how does ur toddler falls asleep at night

chiro

hi mummies

i am trying to stop bf and for my son wean off from latching on tilll he sleep

have tried to feed him fm for the night he but he will remember and persistently point to my breasts look to suckle before he fall asleep whether he finish the bottle or not..

When i was hospitalised for fracturing both my feet after a fall on flat ground.. He was very independent when stayin with my parents, goes to sleep after each feeding almost immediately

(I am on wheelchair as both feet r in cast...now my son n r at my parents place which is more wheelchair frenly. One funny thing is tat he sniff at my breasts .. Got a "yuks" look on his face then walk off for two days after i got dicharge and on the third day, he pass me breast pump after sniffing, and did the same thing 3 hours later. After tat then he latch on haha

bf with casts r very uncomfortable for thhe past four weeks..and i want him to go to sleep immediaetely after fm.. But find tat he very active after fm n can still dart around when the lights were off

can mummies share wif me how ur toddler falls asleep? Do u carry them n pat them? My mil pat him to sleep in the day..there were times when he points to his pillow and goes sleep immedately..

Or do u let them play until they got tired n fell asleep?which he did on a couple of ocassions .. He can self playfor two to three hours before falling asleep

Last edited:

Domique

Hi Chiro,

I carry and feed him milk and pat him to zzz. i rock him a little to zzz too and put him down to zzz..
at good days, i just lay him down on bed after feed to zzz with patting and me lying beside him.
i dun think letting him play til tired everyday is good becoz alaric will "han been". must set a routine lor.
sometimes alaric also dun wanna zzz. i will scold him and tell him its late and no going down bed.
try lights off method and army style lor.

hi mummies

i am trying to stop bf and for my son wean off from latching on tilll he sleep

have tried to feed him fm for the night he but he will remember and persistently point to my breasts look to suckle before he fall asleep whether he finish the bottle or not..

When i was hospitalised for fracturing both my feet after a fall on flat ground.. He was very independent when stayin with my parents, goes to sleep after each feeding almost immediately

(I am on wheelchair as both feet r in cast...now my son n r at my parents place which is more wheelchair frenly. One funny thing is that johanan sniff at my breasts .. Got a "yuks" look on his face then walk off for two days after i got dicharge and on the third day, he pass me breast pump after sniffing, and did the same thing 3 hours later. After that then he latch on haha

bf with casts r very uncomfortable for thhe past four weeks..and i want him to go to sleep immediaetely after fm.. But find that he very active after fm n can still dart around when the lights were off

can mummies share with me how your toddler falls asleep? Do you carry them n pat them? My mother in law pat him to sleep in the day..there were times when he points to his pillow and goes sleep immedately..

Or do you let them play until they got tired n fell asleep?which he did on a couple of ocassions .. He can self playfor two to three hours before falling asleep

annie

ive always bf my girl before sleep but then i dun allow her to fall asleep on the breast though sometimes it still happens hehe. usually she will drink milk then release the boobs when she is done then crawl to her cot (her cot is beside my bed with 1 side open so she can climb in and out freely) and roll a bit here and there then fall asleep. sometimes after rolling for sometime n still unable to fall asleep, she will crawl to me and rest her head on my chest (on top of breast) and then fall asleep there. i will then transfer her to her cot after tat. nap n sleep same. she just doze off somehow after rolling or on my chest. at night its faster. nap time sometimes very fast but sometimes takes around 1hr...

tinkerball

i pat my boy's butoock till he falls asleep but if that fails i switched off all the lights and tv. he usually falls asleep easily in the dark :)

snowbear

I do a bedtime routine every night - she's got a few activities to choose from apart from the usual warm bath and brushing teeth - and when all that's done, we turn off the lights and she latches on for a milk feed. After she's done with both boobs, I will then hug her, say sweet nothings to her then kiss her goodnite. Then she goes into her cot and falls asleep on her own. :)

CanCanMum

last time when Baber was a toddler, i will feed him FM half hour before bedtime, den usually i will "sleep" wif him.

Normally he will want to watch the cars by the window (need carry him to see) before he sleeps. (My flat faces the expressway lOl)

and usually i will sleep before he does LOl, sometimes i wonder izzit he needs to hear my snoring sounds lOl, to fall asleep :001_302:

the days when i was super awake i noticed he will self play till tired and juz fall asleep LOl

autumn82

Since birth, I have been practising some routines with Iggy when it comes to bedtime. When he was NB, after milk feed and burp, I will put Iggy on his cot and he will sleep by himself. When he grew older until now, he will crawl onto his bed and when lights out, he will sleep by himself within 5-10mins.

For afternoons, it's the same thing just that I'll draw the curtains coz too glaring. :)

It's always the same old routine, change PJ, milk, lie on bed, lights out, sleep. :)

chiro

thanks snowbear...

are u still bfg her?

I do a bedtime routine every night - she's got a few activities to choose from apart from the usual warm bath and brushing teeth - and when all that's done, we turn off the lights and she latches on for a milk feed. After she's done with both boobs, I will then hug her, say sweet nothings to her then kiss her goodnite. Then she goes into her cot and falls asleep on her own. :)

chiro

thanks autumn..

now im stil in process of weaning him out of bm jus before he sleep...he still wants to latch on after drinking entire bottle of fm sometimes with a leftover of 50-80ml...

Since birth, I have been practising some routines with Iggy when it comes to bedtime. When he was NB, after milk feed and burp, I will put Iggy on his cot and he will sleep by himself. When he grew older until now, he will crawl onto his bed and when lights out, he will sleep by himself within 5-10mins.

For afternoons, it's the same thing just that I'll draw the curtains coz too glaring. :)

It's always the same old routine, change PJ, milk, lie on bed, lights out, sleep. :)

Last edited: