How many KG and how much milk all mummies have been feeding?

yvonne_ktw

Hi All,
Can share how much milk and weight of your BB on per mth basis? I'm not sure if i've underfeed.

Mine:
Born: 2.69kg drink abt 40ml
1mth: 4.09kg drink abt 90ml
2mth: 5kg drink abt 125ml to 180ml till now (2mth plus liao)

Ottermum

my boy's 3 mth plus he weighs 6.5kg n i feed him 120ml every 3,4 hrs...

gonna start increasing his feed to 150ml now...

not sure whether he's normal but just went for check up PD didn't say anything about his weight so i guess it's ok...

yvonne_ktw

yup its seems pretty normal. How far apart are the feeds?
Born and 1st mth is 3hr then after nanny went off from 1st mth to 2nd i pull to 4hr till now. sometimes will be earlier like 3.5hr. At night sleeping there is a time which is 6hr. Oni 1time nia... haiz.. cannot sleep more for me. hehe

yvonne_ktw

my boy's 3 mth plus he weighs 6.5kg n i feed him 120ml every 3,4 hrs...

gonna start increasing his feed to 150ml now...

not sure whether he's normal but just went for check up PD didn't say anything about his weight so i guess it's ok...
Ohh.. thanks for sharing. =)

yvonne_ktw

Now i have a problem sia.. my boi at night can sleep up to 8hrs long but when he wake up for milk aft this 8hr he oni finish 100ml of milk nia. Now he can drink up to 200ml for day time.
Then, aft this 8hr feed, the next feed he also finish oni abt 100ml to 120ml nia. Then another feed also 100ml-120(but sometime this can finish all 200ml) until the night time feed up to 200ml or 210ml.

How sia, i scare he everyday 2 to 3tims oni take 100ml nia wait cannot grow wor...

Domique

Yours should be ok bar...
Mine just 2 mths drinking only the most 110ml and sometimes depends on his mood, only 70ml....

how to make bb drink more? My bb when enough cannot force ley... will get angry when i force him drink more!

:(

Now i have a problem sia.. my boi at night can sleep up to 8hrs long but when he wake up for milk aft this 8hr he oni finish 100ml of milk nia. Now he can drink up to 200ml for day time.
Then, aft this 8hr feed, the next feed he also finish oni abt 100ml to 120ml nia. Then another feed also 100ml-120(but sometime this can finish all 200ml) until the night time feed up to 200ml or 210ml.

How sia, i scare he everyday 2 to 3tims oni take 100ml nia wait cannot grow wor...

jasline26

ehhs, if bb haven 1 mth drink 120ml is it normal?
my son now haven 1 month drink 120ml milk but he drink finish haven 3 hr he start to hungry again . anyone know is it because he is boy so very easy hungry or ?

Domique

Hi Jaslin,

My bb was like yours then... Maybe its due to growing spurts... they will slow down later.. Mine was putting on weight too fast during the first few weeks after birth......

Try to delay feeding so the interval will be longer. If feed too much will be bloated bb also sin ku.

:)

my son now haven 1 month drink 120ml milk but he drink finish haven 3 hr he start to hungry again . anyone know is it because he is boy so very easy hungry or ?

yvonne_ktw

Actually new born BB does not know what is full very first place. You gave them how much they will drink. Doctor says.
At first they will be like this but when they get bigger will slow down. Mine is like that now. Mine, last time haven 1mth haven 3hr he cried i will give water instead of milk. If your boi drinking fomula, better to give water if not his lips will get dry easily and pass motion quite diffcult.(base on what i've encounted) But doctor will advise no need water for BB one.

jasline26

Hi Jaslin,

My bb was like yours then... Maybe its due to growing spurts... they will slow down later.. Mine was putting on weight too fast during the first few weeks after birth......

Try to delay feeding so the interval will be longer. If feed too much will be bloated bb also sin ku.

:)

Thanks alot for the info =) can stop worring ! :tlaugh:

jasline26

Actually new born BB does not know what is full very first place. You gave them how much they will drink. Doctor says.
At first they will be like this but when they get bigger will slow down. Mine is like that now. Mine, last time haven 1mth haven 3hr he cried i will give water instead of milk. If your boi drinking fomula, better to give water if not his lips will get dry easily and pass motion quite diffcult.(base on what i've encounted) But doctor will advise no need water for BB one.
ohhs.hmm..yr bb will drink it ? for mine i give him plain water then when he drinks ,he knows its not milk he will start to cry until i give him milk to drink then he wont cry ! other then crying ,he dont drink & he will play with the water faint! LOLS! :eek:11:

yvonne_ktw

ohhs.hmm..yr bb will drink it ? for mine i give him plain water then when he drinks ,he knows its not milk he will start to cry until i give him milk to drink then he wont cry ! other then crying ,he dont drink & he will play with the water faint! LOLS! :eek:11:
Cause he is new to plain water. After some times of trying he can adapt liao. If you don't mind. Put alittle very little bit of gripe water. Cause got taste they will tend to drink it.

pinkie

the formula is actually to take baby's weight in pounds x 2.5 to get total amount per day.

so my baby is 5kg, that is 5kg x 2.2 = 11pounds
so 11 pounds x 2.5 = 27.5 ounces per day
Each day my baby drinks 8 times (every 3 hours) so that would mean each feed should be around 27.5/8 = 3.5 oz per feed.

But of course each baby is different and this should just be a guide.

BbpHir3

the formula is actually to take baby's weight in pounds x 2.5 to get total amount per day.

so my baby is 5kg, that is 5kg x 2.2 = 11pounds
so 11 pounds x 2.5 = 27.5 ounces per day
Each day my baby drinks 8 times (every 3 hours) so that would mean each feed should be around 27.5/8 = 3.5 oz per feed.

But of course each baby is different and this should just be a guide.
quite accurate worz... my gal's bout 6+kg.. let's sae she 7..
7kg x 2.2 = 15.4
15.4 x 2.5 = 38.5
DD drinks 7 times.. means 6am, 9am, 12nn, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm, 12pm.. sometimes later though..
so 38.5/ 7 = 5.5oz per feed.. that's wat DD drink now...

but horz.. when they start semi solid food le, how to calculate? DD goin 4mths.. we're thinkin of adding frisocrem into her diet.. oso.. which better? rice based? wheat based?

CanCanMum

but horz.. when they start semi solid food le, how to calculate? DD goin 4mths.. we're thinkin of adding frisocrem into her diet.. oso.. which better? rice based? wheat based?
when they start solid foods initially it will replace one meal, and then two.

For example, u may want to replace the 9am with solid food, den slowly increase to 9am and 3pm slot. Initially not a lot becoz some babies reject solid foods, so i intro as a snack - play play kind. I did not replace the lunch feed with solids until my boy was about 9months - 1 year old - means proper porridge+vege+fish. After that will be one full meal during lunch only, rest either milk or cereal during snack times. By then about only 5 meals a day - Breakfast, late morn snack, Lunch, afternoon snack, dinner.

I gave my boy Friso Crem both flavours, but he likes the rice-based one more. Heard from old pple rice-based are beta becoz its less heaty, and oso becoz its main ingredient is rice starch.

CDL

My PD advised me that to calculate how much a baby should be feeding a day, you do a simple calculation -

weight of baby x 5 ounces = daily intact of milk (to convert to cc/ml, multiply by 30)

eg - 5kg baby x 5 = 25 ounces a day or 750 cc/ml a day.

Also better not to compare how heavy babies are at particular stages. PD can assess whether baby is developing well or not. For instance, my baby was born at 36 weeks and she was 2.02kg at birth (3rd percentile).

She is now 4 mths and weighs 5 kg (10th percentile). Though she is small for her age, by the PD's assessement (babies should double their birth weight at 4-5 mths), she has thrived and has moved from the 3rd percentile. She is healthy and progressively getting to her ideal weight and size.