Helps! Baby have a lot of 'pimples' ~

hueychye79

Help! My son have a lot of 'pimples' on his chin and face. (Almst whole face include the forehead)

Almost 1 month plus still haven subside.

After feeding I always use boil water to clean the mouth.

Notice some 脓 come out from 'pimpers' today

Any mummies encounter the same thing?

:embarrassed:

Feel sad and useless everytime I looks his face so many 'pimples' because I don't know how to take care my son. :eek:10:

Please help~~~

apollo

ds also have those 'pimples' since a mth old and it was on and off.. sometimes better sometimes worse... only until abt 4mth+ his 'pimple' pro fully solved. now got smooth skin and rosy cheeks =D

but he didnt have those 'long' in his pimples worr... u wanna check with ur pd??

hueychye79

dear son also have those 'pimples' since a month old and it was on and off.. sometimes better sometimes worse... only until about 4mth+ his 'pimple' pro fully solved. now got smooth skin and rosy cheeks =D

but he didnt have those 'long' in his pimples worr... you wanna check with your pediatrician??
Hi Regina mummies, that day when I bring my baby to take the 6 in 1 jab at clinic, doctor also mention my baby is very serious but only ask us to keep it clean and told us it will subside in future.

He mention this is due to the irritate of the pacifier and salivia.

Never subscride anything to me.

Did you apply anything?

If that is getting worst, I may make an appointment to the pediatrician.

apollo

Hi Regina mummies, that day when I bring my baby to take the 6 in 1 jab at clinic, doctor also mention my baby is very serious but only ask us to keep it clean and told us it will subside in future.

He mention this is due to the irritate of the pacifier and salivia.

Never subscride anything to me.

Did you apply anything?

If that is getting worst, I may make an appointment to the pediatrician.
no i did not apply anything even when ds's one was up to a 'serious' (i think) condition tt time...

cos pd asked me to just use cool boiled-water to clean his face as frequent as possible and i'm afriad he will touch his face and put his hands into his mouth den he will be eating those cream..

u observe 1st, try to clean his face hourly. if no improvement or even worsen, maybe call up ur pd to ask, esp the 'long'.. =)

cmeilim

cleaning with cool, boiled water is good, but clean gently. take care not to burst the pimples as the pus will spread the baby acne more. dun worry too much, your baby will outgrow the baby acne by about four months. my son also developed baby acne plus very bad cradle cap and veyr dry skin from 2nd to 4th month. he looked so awful and every day i felt so heartbroken looking at his face and feeling like it was my fault that I must have passed some bad hormones to him during delivery or something. my PD also told me that the acne would clear up by 4th month and he was right. other than cleaning my son's face, i bought california baby calendula cream and apply on his face to soothe his dry flaking skin. nowadays, i apply the cream on days when i see tiny spots appearing and the cream works well to keep spots at bay! =>

hueychye79

cleaning with cool, boiled water is good, but clean gently. take care not to burst the pimples as the pus will spread the baby acne more. dont worry too much, your baby will outgrow the baby acne by about four months. my son also developed baby acne plus very bad cradle cap and veyr dry skin from 2nd to 4th month. he looked so awful and every day i felt so heartbroken looking at his face and feeling like it was my fault that I must have passed some bad hormones to him during delivery or something. my pediatrician also told me that the acne would clear up by 4th month and he was right. other than cleaning my son's face, i bought california baby calendula cream and apply on his face to soothe his dry flaking skin. nowadays, i apply the cream on days when i see tiny spots appearing and the cream works well to keep spots at bay! =>
Glad to know that I am not alone.

Did you clean your baby face only after feeding?

Or I suppose to clean it every 1 or 2 hrs?

My baby feeding time is about 3-4 hrs.

Feel so bad now because he like to smile but he looks so awful with all the pimples...

I am thinking is it my fault because I didn't take care my baby well.... :embarrassed:

hueychye79

no i did not apply anything even when dear son's one was up to a 'serious' (i think) condition that time...

cos pediatrician asked me to just use cool boiled-water to clean his face as frequent as possible and i'm afriad he will touch his face and put his hands into his mouth then he will be eating those cream..

you observe 1st, try to clean his face hourly. if no improvement or even worsen, maybe call up your pediatrician to ask, esp the 'long'.. =)
Regina mummies, thanks for your reply..

Did you use the towel to clean your baby face?

I use facial cotton to clean it..

If clean hourly worry he might wake up, will observe the situation.

cmeilim

Glad to know that I am not alone.

Did you clean your baby face only after feeding?

Or I suppose to clean it every 1 or 2 hours?

My baby feeding time is about 3-4 hours.

Feel so bad now because he like to smile but he looks so awful with all the pimples...

I am thinking is it my fault because I didn't take care my baby well.... :embarrassed:
i only clean with moistened facial cotton after feeding cos i didn't want to hyperstimulate his face by over-cleansing. apparently baby acne is due to overproduction of sebum as a result of hormonal imbalance.

diymummy

My baby also had bad skin from 1st mth to 6th mth.

I brought him to PD and PD gave him some steroid cream to dry up the bad parts but using steroid cream is very drying so you'd need to top it up with a moisturizer.

I also had to make sure that his skin was very clean and I used SebaMed to bathe my baby because it's suitable for sensitive skin.

apollo

i used clean hanky to clean his face. and i dont use the same hanky twice. if i clean ds face 6x per day, means i use 6 diffe hanky =)

autumn82

Does the "nong/pimple" area feel rough and crusty looking? If yes, it could be infection.

If not, after every feed then clean would be good. Try not to use hanky for the time being. Just use those cotton wipe/balls gently wipe with boiled water.

If baby is still wearing mittens, do rem to take off and change new ones when wet.

Does she have any blankie/toys that are fabric and she will chew on and rub all over the face? If yes, also have to get rid of those for the time being..

*pats*

hueychye79

Does the "nong/pimple" area feel rough and crusty looking? If yes, it could be infection.

If not, after every feed then clean would be good. Try not to use hanky for the time being. Just use those cotton wipe/balls gently wipe with boiled water.

If baby is still wearing mittens, do rem to take off and change new ones when wet.

Does she have any blankie/toys that are fabric and she will chew on and rub all over the face? If yes, also have to get rid of those for the time being..

*pats*
Just bring my baby back from ped!

Doctor diagnos my baby have sensitive skin and subscripe the cream to him.

My baby face is very rough, so heartpain when saw his face. :embarrassed:

The cream is just apply once a day to heal the broken skin. I think my baby skin will become very dry.

Happen to meet one of the mummy, she told me her son also encounter the same problem but will slowly recover.

Hope my son skin will become smoother soon before Chinese New Year.

autumn82

Just bring my baby back from ped!

Doctor diagnos my baby have sensitive skin and subscripe the cream to him.

My baby face is very rough, so heartpain when saw his face. :embarrassed:

The cream is just apply once a day to heal the broken skin. I think my baby skin will become very dry.

Happen to meet one of the mummy, she told me her son also encounter the same problem but will slowly recover.

Hope my son skin will become smoother soon before Chinese New Year.
*sayangs*

dun worry, 2mths more, got time :) Just take care~~

Domique

must use the boiled water to clean whole face not just the mouth.

You may wish to get bacidin cream to apply on his face....

if you are bf, please also wipe ur breast before feeding him... that will make sure his face have lesser bacteria contact... :)

Anyway its quite common for newborn to have such issues...

Help! My son have a lot of 'pimples' on his chin and face. (Almst whole face include the forehead)

Almost 1 month plus still have not subside.

After feeding I always use boil water to clean the mouth.

Notice some 脓 come out from 'pimpers' today

Any mummies encounter the same thing?

:embarrassed:

Feel sad and useless everytime I looks his face so many 'pimples' because I dont't know how to take care my son. :eek:10:

Please help~~~

hueychye79

must use the boiled water to clean whole face not just the mouth.

You may wish to get bacidin cream to apply on his face....

if you are bf, please also wipe your breast before feeding him... that will make sure his face have lesser bacteria contact... :)

Anyway its quite common for newborn to have such issues...
Domique mummies, you means wipe whole face after every feeding?

ohstrawberry

My baby skin also very sensitive and got acne on his cheeks and forehead.
For the sake of him having good skin, i had banned all people from touching his face.
I wipe his cheeks and mouth with a very soft wash cloth each time i breastfeed him.
The wash cloth i buy from kiddy palace, very soft and smooth material, forgot the brand, packed in packet of 2pc, costs around $2.90.
Realised cotton wool will also agitate my baby face, think soft cloth better, but must make sure it is very clean. I will put the cloth in hot boiled water to steralise it then let it cool, then will use cool boiled water to clean baby's face.
I also apply aloe vera gel on his acne and cradle cap. It subside the acne a little and not so reddish now. The aloe vera gel i bought from a spree from Singapore Motherhood forum. Very effective for my rashes too.

My new born also has some pimples on his cheek and forehead then I noticed that every time when he cried/felt hot, his face turned flushed and his pimples got worse.. So i try to turn on thr aircon or remove some clothes for him and it works, his pimple now is better. Jia you!

hueychye79

My baby skin also very sensitive and got acne on his cheeks and forehead.
For the sake of him having good skin, i had banned all people from touching his face.
I wipe his cheeks and mouth with a very soft wash cloth each time i breastfeed him.
The wash cloth i buy from kiddy palace, very soft and smooth material, forgot the brand, packed in packet of 2pc, costs around $2.90.
Realised cotton wool will also agitate my baby face, think soft cloth better, but must make sure it is very clean. I will put the cloth in hot boiled water to steralise it then let it cool, then will use cool boiled water to clean baby's face.
I also apply aloe vera gel on his acne and cradle cap. It subside the acne a little and not so reddish now. The aloe vera gel i bought from a spree from Singapore Motherhood forum. Very effective for my rashes too.
My new born also has some pimples on his cheek and forehead then I noticed that every time when he cried/felt hot, his face turned flushed and his pimples got worse.. So i try to turn on thr aircon or remove some clothes for him and it works, his pimple now is better. Jia you!
Hi ohstrawberry & Claire_mama mummies for sharing the experience with me.

Notice I always kiss my baby, not sure is it one of the cause. :elvis:

Start from today onward will stop kissing my boy until he skin recover from broken. :embarrassed:

Be a mummies is not easy especially first time mummies.

apollo

Hi ohstrawberry & Claire_mama mummies for sharing the experience with me.

Notice I always kiss my baby, not sure is it one of the cause. :elvis:

Start from today onward will stop kissing my boy until he skin recover from broken. :embarrassed:

Be a mummies is not easy especially first time mummies.
yup dont kiss ur baby.. even till now, i dont kiss ds's face.. i only kiss his head. haha.. cos tt time he kept fell ill and pd said baby's immune system weak, skin sensitive, so better dont kiss them, esp face.. haha..