How do u quit breastfeeding?

autumn82

Hi mommies~

Just wanna check out how do u all quit breastfeeding? I stopped bfing DS for almost 4mths oredi but I still have some milk that I've to hand expressed out daily.

How do u all stop the supply?! :001_302:

Porukadotzu

i just quit bf about a month ago when baby turning 6th mth, i reduce the bf time meal per meal exchange with formula, then slowly to full time formula. like this then i didnt get engorgement. now my breast still got milk but not so much.. i guess they will dry pretty soon.

autumn82

i just quit bf about a month ago when baby turning 6th mth, i reduce the bf time meal per meal exchange with formula, then slowly to full time formula. like this then i didnt get engorgement. now my breast still got milk but not so much.. i guess they will dry pretty soon.
Prob is I did that for 4mths+ oredi.. and it still contain milk and if i dun hand express out, i'll feel the engorgement.. Was wondering how long I need to take.. Coz rem for DD, less than a week, I dun have anymore milk.. :tlaugh:

Porukadotzu

Prob is I did that for 4mths+ oredi.. and it still contain milk and if i dun hand express out, i'll feel the engorgement.. Was wondering how long I need to take.. Coz rem for DD, less than a week, I dun have anymore milk.. :tlaugh:
hi autumn,

maybe you shouldn't express untill your breast empty, during the time i try to exchange the breastfeeding with formula i also hv engorgement, but then i express only untill i feel comfy again.

coz if you express untill empty then r body giving signal tat ur milk demand still normal, then your breast will always full. but if you express half then ur body produce lesser and lesser.

but if nomatter how your milk still alot then no choice you hv to postpone your intention to quit.. hehehhee

CanCanMum

Hi mommies~

Just wanna check out how do u all quit breastfeeding? I stopped bfing DS for almost 4mths oredi but I still have some milk that I've to hand expressed out daily.

ask someone to help u suck it out?

dun ask me who~~~:Dancing_tongue:

autumn82

hi autumn,

maybe you shouldn't express untill your breast empty, during the time i try to exchange the breastfeeding with formula i also hv engorgement, but then i express only untill i feel comfy again.

coz if you express untill empty then r body giving signal tat ur milk demand still normal, then your breast will always full. but if you express half then ur body produce lesser and lesser.

but if nomatter how your milk still alot then no choice you hv to postpone your intention to quit.. hehehhee
I only expressed until I feel comfy not empty.. Can u imagine hand expressed until empty? Think after that, my hands won't be mine oredi.. :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

I'll try again.. see how long it will take... :x I dun wan to continue.. Can die...

CanCanMum

*GigGles**

okies soli soli

i be serious.....

*chUckLes**

erm....last time i juz stopped pumping and even tho it engorged i still let it flow out by itself without pumping....and when bathing everyday i will hand express it out (coz hot shower ma) and slowly day by day till it stopped.

Porukadotzu

I only expressed until I feel comfy not empty.. Can u imagine hand expressed until empty? Think after that, my hands won't be mine oredi.. :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

I'll try again.. see how long it will take... :x I dun wan to continue.. Can die...
oh thought you use pumps haha...

ya try slowly lah.. see how long it takes..

why can die?!? haha...

CanCanMum

hey.............how come u noe wad i was dinking?

lols..............................:001_302::001_302::001_302:

hanipoise

Hi mommies~

mmm..the last time wat i did is..wen the breast start to engorge...use hot water n towel to massage the lumpy part..Wear a tight bra..so tat the milk will reduce flowing..after few days ur milk wil be stop flowing..its werks with me wen i had my son 7 yrs ago.

autumn82

mmm..the last time wat i did is..wen the breast start to engorge...use hot water n towel to massage the lumpy part..Wear a tight bra..so tat the milk will reduce flowing..after few days ur milk wil be stop flowing..its werks with me wen i had my son 7 yrs ago.
Oh! Maybe coz I'm either wearing nursing bra or braless since DS was born that's y! Thanks hanipoise~ :) But then again, nursing bra too comfy for me to change back to wired bras.. :tlaugh:

snowbear

autumn82 how long u bf ur son? cos i thought of stopping bf my dd when she is 4month old...
why are you thinking of stopping bfding when bb is 4months old? I have friends who gave up bfding and regretted coz bb kept falling sick after that... not sure if that's really linked to bfding though research has shown that breastfed babies are healthier in general. :)