How do u make rice cereal

yummumamanda

Rice Cereal with whole rice

Ingredients:
1/2 c. rice (brown rice, basmati or jasmine)
1 cup water

Directions:
1. Bring liquid to boil in saucepan. Add the rice and stir.
2. Simmer for 20 minutes or according to package directions; stir 1/2 way through cooking time.
3. When rice is finished and a bit cool, add it in 1/2 cup measurements with liquid of your choice (breastmilk, formula, water etc.) and puree as needed. Keep a watch as you puree so that the rice does not turn into paste!
4. Serve warm mixed with fruits, veggies and liquid of your choice.

May be frozen but upon thawing, may turn a bit rubbery.

Steadam2011

RICE CRISPY TREATS

1 or 2 bags miniature marshmallows
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups Kellogg's Rice Crispy Cereal

Melt butter in a saucepan. Add marshmallows.

Stir until mixture becomes difficult to stir any more. Mix in the Rice Crispy Cereal and stir until hot.

Butter a pan (a square pan like a brownie pan) and spread mixture evenly in the pan. Allow to cool and cut into squares.

Last edited:

mommypia

Here's a simple way to make baby cereal.

Grind the grains with a blender or other appliance.

Cook the cereal. Bring water to a boil in a sauce pan. Add the powdered cereal. You can use 1 part cereal and 2 parts water. Simmer for 10 minutes while stirring with a whisk. You may want to add water if it gets too thick. You can always add water or breast milk when serving.

Cool the cereal.

Feed and/or store. You can make a small batch and put it in ice trays with lids so that you have individual servings ready to be re-heated in the microwave.

You can find more details instructions and pictures at

Purple Pram: Baby Food - Baby Cereal

mclainpauline

Rice cereal is really a good food for all growing baby that provide good amount of carbohydrates and it is also good for the baby to easy digest. You share here this recipe is really very helpful for me to make rice cereal for my baby.

butter2012

Hi I pureed pumpkin, Australia gold potatoes, purple potatoes, local sweet potatoes and corn kernels. I add a teaspoon of Sisen ginseng and ikan bilis to the pureed food(which when I compared with the other flavour contained higher DHA). I started with half a rice bowl once a day. Then I gave twice a day after a week. 3 months after he turned 6 months, which is roughly now, he is starting on a spoonful of threadfin with half a bowl of pureed food. I also gave mashed banana, papaya and really really mashed rice. He will ask for about 60 ml of milk half an hour after he finishes his food. I will be moving on to meat when he reaches one year of age. :)