How couple manage their finances

Monamacy

Hi,

Mind to share how you guys manage your finances with your spouses? Do you maintain a joint account and use from there, or do you maintain your own account and yours strictly for savings?

Do wives normally save while husbands pay for everything? Thanks for sharing your stories...there is always something for others to learn.

Pocoyo80

We have a joint a/c which we both contribute to it monthly and also a % of our bonus as savings. Once it has accumulated to a certain amount, we will either invest in shares or insc products. We share our household expenses as well.

Monamacy

We have a joint a/c which we both contribute to it monthly and also a % of our bonus as savings. Once it has accumulated to a certain amount, we will either invest in shares or insc products. We share our household expenses as well.
How do you share household expenses? Like certain expeses paid by him and some paid by you? Normally one spouse earn substantially more than the other due to the family commitment that (normally mothers) have to take on less demanding jobs, so that fathers can fully concentrate on their career.

CanCanMum

i hold onto my husb's current account chequebook and atm card. He doesnt know anything about online banking/phone banking etc lol. Everything is paid from my side. He gets a weekly allowance. Sometimes if he has entertainment or meet clients for drinks, he will use his Credit Card. Pretty simple arrangement. Such things work better for us as he is very bad at saving money while i m not as good but at least i m better than him lol...

Both of us do not have much commitment so everything is paid by my husband. I do not have to worry about his finances as I trust that he knows how to manage his funds well since his job is to manage his company cash flow. We do have our own joint account that we both use it for yearly investments. He would give me monthly allowance for my own private use as well. Basically we both trust each other when come to finances and is able to spend our $$ meticulously.

Nali54

We have a joint account which hubby will transfer the monthly household expenses into. He settles all household expenses. :)

Mojolove

Well, we have our own accounts and a joint one for household expenses.hubby settles kids educational expenses.

thaliarich

depends on whether hubby or wifey has better financial savvy. its important to have self-awareness and work towards a common financial goal.

for me, my SO and i has a shared account for household expenses and our own individual accounts. since we are both working, we contribute a certain % to the household expense acct and keep the rest

MsKoh1973

I am SAHM and I manage the finances at home. Basically my hubby only look at the "big picture", so he doesn't care much so long as I keep at least one month of his pay in our joint account. We have joint and separate account, but basically the cheque book, online banking token for his bank account are all with me, I am the one who does all the payments/ transfer every month.

PinkUmber

We both have a joint account where we contribute an equal amount of money into it every month. need both our signatures to withdraw $$ so it's kinda like our "rainy days money" haha