how many hours of sleep

PTB7476

somehow i noted that recently i will wake up after 5hrs of sleep ...either to piss or drink milk (hunger) and i will have problem going back to sleep thereafter... i need another hour +/- before i can fall asleep again or even though i am asleep but i tend to have alot of dream and i get tired the next day. do you guys have such problem ??

bakaholic

I do not have a good sleep ever since i got preggy. Have to wake up few times a night to pee during 1st trimester and lots of weird dreams.
2nd trimester, lots of weird dreams and waking up and dozign off in-btw. So have to nap in the day to catch up the sleep.
You are fortunate to have 5 hrs of sleep. Mine like 2-3 hrs of deep sleep and then on/off sleep after that. No wonder i am still tired in 2nd trimester.

The disturbed sleeping patterns is prob due the hormones changes.

christine77sg

Mi too! I thot it was only me...w the weird dreams/nightmares. Cos my sis is having her third n she nvr has such problem.

My mum got me a tailsman fr the temple, which i put under my pillowcase. Thn, for sm reasons, nightmares become weird dreams and the frequency also drop. Otherwise in my 1st few wks, I m always scared to fall asleep.

But now, although less dreams, I m still always tired...24 hrs a day...haha. :p I m coming to my 11 wks.

PTB7476

I do not have a good sleep ever since i got preggy. Have to wake up few times a night to pee during 1st trimester and lots of weird dreams.
2nd trimester, lots of weird dreams and waking up and dozign off in-btw. So have to nap in the day to catch up the sleep.
You are fortunate to have 5 hours of sleep. Mine like 2-3 hours of deep sleep and then on/off sleep after that. No wonder i am still tired in 2nd trimester.

The disturbed sleeping patterns is prob due the hormones changes.
i dun have the luxury of catching up sleep in the day :( got to work... can only do it on weekend ....

err... i used to have at least 7hrs of sleep....now with 5hrs...err...:embarrassed: that's a torture... and with lack of sleep i get sick easy and that happened last week..i had fever... and this is the last thing i want ...esp during this period when the Fetus still growing / developing...dont want to intro any medicine into my body though they are pregnancy safe :(

bakaholic

I have to work too but I adjusted my working hours. I start early since i can't sleep well and go home early to catch an hr's nap.
Otherwise, if i knock off at evening time, i still crash in bed for an hr before dinner.
Have to adjust yourself accordingly at this time cos nothing matters most than our bb's well-being.

PTB7476

I have to work too but I adjusted my working hours. I start early since i can't sleep well and go home early to catch an hr's nap.
Otherwise, if i knock off at evening time, i still crash in bed for an hr before dinner.
Have to adjust yourself accordingly at this time cos nothing matters most than our baby's well-being.
woah...your company is good ...so flexible

for me i tried a few options
1) sleep earlier than usual to make up for the loss hours but i still wake up after 5hrs
2) sleep later making myself tired but i still wake up after 5hrs
3) take power nap after dinner ...but that resulted in me unable to sleep until quite late (around 12midnite) but i still wake up after 5hrs at 5am ...
4) listening to music when i'm wake up hopping that it will put me to sleep but it didnt work

was surfing babycentre.sg ...seem like exercise might help ..hopefully that will make it easy to sleep at night but gynae ask me to take it easy for 1st trim ... if i insist on excerise...maybe brisk walk 15-30mins per day .... but 15-30mins seem too short...what can one achieve with just 15-30mins brisk walking :embarrassed: really at a loss now

cocraze

I had sleeping problems in first trimester which I attribute both to work stress and fears about my first pregnancy. I've always had nightmares which I attribute to work issues. I was always tensed up cos I was so scared I would oversleep and be late...

Thankfully, they became less frequent as I went into second trimester as I quit, so didn't have to wake up for work at 5am anymore. Plus I generally felt fitter in 2nd trimester as I read that after 12 weeks generally foetus more stable, less chances of M/C. So I was sleeping a good 7-8 hours every night sometimes with 1-2 hour naps in the afternoon when I felt over tired

3rd trim I couldn't sleep well cos I needed to pee at night and couldn't fall back to sleep easily. Also I was feeling very warm every night and it affected my sleep.

ellyeun

i'm now 5wks, i slpt like nobody biz... in fact i slpt late at night, woke up ard noon... then late afternoon i'll be tired again....

forever hungry but after eating a few mouthful, i feeel v full and bloated...

i wonder when wil all this last till...............

Mummy to Baby V

i'm now 5wks, i slpt like nobody biz... in fact i slpt late at night, woke up around noon... then late afternoon i'll be tired again....

forever hungry but after eating a few mouthful, i feeel very full and bloated...

i wonder when wil all this last till...............
Exactly what happened to me!!! (My boy is now 14 months old.)
Even before I knew about my pregnancy, I was super-sleepy for 1week then super-bloated from the following week. Thought something was wrong and mystery revealed when tested positive for pregnancy.

I was sleepy and bloated for the entire pregnancy, so simply lazed at home, too lethargic to do much except watch TV and read. The hormonal changes were very powerful.

Now, I am concerned that this would repeat for the next pregnancy and it'd be tough to take care of my active boy.

ellyeun

hi Mummy to Baby very
soo how much u put on during yr pregnancy???
hehe honestly knowing people having the same symptom makes me feel better, lest knowing im not the freak who eat and sleep non stop....

im those tt can become fat even if i just drink water...
now 5weeks already bloated like a ball. put on 1.5kg.. );

PTB7476

you ladies are so fortunate can sleep and do nothing but eat and watch tv at home.... :p

for me...i am slowly going back to my usual sleeping pattern... guess alittle bit of excerise aka walking do help :tlaugh:

bbloelim

me too..!! i also got those weird dreams and nightmares, even til now, my 9weeks.
i thought was only me thinking too much during the day..

i'm waking like every 2-3hours to pee, makes me sleeping at work, especially after lunch!
i gained 3kgs lo..then my MIL was like hinting me that i eat too much :(

Mummy to Baby V

hi Mummy to Baby very
soo how much you put on during yr pregnancy???
hehe honestly knowing people having the same symptom makes me feel better, lest knowing im not the freak who eat and sleep non stop....

im those that can become fat even if i just drink water...
now 5weeks already bloated like a ball. put on 1.5kg.. );
Oops... My story was half-way: I was sleepy, bloated AND puked day & night for weeks. The gassiness & vomiting made me felt very terrible and I was grouchy for a while.

I put on 10kg through the pregnancy, the ideal set by my ob-gyn. She encouraged me to exercise to be strong for the delivery, but the most I did was walking after meals and Pilates every night. Too tired...

Happened to relocate to KL during pregnancy, so stopped working then. If energetic enough, it is actually good to work a bit to keep up the social life and keep mind active.

Watching TV is not best for foetus mental development, so I listened to classical music, nursery rhymes and read to baby daily too. Feel free to read my blog and keep in touch, cos I'm planning for #2 in Yr 2011. :)

Take care! :)

mrsmahadi

Oops... My story was half-way: I was sleepy, bloated AND puked day & night for weeks. The gassiness & vomiting made me felt very terrible and I was grouchy for a while.

I put on 10kg through the pregnancy, the ideal set by my ob-gyn. She encouraged me to exercise to be strong for the delivery, but the most I did was walking after meals and Pilates every night. Too tired...

Happened to relocate to KL during pregnancy, so stopped working then. If energetic enough, it is actually good to work a bit to keep up the social life and keep mind active.

Watching TV is not best for foetus mental development, so I listened to classical music, nursery rhymes and read to baby daily too. Feel free to read my blog and keep in touch, cos I'm planning for #2 in Yr 2011. :)

Take care! :)

First and foremost good luck with your planning! :tlaugh:
I am currently experiencing the same thing..gassiness and frequent vomitting =(.
This made me lose 5kg. which is not good for the baby..so now after eating I try to sleep so that I dun feel the urge to vomit. I can't do this at work so I dun eat so much there.

Oh dear TV not good for baby..??:elvis: Currently the tv is my best fren =P
should find other activities to do then...

Mummy to Baby V

I am currently experiencing the same thing..gassiness and frequent vomitting =(.
This made me lose 5kg. which is not good for the baby..so now after eating I try to sleep so that I dont feel the urge to vomit. I can't do this at work so I dont eat so much there.

Oh dear TV not good for baby..??:elvis: Currently the tv is my best friend =P
Wow, losing 5kg is a lot! I lost 2kg in the beginning but I was already petite to start off with. I read that while mums are puking, babies could still grow well using our reserves.

To keep the food down, I ate small meals frequently, never let myself be hungry by having crackers near me all the time (hunger induces puking), and kept solid vs liquid food 30 minutes apart.

I think my boy would be watching TV only after 3 years old. I don't even watch TV with him around now. Hope this makes up for the TV 'overdose' during pregnancy. Ha!

cocraze

This made me lose 5kg. which is not good for the baby..so now after eating I try to sleep so that I dont feel the urge to vomit. I can't do this at work so I dont eat so much there.

Oh dear TV not good for baby..??:elvis: Currently the tv is my best friend =P
Hi mrsmahadi,
I understand that its tiring when you experience gassiness and vomitting, but I wonder if sleeping after eating is a good way to counter it? Have you tried going for a leisurely walk, or just sit down in a comfortable chair and close your eyes to relax? instead of sleeping? Im assuming by 'sleeping', you are in horizontal position, which I wonder whether it impedes the food digestion process.

hehehe, I watched TV whole day long during my second and third trimesters cos I wasnt working. I would sometimes even record the shows on SCV hubstation so that I have enough shows to watch throughout the day. But I generally rest at night cos Im so tired by then. Other things I do include reading, walking (browse shopping centre, slowly walk out get lunch, buy some light groceries), surfing net. :)