How KiaSu or KiaSee are you as a parent?

Mum2Matty

As above.

I read that some mum only use distilled water for their babies.

I read that some mum dun even dare to bring babies out cos too much virus in the air.

I read that some mum dressed up their babies too much during the cold weather until the poor child kena fever instead (over heated).

What are your thoughts?

I was a Kiasee mum when my son first fell sick when he was 9 months old. I brought him to 4 different doc until my hubby scold me. Keke...

As first time mom, we are bound to be super anxious. Care to share your story/thoughts?

mae

hello m2m,

when alexx was a newborn I use distilled water for her milk & use mineral water for her to bathe until 7 months. Then I gradually shifted from distilled to mineral water for her milk until now.

After alexx play i bathe her, i always let alexx wash her hands too.

LoVeS

I am kiasu or rather careful mother but not to the extend of using distilled water or mineral water to make milk or bath my ds~

mae

I am kiasu or rather careful mother but not to the extend of using distilled water or mineral water to make milk or bath my ds~
:tlaugh: you know why loves, because water in Phil. is not really good. Even me my last rinse to myself there is mineral water too...coz i feel itchy if will just use the normal water. I was afraid that Alexx will get amoebiasis or skin will get rash.

stonston

my whole family use distilled water, so naturalli my boi also use distilled water....
i try to get organic foods for him as much as possible....

but i still give him food tt drops on dining table (at home onli la....cos i noe is clean ma)....erm....i'm quite ok with him picking up dirt fm ard him but i cannot stand any food tt got potential harm (supps, high risk foods, etc)....

stonston

my whole family use distilled water, so naturalli my boi also use distilled water....
i try to get organic foods for him as much as possible....

but i still give him food tt drops on dining table (at home onli la....cos i noe is clean ma)....erm....i'm quite ok with him picking up dirt fm ard him but i cannot stand any food tt got potential harm (supps, high risk foods, etc)....

LoVeS

:tlaugh: you know why loves, because water in Phil. is not really good. Even me my last rinse to myself there is mineral water too...coz i feel itchy if will just use the normal water. I was afraid that Alexx will get amoebiasis or skin will get rash.
Oic no wonder lah but SG water should b pretty ok~

mae

yeah SG water is very good...even drink from the faucet...but dh & alexx still drinks mineral water here.

vion

We hv Diamond Energy Water Dispenser at home..... We used it as drinking water n water for washing n rinsing of edible things.....

LoVeS

We hv Diamond Energy Water Dispenser at home..... We used it as drinking water n water for washing n rinsing of edible things.....
Sorry hor me abit mountain turtle but wat is diamond energy water??!

vion

Sorry hor me abit mountain turtle but wat is diamond energy water??!
Loves, no la, maybe juz nv come across ma.:tlaugh: Diamond Energy water dispenser is a filter machine tt provides filtered water tt's supposed to be easier for body to absorb.... U may hv come across some ad on magazine, newspapers or tv.... It saves us the step to boil the water b4 drinking unless wat u wan is hot water la...:tlaugh:

think i most bochap mother... hee hee hee
i just make sure things are clean
I must say, till now with God's grace, everyone is safe and sound :)

Btw, the Diamond Engery water... is the filter ex?

Coobabies

I think I'm worst off. At Singapore where tap water is consumable hence I'll let my boy drink boiled water instead. If letting him have the cleanest water in the world, perhaps he'll likely to fall ill easily whenever he drinks at other places.

The moment a child starts to put things into his mouth, all we can do is to be more careful not to let him get in contact with what we deemed as dangerous items. Anyway this is a way for them to test their immune system & to learn things too.

Just my 2cents thought!

aby

Just sharing..

We drink RO (reverse osmosis) water.. Me and hb for 10 years and kids from day 1.. No boiling required unless we need hot water as it's the purest.. The new water also using the same technology as it's cheapest and faster to purify ant kind of water..

Our body in fact need H2O, the pure water minus all the rest eg, minerals etc etc etc.. This is wat many of us research and agreed.. :tlaugh:

Beside the water, I give my children supplements (once they turn one month old) as I do not cook often ma.. Other than these 2, I'm a usual bo-chap mommy lor..

We don't vist PD when they are sick for only once, my dearest buddy foot the medical bill.. Our family doc is the GPs below our flat..

Cheers!!!! :Dancing_wub:

Last edited:

vion

think i most bochap mother... hee hee hee
i just make sure things are clean
I must say, till now with God's grace, everyone is safe and sound :)

Btw, the Diamond Engery water... is the filter ex?
The machine itself cost abt 1k (if I'm nt wrong), 6 different filters came tog when u 1st bought the machine. Subsequently oni need to change 3 of the filters yearly or once in 3 yrs....subsequent filter can b bought when it's time to change....Can be bought using instalments for credit card holders....

Last edited:

Carol

The most extreme I'll go to is just bringing hand sanitizer out wherever I go . Pack his clothes and even toys out in plastic bags before packing in my bag when going out . And pour hot water as a form of sterilization over the knives and cutting board before cutting veggies and fruits for him .

CynCyn

When DS doesn't wanna drink milk for half a day I already kiasu bring him to PD liao . Then the next day nvr drink also go PD again . Then after afew months the same thing happen again and again immediately wanna bring him to PD but DH always say nvm one that DS don't wanna drink milk cos PD advise b4 tt some babies get sick of milk , no appetite all these normal symptoms . But I kiasu keep wanna bring go PD . Need a PD to reassure me .
I'm a kiasu mummy when it comes to hygiene , cleanliness and Ds' health .