How much is your baby expenses monthly?

1. Milk Powder $34/tin (I try to buy when there is a bundle promo, I month abt 4 tins) $136
2. Cereal/ Snacks -$10 3. Diapers $32
4. Insurance- $200X2 (Education fund) $110 (Whole Life) + medishield $550
5. Miscellaenous items (toys etc ) $80

Total : $798

Sending her to school in dec : $abt $400/mth

1. Milk Powder $34/tin (I try to buy when there is a bundle promo, I month abt 4 tins) $136
2. Cereal/ Snacks -$10 3. Diapers $32
4. Insurance- $200X2 (Education fund) $110 (Whole Life) + medishield $550
5. Miscellaenous items (toys etc ) $80

Total : $798

Sending her to school in dec : $abt $400/mth

wow kaykay, your baby expenses so high.. but im sure your baby is very well insured. =))

hi Mandy,

I kaisu ma, cos i'm not young, so i wanna make sure she has the funds to go tu University! Nowadays very ex!!And she's only 21mths! inflation inflation!

No need to buy so much la, it really depends on the parents kiasu-ism.

I already save on the part of the caregiver $$$ cos my mom takes care of my gal and i only give her the same amount i've given all these years.

hira

Well, its all just about how we manage our expenses carefully. Ya I agree if your salary is high, then can hire a maid. But if no choice then have to ask in laws to take care whether we like it or not :D I think the cost of Infant Care goes up more when people hire a maid or nanny to look after the child.

Wah ur monthly expenses quite low leh.. hehe

Hire maid is a waste of money lah.. but then depends on your situation also. Some people cannot do without a maid whereas some people salary is high enough to afford a maid. Yup agree that best is to ask family members to look after the baby. My cousin hated her mil but no choice, becus of saving money so still let her take care. Haha

ast0212

For my 15 month old

Milk = free
Childcare = free
Private Health insurance = not sure as it's combined with ours as family. If it's 1/3 then it's $80
Nappies (sposies) = $10
Preloved clothes every couple of months = $30
Food= no idea. No special/different food for bub.

Total approx $100/month

ast0212

Yeah...but I think the expenses are more or less the same when it comes to wipes, nappies, childcare and formula. Just that I'm a breastfeeding SAHM so it's free for milk and childcare and we mostly use cloth nappies :) Insurance is different, that's about it.

blairmorgan

Its almost $2k for my baby and we are trying to cut some expenses to save. With a new baby, there are a lot of ways you can reduce expenses. You can breast feed to save on formula, and also you can keep away from disposable baby diapers with cloth diapers. Even if you do save cash in those ways, you will still need a quick cash advance to help cover all the other costs. You cannot save much when getting a crib, car seat and stroller. Find out more at: "Babies more expensive than you know"

lyra

we buy mostly second hand items for baby, like the sarong cradle, play gym, some toys r bought cheaply they r very lightly used too. bb only use such items for few months so its not worth it to spend a lot buying new things. clothes r mostly passed down from friends n neighbours w grown up kids. i breastfeed by latching on n co sleep w baby so theres no need for pumps and cribs.
average spent on bb is very little per month. most expenditure is on diapers n bb care items like soaps, creams, etc