how much for wedding hong baos?

CanCanMum

:wong10:you very cute one .. actually dont need to wait for invitatation. you know void deck weddings are open right? just walk right into one lahh on a sunday and pretend your a friend of the groom's sister's brother in law's cousin. eat to your heart's content then give a nice hong bao. but you need a very thick skin one lehh:001_302:
wahahhaha~~~~`

CORRECT

tat time hubbie and I were saying

Chinese buffet (wedding cannot laa, sure let cat outta bag) = JUZ say u r friend of MR TAN, there is sure a MR TAN among the crowd lols

Malay wedding = Juz say u r friend of MOHAMMAD

Indian wedding = Juz say u r friend of SALEEM~~~

Ang Mohhh wedding = Dunno.......LOLssss

Last edited:

apollo

wahahhaha~~~~`

CORRECT

that time hubbie and I were saying

Chinese buffet (wedding cannot laa, sure let cat outta bag) = just say you are friend of MR TAN, there is sure a MR TAN among the crowd lols

Malay wedding = just say you are friend of MOHAMMAD

Indian wedding = just say you are friend of SALEEM~~~

Ang Mohhh wedding = dont know.......LOLssss

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didnt know can lik tt worr... :tlaugh:

diymummy

wahahhaha~~~~`

CORRECT

that time hubbie and I were saying

Chinese buffet (wedding cannot laa, sure let cat outta bag) = just say you are friend of MR TAN, there is sure a MR TAN among the crowd lols

Malay wedding = just say you are friend of MOHAMMAD

Indian wedding = just say you are friend of SALEEM~~~

Ang Mohhh wedding = dont know.......LOLssss
Haha!! Ang Moh wedding say you are a friend of SMITH!

WAHAHA!

Mama Ina

Hi..

Just wana check wit anyone here.. For chinese wedding dinner, only have to give hongbao izit? If we plan to buy a gift, do we still have to give $$$???

diymummy

Hi Mama_Ina,

Feel that Hongbao is best.. To help defray cost of the dinner. :p

I received gifts during my wedding too. Those who gave gifts didn't give me a red packet. I was thankful for the gifts coz they look nice and I know they're expensive (some Precious Moments figurine) but at that point of time, I really wished they gave me a red packet instead of a gift. Coz I've to settle the bill right after the banquet!! Hehe!

CanCanMum

Hi..

Just want to check wit anyone here.. For chinese wedding dinner, only have to give hongbao izit? If we plan to buy a gift, do we still have to give $$$???
for chinese most pple prefers AnG BAO~~~so its best to give ang bao, coz they use the $$ to pay for the cost of holding the dinner, immediately after that night.

CanCanMum

Hi Mama_Ina,

Feel that Hongbao is best.. To help defray cost of the dinner. :p

I received gifts during my wedding too. Those who gave gifts didn't give me a red packet. I was thankful for the gifts coz they look nice and I know they're expensive (some Precious Moments figurine) but at that point of time, I really wished they gave me a red packet instead of a gift. Coz I've to settle the bill right after the banquet!! Hehe!
yup, correct. tats wad i meant :001_302:

apollo

if want to give gift instead of angbao, can BUT pls ask the couple what they need.. esp if they hav a new hm now, u can ask if they need anything lik oven, kettle, iron, tv etc... cos for me, if ppl wanna buy me gifts that i DONT need at all, i rather they give me a small angbao, give me 20bucks also better than they buy me the things i dont need... haha...

iwan2noe

Hi..

Just want to check wit anyone here.. For chinese wedding dinner, only have to give hongbao izit? If we plan to buy a gift, do we still have to give $$$???
I think i agree with the other mummies, ang boa is the best unless u are very good fren of the couple, u can give them a gift n top of a red packet.
but a red packet is definitely most helpful :)

Oppsgal

:wong10:you very cute one .. actually dont need to wait for invitatation. you know void deck weddings are open right? just walk right into one lahh on a sunday and pretend your a friend of the groom's sister's brother in law's cousin. eat to your heart's content then give a nice hong bao. but you need a very thick skin one lehh:001_302:
Anyone try before, please give feedback and how is the whole process done. :tlaugh: