How many of you here take your grandparents into consideration when TTC?

jal

I do. Maybe it is because I belong more to the traditional school. I want my grandparents to be able to see their little ones when they are still alive because I think it is very sad if a child grows up not knowing who or how his grandparent looks like.

I think this problem is a consequence of modern life. As more & more women pursue their studies & career, as more & more married couples want financial independence & hence they do not want kids (as they are seen as 'money-eaters'), & as more & more couples put off marriages to a later age, & as more & more people choose to remain single, the day will come when all children know is their parents. Grandparent will become a concept as alien to them as Greek.

My paternal GF is already 86 this year & my maternal GM is 75. Who knows how long they can live up to? So I really hope I can let my GP, before it is too late, see my children; their great-grand children! :)

stonston

Me & hb plan to hv children ASAP once we got married cos we wanted my grandma to be able to see our children. But sadly my grandma passed away 1.5 month after my hb proposed to me. I tink she left in peace knowing tt got man wanna marry me cos she always tell my relatives i'm so 'qia', dunno will got man interested in me or not :p

jal

'Qia'? Hahaha... For me, my paternal GM & maternal GF passed away even before I had my first BF, who is my current hubby. So in a sense, I feel obliged to let their other half see my grandchild.

You know what? When I saw what you wrote above, "Me & husband plan to have children ASAP once we got married", I can't help but regret not wanting to have kids as soon as I got married... I kept on letting my dissatisfation with my job obstruct me. I can't help but wonder if all the shit had not happened, maybe by now, I would have ben a happy mother of a 1 year old child??? The job obstruction lasted for almost 2 years... So now, since I know time is no longer on my side, I dun care about whether I have a job or not. I am going ahead with my baby-making plan.

Any other ladies would like to share their TTC experience in relation to their grandparents?

Ashbaby

My grandma is already a great grandma 3 yrs ago as my cousin got married early.

She is very happy whenever she see my neice and nephew. Im now 9.5 weeks preggy, I hope she can wait for my BB to come out too. Her health has been quite bad lately.....

jal

My grandma is already a great grandma 3 yrs ago as my cousin got married early.

She is very happy whenever she see my neice and nephew. Im now 9.5 weeks preggy, I hope she can wait for my baby to come out too. Her health has been quite bad lately.....
Oh, I also hope your grandma can see your baby!!! My grandfather is now a great grandfather to one 5 month old baby boy & one 2 year old gal. A third one is now on the way, though I am not the one carrying it. I hope I can be the next one to give him his 4th great grandchild.