How come???

hui_ru_88

Hi

I need your advise as my husband and I are trying for a second child. However, there is one problem that we are facing...

I had a miscarriage (blighted ovum) last november. After the miscarriage, i had my first menses on 21 Dec 2009. After that, my menses was back to normal- 35 days cycle. This continues on for 2 cycles.

However, for the month of April, my cycle became 42 days. Initally I thought I am pregnant again. But who knows, AF visited me.

May I check with you how come there is a change in my cycle? Cos all the while, my menses is very regular- even after I delivered my daughter almost 2 years back.

Thanks in advance :)

cseen

Hi

I need your advise as my husband and I are trying for a second child. However, there is one problem that we are facing...

I had a miscarriage (blighted ovum) last november. After the miscarriage, i had my first menses on 21 Dec 2009. After that, my menses was back to normal- 35 days cycle. This continues on for 2 cycles.

However, for the month of April, my cycle became 42 days. Initally I thought I am pregnant again. But who knows, AF visited me.

May I check with you how come there is a change in my cycle? Cos all the while, my menses is very regular- even after I delivered my daughter almost 2 years back.

hi... FRom what I read definition of irregular menses means you have varies cycle ie: 28 this month than 35, 30, 25, 42 ..it jumps all over and you might not be able to predict the actual ovulation date. I think for you it's rather normal still as in 35 for 2 cycles and than 42. you might need to observe for another few cycles to see it goes back to 35-42 days. I am having 35-38 days cycle as well.. 38 last round previously was 35 36 days... Doc says it's pretty normal...
Good luck!! :001_302:

PinkDiamonds

Hi,
I suggest you continue to monitor your AF, and try to record down your AF dates and how long they lasted. If it continues, you may want to drop by your gynae's office for a visit. with a "history" of your AF dates and duration, your gynae may provide a better diagnosis.

diymummy

Stress and fatigue can delay AF. Doubt there's a change in AF cycle unless you have been observing that same change for approximately 3 cycles.

Justina

Hi

Hello Hui Ru,

So happy to hear that you're trying for second one!

Have you been on any form of birth control prior to this? It may affect you cycle. Or the best thing is to see a doctor for advise.

Take care :)

hui_ru_88

Hello Hui Ru,

So happy to hear that you're trying for second one!

Have you been on any form of birth control prior to this? It may affect you cycle. Or the best thing is to see a doctor for advise.

Take care :)
Hi Justina

I stopped the contraceptive pills since last year- before I got pregnant and in the end, miscarriage.

Quaver

Why not start charting BBT temperatures?
You buy the special BBT thermometer and take the temp every morning at the same time before getting up from bed.

You can chart it at Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting
Then you can determine your ovulation dates better.

Otherwise, do you check your cervical mucus?
That can indicate when you are near ovulation. You should to both to find you most fertile days.
Fertility Friend Handbook - Fertility Charting For Pregnancy Achievement

Another way is to buy ovulation predictor kits or Clearblue fertility monitor.
I have just bought the Clearblue monitor, so will start using it now.
Good luck.:Dancing_wub: