. But if u buy bikini, think u can wear for at least 2yrs..

I bought this swimsuit for my gal when she was 1yr old.. wore until 2.5yr old. Then change to bikini now.. Heh.

Attachments

Last edited:
My bb not born yet but my hb has big plans to teach her how to swim. He even bought bb two swim bottoms for 6 mths & 1yr from Bumwear. Our current house has no pool so he purposely joined a private club so can have access to private pool. (pretty awesome pool with waterfall btw) He say bb will b gng swimming as soon as 3mths. I can't swim so it's out of my hands. Think 3mths a bit too early but he say his mom brought him go swimming that age, so how to argue with him?

autumn82

lotion ah.. wat kind of lotion suitable for kids? i only have oil lotion for baby.. normaly type but not sun protection ler..

I bought Coppertone No Rub Sunscreen for my DD. It's spray on type. SPF50. Can be used for children 6mths & above. :)

autumn82

My bb not born yet but my hb has big plans to teach her how to swim. He even bought bb two swim bottoms for 6 mths & 1yr from Bumwear. Our current house has no pool so he purposely joined a private club so can have access to private pool. (pretty awesome pool with waterfall btw) He say bb will b gng swimming as soon as 3mths. I can't swim so it's out of my hands. Think 3mths a bit too early but he say his mom brought him go swimming that age, so how to argue with him?
Erm.. 3mths is fine to start swim oredi, some started when they were newborns! :) But to expose bbs to swimming pools below age of 6mths not advisable coz haben taken all the jabs.. dunno if those pools r clean or not..

3mths swimming in bathtub I won't b too concern lah. But he talking abt throwing her in a big pool. The swimming pool is hardly utilized and is very well maintained but still... my hb siao.

babymoon

u need to buy sunblock specially for babies, at least SPF 50 hor. Canx play play one....make sure whole body apply....LOLs...

apply more on the face and shoulders...coz these areas more prone to direct sunlight

kiddy palace, OG etc all got sell...think going at $30+ per tube, white colour, once apply yr princess will look like got foundation make up on face....hahahaha! v pretti!

think brand is medela or something, same brand as the anti-stretch marks cream...
the sunblock specially for baby one right? can apply on face also ah? i think need to go for a shopping before this sunday ..
thanks for the tips.. :tlaugh:

babymoon

Ya very cute. Yupz I brought her to swimming pool since 1 yr old! :) I dink they will love water alot, why dun try bring her to pool more often? Heh.

If u buy those whole piece swimsuit, then it will be slightly wasted if she hardly swims. But if u buy bikini, think u can wear for at least 2yrs..

I bought this swimsuit for my gal when she was 1yr old.. wore until 2.5yr old. Then change to bikini now.. Heh.
aiyoh.. so cute ler your gal in swimsuit! i really can't wait to get her a piece. can tahan 1.5 yrs ah? amazing ler.. or u bought bigger size?
and i will go see see look look about the spray sunblock you mentioned. :001_302:

babymoon

3mths swimming in bathtub I won't b too concern lah. But he talking abt throwing her in a big pool. The swimming pool is hardly utilized and is very well maintained but still... my hb siao.
if let my mom knows sure she scolds us jiak lat jiak lat.. haha..
3 mths old too small and for the hygiene reason, public pool is not so good.
6 mths old ok.. :001_302:

CanCanMum

hahas!

chubbie bbs are so cutie when they wear swim suits...see those baby fats??? hahahha

my boy dun hv baby fats leh....i hope he did...but his bb fats all accumulate on the face onli....LOLs

CanCanMum

the sunblock specially for baby one right? can apply on face also ah? i think need to go for a shopping before this sunday ..
thanks for the tips.. :tlaugh:
yeah yeah...u r right...whole body include face...those parts cover liaoz no need to apply lah.....hahahahz