Hood and Hob Help

sassylady

i have just moved in to unit about 3 months ago.

and now i'm having issues with the built-in hob and hood that came with the flat.

when i'm using the smallest stove with small fire to cook, it will take very long to heat up and when turn to high fire, it got burnt really fast.

this is a waste of gas and it gets me frustrated especially when the hood turns off after using it for 20-30 mins even when i'm halfway through my cooking.

anyone facing the same problem with me? i'm getting very irritated with the hob and hood.

DSC04898.jpg
DSC04903.jpg
[video=youtube;sOEq5T4EsXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?very=sOEq5T4EsXA[/video]

Mof2kk

I try to think why yours like that but can't figure out why... When I use my medium fire to cook instant noodle (using those small pot to . cook for 1 person) with max power, I barely feel the heat from the fire below. Yours is only small fire.... Hmmm... When I cook this weekend I'll try to figure out why mine not hot...

Sorry, can't help yet...

Mof2kk

Small fire.jpg
I couldn't figure out how to upload photo until I saw some helpful tips from other mummys from other threads...
This is my small fire at max power. I don't feel the heat at all when I cook porridge - I mean my hand when I stirred the porridge. I did notice something though, my fire is quite 'vertical'. Yours look flat and spread out. Maybe that's why your hand feels hot???
Biggest fire.jpg
This is my biggest fire. When I fry veggie, can feel a bit of heat from fire (of course!) but no problem at all.

Not sure if you can call your agent to adjust the fire. Worst case, change your hob.........

Attachments

sassylady

ya lo. i have no idea what's wrong with it.

because its all built in together with the house.

thinking of changing it already because i can't have my hood turn off itself after cooking for awhile or my food getting burnt constantly by the flame right?

sighs. i never had this problem at my home before.

i think the flame is due to the flame design. i went to see the hob i have at home and the flame is not as 'flat' as yours. mine would be at a more vertical angle enabling faster cooking maybe.

i think having the hob replaced will be a better idea. better than having your food overcook or undercook all the time.

sassylady

i tried different ways already. changing to a bigger pot. closing the kitchen door and window as it's just beside the hod.

but everything is just the same. the hood still turns off by itself and the food gets burnt easily despite stirring constantly and all.

can i shift my the hob from my old place to my new home? :s

have you tried checking the electricity cables for your hob and hoob? maybe they are damaged during the setting up or something?

it would be best to check it out first. but then i think it would still b best to change the hob as i don't think that has anything to do with the power supply. any brands you have in mind? just get the same brand you have back at your old place. to save the trouble.

sassylady

i finally change my hob to a turbo one.

and the cooking experience has been rather different.

the flame is angled at about 45 degrees as compared to the previous one that was angled at 180 degrees. and cooking time now is shorten which helps to save on the gas.

very happy with changing the hob. don't get frustrated that easily when cooking now.

018.jpg020.jpg023.jpg

congrats on your new hob.

you got them from turbo? how much did you pay for them?

new hob new beginnings! no more fear about burning your food already. :)

sassylady

ya. new hob new beginnings. i like the way that sounds.

the turbo combi has been working perfectly fine. just like how they worked at my parents place before i move into my new place. so glad that i got them changed. dont have to worry about my food getting burn anymore.

sassylady

OMG! You really changed your hob! And it looks like mine too! Enjoy your new turbo hob :)
ya. had it changed for good and now no worries about my food getting burn or the unstable fire. thanks.

what hob are you using now? from turbo also? or what brand?

glad you had your hob changed to a new one. have you use turbo previously before?

it's good to change now than later before the problems get out of hand especially when you cook for house parties or big groups.

Mof2kk

ya. had it changed for good and now no worries about my food getting burn or the unstable fire. thanks.

what hob are you using now? from turbo also? or what brand?
Yes, mine is from Turbo also! I like the wok fire especially when I fry veggie :) Can hear the sizzling sound from beginning till I scoop them up.

Yes, mine is from Turbo also! I like the wok fire especially when I fry veggie :) Can hear the sizzling sound from beginning till I scoop them up.
ya! i love my turbo hob because of the 'fire power' they have. the fire is spread out evenly so everything is nicely cooked.

sassylady

the fire is really good. i like it that it is spread out evenly and can hear the sizzling sound as well. it makes me think that my cook is cooking smoothly!

sassylady

ya! i love my turbo hob because of the 'fire power' they have. the fire is spread out evenly so everything is nicely cooked.
the fire is good! no worries about my food getting overcooked or undercook now because everything will be cooked at the same time. so convenient!