How long have you breastfed?

How long have you breastfed?

• Total voters

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
I breastfed my boy till he is 9 months old. Only latched him on for the first 2 weeks. After that, he is on partial EBM and FM. Had problem latching him on due to short nipple.
it must have took you lots of determination to be able to give him ebm for this long. :) I always admire mums who are able to perserve to give total ebm.... pumping is quite exhausting (to be honest.. i dread it!) haha

For short or inverted nipple, i have seen mums who could latch on successfully with good support and help. Many a times, their nipples either protude out for inverted nipples or grew longer. Babies actually latches on the aerola not the nipple. :)

elaine01

I breastfed my boy till he is 9 months old. Only latched him on for the first 2 weeks. After that, he is on partial EBM and FM. Had problem latching him on due to short nipple.
Pumping frequently actually pulls my nipple out.:Dancing_tongue:

elaine01

it must have took you lots of determination to be able to give him ebm for this long. :) I always admire mums who are able to perserve to give total ebm.... pumping is quite exhausting (to be honest.. i dread it!) haha

For short or inverted nipple, i have seen mums who could latch on successfully with good support and help. Many a times, their nipples either protude out for inverted nipples or grew longer. Babies actually latches on the aerola not the nipple. :)
especially when the amount you get is miserable & demoralizing......:tlaugh:
but for the sake of "face"(show MIL I've plenty of EBM for DS), I die die also stimulate my nipples frequently. even if it means to let him suckle for comfort........

mtml888

the poll doesnt have... still breastfeeding... :red:my son is 14.5mths, still latching on!! tbf, doesnt drink bottle! :eek:

CynCyn

I Bf my DS for 2 weeks only . I gave up after 2 weeks as I developed fever for a week due to engorgement . And it was tiring as I wasn't latching DS on . Gotta expree milk the whole day .
For the 2nd one I will try to be persistent in Bf-ing .

Agnes Josephine

only BF for 1 month... kinda regret of not prolonging the BF... For #2, I sure will be determine to BF till I cannot tahan...:shyxxx::shyxxx:

XiaoXue

I've only BF for 4 mths+ and went back to study, eventually i gave up.. Not enough determination... For #2, I'll BF as long as possible~!!

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
Mummies... i hope u understand that we don't wish to make anyone feel guilty and I believe all of you tried your best :) Sometimes circumstances just doesnt make it easier for bfg to be sustained, but i'm happy to say that with support as well as knowledge, we can all do it!

Let's look forward and not look backwards ok. :)

lulu_booboo

I breastfed boo till she was 10 mths...
she only takes milk directly from breasts, simply refused to drink from bottle... so she went from breast directly to cup.