How do you discipline your ds?

Crashz

I hates to see my ds talked back, screamed when he is talking to his grandparents & aunties and even cry to get what he wants despite telling him not to do so... is it normal for them at 3 to behave in this way.. any advise or your experience to share?

M

^Mami_Jazz^

Yes, i'm in the same position.
Everyone must listen & look at him when he gv "command"
He is the family commander :embarrassed:

Crashz

same here, worst still he only listen to me! no point when I discipline him, then on the other hand, my mum and rest will give in to him... sigh.. duno what to do.. I also feel guilty that I always have to discipline him.. scare he dont like me next time whenever he see me..Mummy = scold!!!

M

^Mami_Jazz^

same here, worst still he only listen to me! no point when I discipline him, then on the other hand, my mum and rest will give in to him... sigh.. duno what to do.. I also feel guilty that I always have to discipline him.. scare he dont like me next time whenever he see me..Mummy = scold!!!
same lor, but i always be beri nice to him after he stop his nonsences
so mommy not oways bad :tlaugh:

u working or not? how old ur ds?

Crashz

I am working, that's why feel sad and bad that I always have to discipline him whenever I got time with him... but if I dont do that to him, I am afriad he will be worst.... he is coming to 3

M

^Mami_Jazz^

I am working, that's why feel sad and bad that I always have to discipline him whenever I got time with him... but if I dont do that to him, I am afriad he will be worst.... he is coming to 3
ya working mom faces tis prob. i;m workng too.
is he in childcare?
my boi getting out of ctrl liao :embarrassed:

vion

Hi, thou I'm a SAHM, I faced tis same prob b4 too. It's nt wat gets into the little head of ur ds, other family members play a big role too since u r working. They'll oso hv to go along with u. Try compromising with them. They can leave pampering to when he's behaving.

stonston

I tink there r a few things tt u must settle first:

- Did u set ground rules with ur family regarding discipline?
- Did u give ur family permission to discipline ur kid according to e way u wish?
- Did u openly talk about expected behaviours and consequences with ur family members n comminicate it to ur kid?

the above will affect successful discipline....if e whole family is united on e discipline type n e limit of tolerance for nonsense, ur kid will slowly learn his/her limit too....

for my family as long as we see e kid misbehaving at family gatherings, we will scold, regardless parents r there or not...so my cousin's kids are all very well behaved cos every1 in e family has same standards....but no physical punishment unless did something very very bad...n physical punishment we leave to e parents....

sometimes u must nip e problem at the bud....n u r not ard to see the bud, u need ur family's help to nip it!

i've told my parents n siblings wot is acceptable for my boi n they understand my views n noe tt they can discipline him if he is wrong....

M

^Mami_Jazz^

Ston,

u hv a cooperatv family members but i dun hv, they will hv tolerate watever nonsenses my ds creates

Say "kids r like tat one" :shyxxx::shyxxx:

xiaodaisy

mine too.. but i would use cane to scare him.. if not i'll just cane him .. haha.. i very bad hor lolXxX..

stonston

Ston,

u hv a cooperatv family members but i dun hv, they will hv tolerate watever nonsenses my ds creates

i always tell my mum if my boi misbehave, it will reflect badly on her....
n i told her in her face, not all kids r like tt....
even if all kids r like tt, i dun want my son to be like tt....

not my family cooperative...is i very fierce...whoever who give in to my boi's nonsense will get a huge scolding fm me....

vion

Ston,

kekeke......My ILs like to use tis sentence too. N "kids dunno". There was once I got really pissed off with them I juz told them "tt's precisely y we adults shld b teaching them from young"

Carole

We cane. Not everytime. But must definitely cane at least ONE time jialat jialat. No give face. Away from public eye. At home. So when he misbehaves outside, we will give him the stern look or threaten to go hardware shop to buy cane. My parents have been told to threaten him with "I call daddy/mummy now to tell them what you've done". Then he will behave.

We also did "time out". He damn scared of timeout. We put a timer there and asked him to look at the fishes. We were very very stern with him.

The key here is "Consistency". If you have decided to carry out something, you MUST carry out. No buts or ifs. Even if the phone rings while you're punishing him, you have to ignore the phone call.

M

^Mami_Jazz^

Totally agree.
On that note...do not threaten some punishment that you are not able to fulfil, like..'i ask policeman catch you....' :001_302:
hahaha my gor will say "why so long policeman haven come & catch me?" :001_302: