[[ How many is too much?? ]]

maichiang

Hello mummies,am a proud momma of a 3 mnth old boy...i'm currently taking fenugreek capsules to boost mi milk supply..a few days back it used to be quite full..bt since the day before,it isnt as full as before..

i feel very insecure when mi breasts dun feel full..bt very 'proud' when mi breasts feel full..its like sum kind of achievement! ahaha!

therefore am thinking of increasing the dose..currently taking 2 pills 3 times a day..is it okay if i take 3 pills 3 times a day?
previously i took greenlife,620mg vcaps..now is nature way's,610mg..and i dont have fixed timing for taking the pills..i take it when i remember to..

may i know if any mommies took supplements throughout their bf period? what did you used? How often? And till when did you bf or are still bfing? i am hoping to do so till i am pregnant wid another 1,which means roughly another 2 years??

diymummy

Last time I took GNC Fenugreek 610mg 3 tabs 3 times a day then I cut down to 2 tabs 3 times a day when my son started to sleep thru the night at abt 3-4 mths.

maichiang

how long did you use the supplement n bf? shall start taking 3 pills 3 times a day..thou' i am afraid tt during growth spurt he might not need to suckle much if mi milk is boost by the capsules..n thus mi milk supply will not increase..

diymummy

From my experience I feel that fenugreek is taken to sustain your supply instead of increase it. Only by increasing the demand will your supply increase. During growth spurt, your child will demand for milk more frequently and hence your body will react to that by producing more milk.

Since your child is already 3 mths, the next growth spurt will be around 6 mths and then 9 mths according to kellymom website.

Apart from supplements you should also make sure you're well hydrated and eating a healthy and balanced diet. Dehydration does cause milk supply to drop as well.

I only took the fenugreek supplements when my son was 2 weeks old till he was 4.5 mths. I breastfed my baby till he was 7 mths and I stopped after that due to work.

i nv take any supplement during bfing.. just make sure drink more water and eat more fish..
and feed regularly.. and when the baby ask for more the milk supply will just come more..
i bf my son until 10 mth..

maichiang

i nv take any supplement during bfing.. just make sure drink more water and eat more fish..
and feed regularly.. and when the baby ask for more the milk supply will just come more..
i bf my son until 10 mth..
gd tt you didnt have to take supplements..i cant help feeling so insecure when mi breasts feel soft,i rather have engorged n leaking breasts

gd tt you didnt have to take supplements..i cant help feeling so insecure when mi breasts feel soft,i rather have engorged n leaking breasts
if can try to cook some soup.. with papaya.. i heard ppl say it useful.. but the ingredient i not very sure.. maybe u can c anyone here know..

maichiang

From my experience I feel that fenugreek is taken to sustain your supply instead of increase it. Only by increasing the demand will your supply increase. During growth spurt, your child will demand for milk more frequently and hence your body will react to that by producing more milk.

Since your child is already 3 mths, the next growth spurt will be around 6 mths and then 9 mths according to kellymom website.

Apart from supplements you should also make sure you're well hydrated and eating a healthy and balanced diet. Dehydration does cause milk supply to drop as well.

I only took the fenugreek supplements when my son was 2 weeks old till he was 4.5 mths. I breastfed my baby till he was 7 mths and I stopped after that due to work.
huh? its onli to sustain? aiyoh! i tot i kept reading tt it help to increase as well? hmmm..thks anws=D

maichiang

if can try to cook some soup.. with papaya.. i heard ppl say it useful.. but the ingredient i not very sure.. maybe u can c anyone here know..
i do take soups cooked together wid fenugreek seeds n other herbs like anise seeds n etc..you mean chicken wid papaya also can? as long as i add in the green papaya?

Mummy to Baby V

I only drank milkmaid tea for first few weeks. After that, only multivit supplements, good hydration, healthy diet (I'm vegetarian too), and lots of latching on demand (stay-home mum). After the supply was stable (from 3 months old growth spurt), the milk would be produced as baby suckles. I didn't need to store excess milk, so was happy with the just-nice supply. Baby gained weight well and has been healthy, that's most important. :)
Btw, breastfed till 18 months old until planning for pregnancy. Definitely breastfeeding again. Jia you! :)

maichiang

I only drank milkmaid tea for first few weeks. After that, only multivit supplements, good hydration, healthy diet (I'm vegetarian too), and lots of latching on demand (stay-home mum). After the supply was stable (from 3 months old growth spurt), the milk would be produced as baby suckles. I didn't need to store excess milk, so was happy with the just-nice supply. Baby gained weight well and has been healthy, that's most important. :)
Btw, breastfed till 18 months old until planning for pregnancy. Definitely breastfeeding again. Jia you! :)
oh lala! tts nice! i am a stay at home mom too,dun reali nie excess but of cz would luv if i had more den enuff..mi boi has gained quite a huge amt of weight..tink he's roughly ard 7kg nw..he was born 3.5kg..he's always suckling..n towards the end of the night,mi breasts become reali soft(tts why i feel so demoralised!)

i've tried sacred tea(dun like taste n ex)..many other herbal-ly made n cooked food..n now fenugreek capsules cz its easy to pop into mouth..and being kaisu bought 4 bottles in 1 go..i hope i can bf till mi nx pregnancy too! jia you to bf mommies!

btw anyone knows wads the max number of fenugreek capsules tt one can take? does it affect the component of bf milk if we take too many? does it make bf milk smell/taste diff? ehehe..thks

Mummy to Baby V

i not very sure abt the soup.. or u can try those milk for breastfeeding mum
Erm... Personally I think the formula milk for breastfeeding mum is a marketing gimmick, to tap into the lost market share by mums who choose to breastfeed. Breastfeeding mums need to learn how to eat nutritionally to produce good quality breastmilk. Then drink sufficient fluids and lots of stimulation to produce the needed quantity.

maichiang

Erm... Personally I think the formula milk for breastfeeding mum is a marketing gimmick, to tap into the lost market share by mums who choose to breastfeed. Breastfeeding mums need to learn how to eat nutritionally to produce good quality breastmilk. Then drink sufficient fluids and lots of stimulation to produce the needed quantity.
mi too! i 'force' mi bb to suckle as often as possible..