How is contraction like?

Melancholy

Hmm.. was wondering how is contraction like? And if having contraction, which side of tummy will hurt? (Pardon me coz i dunno anything =x)

iwan2noe

Hmm.. was wondering how is contraction like? And if having contraction, which side of tummy will hurt? (Pardon me coz i dont know anything =x)
It is like ur tummybecome v hard like a rock. Some pple may experience menstrual- like pain that accompany the contractions.
In early wks of 3rd trimester, the contraction is usually painless, though I depends on each individual...

Hope this helps to explain

Verona's

I felt them since last week only ,
Menses cramps , backaches & tummy hard hard like this :) Can be painful when baby is moving & you r having contractions hehe ~

Wasant

i never experienced menses cramp....but contraction is like mild cramp...thenas hours went by..become more intense n more painful...

Melancholy

It is like your tummybecome very hard like a rock. Some pple may experience menstrual- like pain that accompany the contractions.
In early wks of 3rd trimester, the contraction is usually painless, though I depends on each individual...

Hope this helps to explain
oh ok thanks..

Melancholy

Menses cramps , backaches & tummy hard hard like this :) Can be painful when baby is moving & you r having contractions hehe ~
I felt pain at my lower abdomen last night.. And baby was moving which make my tummy hurts too..

Past few days, I felt my tummy hard like a rock and a mild pain when bb moves. Was wondering is this BH? I'm in my 3rd tri, due in mid mar :)

angelwendy

Past few days, I felt my tummy hard like a rock and a mild pain when baby moves. Was wondering is this BH? I'm in my 3rd tri, due in mid mar :)

Yup is normal... & also it will get more & more painful... but when it comes just lie side way on the bed to rest a while.. & also i heard that drink warm water & take warm bath helps....:001_302: ya baby move u will feel pain also... cause of the position.... just sayang ur tummy to let baby move a side... hee sometime it work for me...

angelia286

Menses cramps , backaches & tummy hard hard like this :) Can be painful when baby is moving & you are having contractions hehe ~
I had those just last week! It's like I was sleeping and all of a sudden, there is this cramping sensation in the stomach, my legs and then the lower back has a type of falling down pain. Well, it went away after a massage session with my massager.

But, the doctor says all of these are 'normal'? So how do we know when is a real contraction?

izanyzam

During my actual labour,this is how i describe my contractions..I felt a dull backache..And feels like someone takes a knife an stabs my lower abdomen repeatedly..!! I could only grit my teeth and let tears stream down my cheeks as i breathe through my contractions..And all that while,hubby kept asking me if i was in pain...DUHHHHhhh...!!!~~ :err:

angelia286

During my actual labour,this is how i describe my contractions..I felt a dull backache..And feels like someone takes a knife an stabs my lower abdomen repeatedly..!! I could only grit my teeth and let tears stream down my cheeks as i breathe through my contractions..And all that while,hubby kept asking me if i was in pain...DUHHHHhhh...!!!~~ :err:
How is the pain of labour like?? Is it worse than a motorcycle accident of speed 70Km/hr? I am feeling like very apprehensive nowadays wors.. .

Raina

I didn't know that the feeling I was having were contractions until they strapped the machine to my tummy. Tummy was hardening then softens, then it repeated again. Frequency was far apart. So can say that my initial contractions were quite mild till they burst my waterbag and put me on drip.

The really intense contractions felt like very bad menses cramps and I felt like my back was gonna break. BUT that's good, coz it means that baby is coming soon. When baby was pushing inside, u feel like u wanna pass motion. Really really wanna pass motion. That's when the gynae or midwife will start telling u to push. They will guide you how to push and breathe...though it's hard to focus..try to .

All the best and may you have a smooth delivery :)

angelia286

I didn't know that the feeling I was having were contractions until they strapped the machine to my tummy. Tummy was hardening then softens, then it repeated again. Frequency was far apart. So can say that my initial contractions were quite mild till they burst my waterbag and put me on drip.

The really intense contractions felt like very bad menses cramps and I felt like my back was gonna break. BUT that's good, coz it means that baby is coming soon. When baby was pushing inside, you feel like you wanna pass motion. Really really wanna pass motion. That's when the gynae or midwife will start telling you to push. They will guide you how to push and breathe...though it's hard to focus..try to .

All the best and may you have a smooth delivery :)
Is it very painful?? I have never had menses cramps before and do not know the feeling of that.. SOrry for sounding so ignorant

iwan2noe

Hmm.. was wondering how is contraction like? And if having contraction, which side of tummy will hurt? (Pardon me coz i dont know anything =x)
Hi,

I only know what is labour contraction when I deliver my bb.
The frequency and intensity of the cramp increase gradually.

It started with slight cramps and it last for a few mins then stopped for a few mins and as ur bb is abt to be delivered the intensity of the contractions will increase so much that u can feel like u r gg to pass motion(painfully). This will happen and u can feel that u are passing motion means ur bb is pushing down..so u will deliver v soon...

it does not matter which side of ur tummy will hurt.. there is no fixed side. For me, I feel the pain on my left side of tummy....

Melancholy

Hi,

I only know what is labour contraction when I deliver my bb.
The frequency and intensity of the cramp increase gradually.

It started with slight cramps and it last for a few mins then stopped for a few mins and as ur bb is abt to be delivered the intensity of the contractions will increase so much that u can feel like u r gg to pass motion(painfully). This will happen and u can feel that u are passing motion means ur bb is pushing down..so u will deliver v soon...

it does not matter which side of ur tummy will hurt.. there is no fixed side. For me, I feel the pain on my left side of tummy....
oh ok.. thanks =)

jean1986

im in my 35 weeks now n i think i keep having braxton hicks. how to differentiate from real contractions? especially now i keep feeling bb's movement at the bottom.

iwan2noe

im in my 35 weeks now n i think i keep having braxton hicks. how to differentiate from real contractions? especially now i keep feeling baby's movement at the bottom.

For me, BH is more intense kicking without pain. For labour pains, the contractions comes with pain with regular frequency...

Raina

Is it very painful?? I have never had menses cramps before and do not know the feeling of that.. SOrry for sounding so ignorant
Mmmm, have u ever had stomach flu, when u feel ur tummy being twisted from the inside, before rushing to toilet to poo poo....but imagine the pain to be a lot more intense