Hives

maine78

My ds got hives 3weeks ago. I realised his body. face n limbs got many red bumps and quickly bring him to a nearby 24hr GP. He was prescribed flu medicine. The bumps was lesser but it's been 3weeks and he's still hving a few red bumps on his limbs now and then. Anyone noe when it was go away totally?

Pink daisy

Hi Maine,

I think better bring to paedi for 2nd opinion, maybe want to check whether bb has ulcers too?
Not to frighten you, but HMD (hand mouth disease) have similar symptoms

Mum2Matty

If it's hives, the "flu medicine" that the doc prescribe is actually an anti-histamine, this medicine is also given if one develops any allergies.

For hives, it doesn't really go away, it'll come back now and then. Some develops hives if they are sensitive to dust, some to food, some due to stress (for adults), etc.

Hives are usually in patches and can be quite itchy.

Agnes Josephine

If it's hives, the "flu medicine" that the doc prescribe is actually an anti-histamine, this medicine is also given if one develops any allergies.

For hives, it doesn't really go away, it'll come back now and then. Some develops hives if they are sensitive to dust, some to food, some due to stress (for adults), etc.

Hives are usually in patches and can be quite itchy.
I totally agree!

I'm a ex-'hives' patient few months ago... It happened to me 3-4 months later after I gave birth in Mar 2007... It's very itchy & in patches in many forms & even seen a derma doctor in CHG... They gave me medicine for the itchiness & some anti-botics... The hives had been with me (on & off) for few months before it totally healed by itself... The doctor even gave me an open-date appointment in case the hives decides to 'pay' me a visit again...

So really have to be careful... Even the doctor couldn't find out the causes of how I got hives...

tjed

some readup here,...

MedlinePlus: Hives
Hives

Also called: Urticaria
Hives are red and sometimes itchy bumps on your skin. An allergic reaction to a drug or food usually causes them. Allergic reactions cause your body to release chemicals that can make your skin swell up in hives. People who have other allergies are more likely to get hives than other people. Other causes include infections and stress.
Hives are very common. They usually go away on their own, but if you have a serious case, you might need medicine or a shot. In rare cases, allergic reactions can cause a dangerous swelling in your airways, making it hard to breathe - which is a medical emergency.

EnFlor

Gosh! My 4yo son has hives. Saw the red bumps yesterday morning but it subsided in the afternoon, thought it was nothing. But this morning, he developed more on the bodies, arms and legs. I panic.

Already sent him to doc and doc said he got hives. Dunno what it was initially till i read from info from the net. First time he kena hives.

Yeah....how to know the cause of hives ? So difficult....doc said i gotta do some investigative work to find out what his skin is sensitive to. Wow, that could mean investigation for weeks, months or years. :1err:

But my gut feeling thinks it could be due to the heat. Read that heatiness could cause hives too. :tno:

pearly

A great homeopathic remedy for hives is Apis. I had a serious case of hives years ago shortly after consuming some nuts. After a dose of Apis 1M consisting of 2 tiny sugar pellets, I slept like a baby, and the next morning, they were all gone. No need for harmful antibiotics or allergy shots. Simply amazing. I used to suffer from hives when I was a child, and they were so annoying as they come in a vengeance and take forever to go away.