How do you discipline your ds?

jedamum

scare he dont like me next time whenever he see me..Mummy = scold!!!
no need to worry so long you explain to him about why you need to teach him. my dh is super strict with my ds1, and although my ds1 is very scare of him, my dh's opinion matters a lot to my ds1. hm...a bit like my relationship with my dad.....

M

^Mami_Jazz^

We cane. Not everytime. But must definitely cane at least ONE time jialat jialat. No give face. Away from public eye. At home. So when he misbehaves outside, we will give him the stern look or threaten to go hardware shop to buy cane. My parents have been told to threaten him with "I call daddy/mummy now to tell them what you've done". Then he will behave.

We also did "time out". He damn scared of timeout. We put a timer there and asked him to look at the fishes. We were very very stern with him.

The key here is "Consistency". If you have decided to carry out something, you MUST carry out. No buts or ifs. Even if the phone rings while you're punishing him, you have to ignore the phone call.
:elvis:Carole, can i leave my boi at your place for few hrs u help me to discipline :tlaugh:

M

^Mami_Jazz^

:eek:
your gorgor doesn't look the demanding sort leh. he look kwai kwai leh....
hm..maybe it is in the genes....:Dancing_wub:
hehehehe maybe my ils genes :001_302:
my fren just commented tis afternoon tat i need to use cane on javen liao, he is getting fm bad to worse. Looks r deceiving de else will not hv so many ppl kena conned :tlaugh:

Crashz

haha sorry har.. but at least I feel much better to know that I am not the only mummi that got this problem... though the problem still need to be solved..

M

^Mami_Jazz^

haha sorry har.. but at least I feel much better to know that I am not the only mummi that got this problem... though the problem still need to be solved..

i tink no one can the BEst or the WorSt :tlaugh::tlaugh:

leesm105

hmm... my ds was like a king before he started cc becoz my parents were taking care of him. When he is with us, we have start the rules. He often cries, scream, yell whenever he saw what he want outside. Starting we give ways, slowly we just let him cries. Even till now he still react like that at times. Totally no listening at all (really damm fedup sometimes). But, I just keep quiet, tell him no, cannot buy this (usually he want toys or vcds). Have to talk to him nicely why cannot etc after that. After a few times, he knows crying won't works ...

mar_mum

i always tell my mum if my boi misbehave, it will reflect badly on her....
n i told her in her face, not all kids r like tt....
even if all kids r like tt, i dun want my son to be like tt....

not my family cooperative...is i very fierce...whoever who give in to my boi's nonsense will get a huge scolding fm me....

If your boy is like mine, you'll realize that no matter how fierce you are to ur family members or your boy, it doesn't work. Even getting an army officer will not be able to discipline him... haha ..... That's how I get skinner and skinner.

Sometimes, it's easier to say and 'discipline' other people's kids. But when it comes to your own, you'll soon realize that it's not that easy.

BbYew

hihi mommies,

I also using the same method as carole..sometimes they realli leave u no choice but to cane them..hahahaha...being a mom or dad nowadays realli a very challenging:tlaugh:

stonston

If your boy is like mine, you'll realize that no matter how fierce you are to ur family members or your boy, it doesn't work. Even getting an army officer will not be able to discipline him... haha ..... That's how I get skinner and skinner.

Sometimes, it's easier to say and 'discipline' other people's kids. But when it comes to your own, you'll soon realize that it's not that easy.
if my boi like urs, i will realli pengz...he takes after his father...too 'adventurous'...maybe try the 'tire him out' method....bring him go to park n let him run laps...when he go home he will be too tired to do anything else liaoz....

jus an evil tot...u wanna leave him at my place for a day n lemme torture him?