Help!

layzeemum

Hi Mummies,
is this normal? my boy is 7 weeks old today. he still drinks about 90-100ml formula every 2 hours. I want to lengthen the time between feeds by increasing the milk quantity at each feed but he refuses to drink more. He will spit, fuss and use his hands or tongue to push bottle away... is there anything else that I can do?

Also, his sleeping is erratic. Poor boy seems tired but cant seem to have a good nap. He only sleeps after massive rocking and craddling in my arms. As soon as I put him down in his basket, he wails. If I successfully put him down, he sleeps 15-30 mins before jerking himself awake/awake due to warm weather/sweating.. any suggestions on how to establish better sleep habits. I try to condition him as mentioned in many books but not successful :(

Pls help thanks!:embarrassed:

nurman02

happened to me too, till my dear daughter is 1yrs old... the solution after so many trial and errors: electrical swing... try it, who knows, it might work...

layzeemum

yes ah boy got wind. i put ru yi oil on tummy and even on the soles of his feet cos friend said that could help. I even feed him gripe water every now and then.. but sigh... still same same leh ... doc said he got mild colic so I no choice ride it out is it?

hakisumi

How abt letting him sleep on his tummy? Or swaddling pattern?
As for drkg..I think take it ez 1st as long he is full n contented he ll push out the teats den u burp him aldy see if he still wants him..if not he prob had enuff..
2 hrs is normal..mine wants milk every 2-2.5hrs..just give it to him...the lengthen time need some time...

layzeemum

I thought sleep on tummy increases risk of SIDS? I scared scared - first time mum lah, kan cheong! maybe will experiment with swaddling patterns...

maybe trial and error lah. hiaz...

tackle one problem at a time hor.. sleep more important lah. you are right, if nappy change many times also sign he;s drinking adequately.

I so want to bring him out to kai kai cos am dying at home. but scared he make fuss and cry until security throw us out! :err: so dare not lah.. maybe next week - when he's 8 weeks / 2 months yay!!

hakisumi

If u r worried..swaddling pattern is the better..get those light weight bean bag put on his chest..swaddle him..so baby hands won't "fly" n get startled..
Does he slp thr out the night?
There was a period Graham dun slp in the afternn ..he napzz...
Dun worry..they take some time to adapt..
Make sure slpg enviro not too warm too ESP in e noon time.. 

Ting

i would think swaddling is a better option.
90-100ml per 2 hrs is fine for your boy i think. if u wan to lengthen the time, perhaps u can try to drag the time instead of just increasing the milk. try to distract him of something.
if your boy has mild colic, try asking the doc if he can prescribe u some colic drops.
if your boy is not slping well due to the heat, try placing another fan in the room to air the room more, wear light clothing n remove mittens n booties.
i dun suggest u rub ru yi oil on his soles, cos i think our soles r quite sensitive n the ruyi oil is quite "spicy", maybe tt is why he is feeling the discomfort.
make sure he is well burped n apply ruyi oil on his tummy n back is good enough.