How much is your baby expenses monthly?

stonston

For my 4yo boy (insurance, classes, maid, etc etc): $3k
Now with #2 coming along, will expect it to increase to $3.5k before #2 attends preschool & most likely $5k once #2 attends preschool.

shiyi

my 16mths old girl:

230 for classes
80 for milk powder
70 for insurance
26 for baby wipes, diapers
100 extra allowance for maid.

still got wat else huh

Spreema

Wondering if anyone can share how much expenses are needed to take care of a newborn for the following options?

(1) Nanny
(2) Infant Care
(3) Maid
(4) Parents

I'm a MTB and expecting #1 so am looking at pros and cons vs expenses. TIA!

keefu

i think if you wanna cut down costs you can ask your parents or your parent in law to help you look after the baby. Cus they usu wont expect much. LOL. I got a cousin also make use of her own mother in law to take care of the baby even though she hates her mother in law but she wanna cut down cost so no choice haha. Somemore she is living in her parent in law place so no money and space to let her new maid sleep too.
I think make use is quite a bad thing to say... Even though there might be some conflicts here and there with mil, don't forget that no matter how, they shower the most unconditional love to our child even if they don't handle professionally like nanny or maids. At least they never had the intention to hurt their grandchild should they are unhappy with their dils.

Carlisle

Wondering if anyone can share how much expenses are needed to take care of a newborn for the following options?

(1) Nanny
(2) Infant Care
(3) Maid
(4) Parents

I'm a MTB and expecting #1 so am looking at pros and cons vs expenses. TIA!
Wow! congrats on that! I bet you're so excited about it. I can't wait to have one. I hope soon. :D

Gem2505

my bb girl is 4 month now.

milk powder: $40 per tin. 1 month around $120-$160
diapers:$36 or lesser.
insurance: $100
infant care :$270 ( if use baby bonus card, i pay $135 cash then )
misc : clothes, toys, etc etc, baby girl, alot things to buy, maybe $100?

less than $500 on my case. =)

Gem2505

mine is learning vision.
hmm.. staff rate. thats why. ^_^
i reg with them when i was 2months preg. super kiasu.
i only managed to secure a space last month.
gonna start on 1 sept. =)

my bb girl is 4 month now.

milk powder: $40 per tin. 1 month around $120-$160
diapers:$36 or lesser.
insurance: $100
infant care :$270 ( if use baby bonus card, i pay $135 cash then )
misc : clothes, toys, etc etc, baby girl, alot things to buy, maybe $100?

less than $500 on my case. =)
Got less than $500 meh?

Gem2505

Got less than $500 meh?
hmm.. about that bah. my girl gonna start her infant care in sept.
now she drinking step 1, so milk powder a lil more ex. slowly the milk powder $ will go down coz step 2,3,4
are so much cheaper.. $10 diff for 1 tin comparing to current one.

i spent ard $500 like that only.

if i really breakdown until v detailed...
current milk powder usage is 11-12days- 1 tin. so 1 month ard 3 tins? i bot from an online mummy who does supplying for friso milk powder, she charging $37 per tin. so 1 mth usage is $111.
diapers: 1 day about 6pcs, 1pkt diaper, 84pcs- $17.50, 1 pc cost $0.21. 1 mth usage $38.
insurance standard de. $100
infant care ( when starting in sept'11 ) : cash payment is $135 nett for 1 month.
misc : difficult to guess. if bb sick, suddenly see nice nice dress all that. cant resist.

so on confirmed spending, its around $384. misc really dunno how much le.
vaccination etc.. all use baby bonus card.

clothes wise, i bot quite alot b4 my delivery which can last till 9mths. + my girl is small size bb, car wear quite long on the clothes. alot of pass down from my friends n cousin. my niece is 9mths old, so the timing for pass down just nice. ha!

1-4months old
Milk powder $46x5 tins a mth. $230
Pampers $25x3 $75

4-6 months add in cereal , fruits , biscuits maybe about $30?

Insurance $170.

Beginning cheaper ley. When she 6 months old I change to similac $78.50 now $81 for 2 weeks.
1 month $160 on milk. 1 week fish $20. Vegetables all. Cereal. She tend to eat alot la. So cereal 2 types, 1 week 1 pkt each.

Plus vacine $100 per jab? Aiyo I think grow older more expensive! Pampers lesser oso. Size m manny poko pants 34 pieces only! And cost $15.20! Lol

simon73

1) Wife not working so already minus income - 4k
3) Cook food - 200
4) Diaper - 50
5) Infact care - 600

Total cost 5k

hira

1) Milk Powder -4 tins/month ($130)/mth
2) Diapers - $20
3) Wipes - $10
4) Cereal - $10
5) Education Fund - $100
5) Misc Expense - $50(max)

Total = $270/mth

Injection just took the normal package lah. They always say take this package. Its recommended bla bla bla. Last time we also had normal jabs but we still alive and healthy mah so just decided to go with the normal package.

I'm not working so taking care of my child full-time. For those who spend on maid its like waste of money leh. Rather give the child to mother-in-law to take care. I know some of us really hate the in-laws but what to do...save money mah!

As for insurance...dint take so hi-fi one. Only took the Medishield premium which is $33/year i think!

Go shopping...sometimes can't resist nice clothes...bedding sets. So just buy them. And buy some washing powders every month which costs around $7 I think.

Last edited: