Hi from pearly

pearly

Hello everyone,

I happened to be googling and found this forum. I'm on the internet a lot but it never occurred to me to join a motherhood forum till now. Anyway, I thought it will be a good idea to come here and make some friends and perhaps share an idea or two.

I'm a mother of 2 adorable girls, age 9 and 11. As much as I would like to say I enjoy motherhood, I do find it extremely challenging. You see, both are born with multiple sensitivities, my younger one being more so even doctors at KK were puzzled. Now, if you had not one, but two kids who were constantly falling sick and covered with rashes, and one who has a tendency to react anaphylactically, you'll have no choice but to quit your job. That's what I did when my younger girl turned 18 months; I used to be a pretty promising IT auditor.

Back then, there wasn't much awareness on the term 'allergy' among parents and doctors:weno:. It was only after many bottles of medications and antibiotics, and much reading that it dawned on me that my kids were suffering from allergies which led them to their poor health.

This knowledge led me to a long alternative path to cure. Although it hasn't ended, I do believe that the body has the ability to heal itself and there is a cure somewhere down the road, yet to be uncovered by me. The blessing through it all is that the knowledge I have learned and am still learning is priceless. The ability to not panick whenever they react to something, and to treat them naturally so that they are on their feet within the shortest possible time, is in itself an achievement.

Anyway, despite what I have been reading, I never quite understand what allergies are, and why certain people are more sensitive than others. There are certainly causative factors to a defeated immune system which many are unaware of. This is what I hope to learn in the near future.

I hope to be able to share with you guys some ideas on health, diet, supplements and education:swoon:. I've seen some amazing improvements in the health in some children of parents I know, so hopefully, my sharing will be beneficial to some of your kids too.

Now if you were to ask me if I regret quitting my job, the answer is a definite 'No'. My current job as a full-time mum is unmistakeable more stressful for sure, but the joy and satisfaction of seeing them mushroom into sensible, caring and healthy children is simply incomparable.

Incidentally, I created a blog which has been pending my first entry for the longest time. I'll let you know when I log it in;).

Oh dear, this is turning out into a book. I better go. Tah!

Last edited:

Piorule

Welcome to this wonderful site. I would really like to read your blog, after reading your story, I think your blog should be very useful and interesting.