How much milk does your 6 months old baby drink

Ashbaby

DS usually drink 180ml of milk, yesterday he cried after finishing his milk so I make another 30ml for him. Tt make a total of 210ml of milk. Is he drinking too much?

apollo

dear son usually drink 180ml of milk, yesterday he cried after finishing his milk so I make another 30ml for him. that make a total of 210ml of milk. Is he drinking too much?
maybe he is having growth spurt? cos i rmb 6mth old will have another growth spurt..

iirc, ds was having ard 180-210ml when he was 6mth old.. shd be 180ml.. but if he wants more, i will give him. as long as he dun puke aft tt =)

JPng

hi,

initially, i thought my gal was not full after her feed. (btw, she is 2 mths old) n we gave her more. however, when i visit the paediatrician n told him this, he say tat probably she is not sucking enough. tat's y she's feeling frustrated although she's full. n he told us to observe if there is any "leak" of milk from the side of her mouth during feeding, if yes, we are overfeeding her. hence, can give her pacifier for her to suck if she cries.

he also mention tat this is true esp for bottle-feeding. in breastfeeding case, baby automatically "remove" when they are satisfied.

above is what i hear fr paediatrician. :)

Verona's

Hmm mine is drinking 150ml every 2-3 hrly , i am trying to give her more , but she seem fine .. her weight got increase :) But she is only 7 kg ...

allycat

Same here. Quan is drinking 150ml every 2-3 hours when I'm working. When I latch him directly, its up to him as he will detach when he wants to switch side or if full.

qoooj

My girl who is turning 6 months in a week is drinking 120ml in d day, every 4 hourly. However she drinks 180ml on the last feed b4 bedtime and usually suckle for 5-10min b4 dozing off...

sunburst

The PD tt my boys see says tt as a guide, 150ml per kg. For example, bb is 7kg... Bb should drink 150ml * 7kg = 1050ml in 24hrs. But if bb wants to drink more it's ok, as long as they don't throw up. Once in a while if they drink much lesser also should not be cause for worry, unless bb seems less active & alert.

NIisme

my darling Vyanne drink 180ml every 2.5 - 3 hourly.
at night before she sleep she will ask for more, so i sometimes will make extra 60 - 90ml more for her, depend on her mood =)

ling.er

My son now 5 mth i give him 180ML . i feeg him every 4-5 hour ... Some time he will only drink 150ML ..

tayenee

The pediatrician that my boys see says that as a guide, 150ml per kg. For example, baby is 7kg... baby should drink 150ml * 7kg = 1050ml in 24hrs. But if baby wants to drink more it's ok, as long as they dont't throw up. Once in a while if they drink much lesser also should not be cause for worry, unless baby seems less active & alert.
Jus curious abt this guide. For bb who sleep thru d night n on solids, does this guide still applies?

smallsmallhand

hi ladies, when you all said 150ml or 180ml, do you mean after or before adding powder? the powder tin instructions said 180ml water and then add powder, but when do so, it will be almost 200ml. so what we do is to add hot water first, then mix in the powder and then add cool water to 180ml. which way is correct?

christie06

my darling Vyanne drink 180ml every 2.5 - 3 hourly.
at night before she sleep she will ask for more, so i sometimes will make extra 60 - 90ml more for her, depend on her mood =)
hi, i'm curious how does she drink the milk... i mean can she finish it straight in 1 drinking? I'm trying to increase the intake of my gal from 110 to 150 but she can finish the 110 in one drinking then i'll feed the remaining after an hour. Thanks

fionliu

hi ladies, when you all said 150ml or 180ml, do you mean after or before adding powder? the powder tin instructions said 180ml water and then add powder, but when do so, it will be almost 200ml. so what we do is to add hot water first, then mix in the powder and then add cool water to 180ml. which way is correct?
my girl is drinking 210ml at every 4 hrs , she is now 5.5mth and i think u are doing the rite way, i doing this way too.

eurostar

The PD tt my boys see says tt as a guide, 150ml per kg. For example, bb is 7kg... Bb should drink 150ml * 7kg = 1050ml in 24hrs. But if bb wants to drink more it's ok, as long as they don't throw up. Once in a while if they drink much lesser also should not be cause for worry, unless bb seems less active & alert.
okie I will try this formula..4kg mean 600ml within 24 hr
3hr 1x mean 80ml per feed :)

hi, i'm curious how does she drink the milk... i mean can she finish it straight in 1 drinking? I'm trying to increase the intake of my gal from 110 to 150 but she can finish the 110 in one drinking then i'll feed the remaining after an hour. Thanks
my gal 4mths ++ can straight finish whole bottle of 180ml in one time.. If ur gal can take 110ml only so far, I suggest u prepare 120ml in one bottle 1st.

is not good if u prepare 150ml yet she only drink 110ml, then the rest u feed her again after an hour.. the bacteria will grow vy fast after she drink (due to got her saliva).. I prepare 180ml, sometime my gal get choked after drink 80ml then don wan to drink anymore, the rest of 100ml I will just throw away.. wasted but no choice... ><