How often can we give baby egg yolk? Everday?

diymummy

Hmmm... for my boy he got rashes... And after the chicken, he got a cough... The cough I'm not sure is from the allergy or from the infant care actually. Haha. But the PD said to stop the chicken.

Think most obvious signs are rashes.

autumn82

Hmmm... for my boy he got rashes... And after the chicken, he got a cough... The cough I'm not sure is from the allergy or from the infant care actually. Haha. But the pediatrician said to stop the chicken.

Think most obvious signs are rashes.
Rashes and any swollen parts.. I recall seeing a little boy w swollen lips (stephen chow's movie, the sausage lips type!!) at KKH A&E. He ate something which he was allergic to. Funny but poor thing.. Around 5-6yr old.

jxmummy

Any Mummies can advise how often can i give my 8 months old baby egg yolk? Is it ok to give egg yolk everyday?
hmm, i did ask pd the same question. she told me that egg yolk to be given when baby turns 9 months old and egg white to be given when baby turns 1 year old.

annie

not snowbear but i remember her saying that she gives egg yolk only till her girl was near to 1 yr old then she try giving egg white a little to test for allergy cos she intend to buy her a bday cake n bday cakes sure includes whole eggs.. she wanna be safe that her girl can eat the bday cake thus she tested the white slightly before she turn 1.. but then her girl dosent seem to like egg white even till now this mostly she still gives egg yolk even now.

for me, my girl loves eggs so i often give her eggs. either omelette, fried egg or hard boiled eggs. she eats the egg white as finger food n she loves it

uddermummy

can give the egg yolk when bb's 8 to 9 months. I gave dd when she was 8 months cos i wanted to add in more iron to her diet.

for the egg yolk, best to give after 1.

The guidelines for adult is about 3 eggs a week, but there are no clear guidelines for bbs.

bbs can tolerate more cholesterol than adults.

autumn82

can give the egg yolk when baby's 8 to 9 months. I gave dear daughter when she was 8 months cos i wanted to add in more iron to her diet.

for the egg yolk, best to give after 1.

The guidelines for adult is about 3 eggs a week, but there are no clear guidelines for bbs.

bbs can tolerate more cholesterol than adults.
Arrr.. egg White? :p

uddermummy

where you want to go? but horr, must wait till next year after june lehhh... By then, will have more pocket money cos going back to work.

My friends went to the lasik surgery at paragon and so far so good.

i think they've got packages for a group. :tlaugh:

autumn82

where you want to go? but horr, must wait till next year after june lehhh... By then, will have more pocket money cos going back to work.

My friends went to the lasik surgery at paragon and so far so good.

i think they've got packages for a group. :tlaugh:
Off topic~~ :p

Ya, I also wanna go Paragon... :p Can can, let me know.. Not in a hurry yet. Heh.

cmeilim

hi mummies,

my boy is 6.5mos old. he has been on semi-solids for two weeks. taking plain brown rice cereal with EBM on its own for the first week, then mixed with some carrot puree in the second week. yesterday we added apple puree in the morning, and papaya puree in the late afternoon. he liked both.

my mum cooked porridge with fish flakes and pork (just for taste) for one day during his second week but he ran a slightly fever after his jab. so we told her to revert to cereal and EBM.

i also wish to boost my boy's iron since he's on total breastfeeding and would like to give him egg yolk. is it ok to start introducing egg yolk to him at 6.5 months? if no, can i introduce it at 7 or 8 months? if yes, do i do a hard-boil egg, then mash it up? add to his rice cereal or feed him just like that?

i don't know abt babies but sometimes when i eat egg yolk, the yolk will still get all lumpy and stuck in the top roof of my mouth and i would have problems swallowing it. so i don't really egg yolk myself.

why egg white can only be given later? i only know egg white is rich in protein.

what other iron-rich food can i introduce to him at his age now?

meiteoh

Urm, before going to eggs (which are highly allergenic - yolk and the white), you can intro spinach, leafy veg like cabbage, kale, broccoli, before opting for meats like beef, pork and fish. Switch to barley and oatmeal if you can as well. Those foods are rich in iron.

Also in order to increase iron absorption, you should up Vit C intake as well by giving fruits high in Vit C.

You can refer to this page for a list of foods rich in iron.

uddermummy

hi egg white shouldn't be given till bb is 1 year old.

Egg yolks can be introduced at 7 mths. If you're worried abt iron deficiency, you can ask your pd for iron drops. my dd is 9 mths old. on bm and semi-solids and iron drops.

once i start feeding dd meat regularly, i intend to stop the drops.

annie

there are some websites saying spinach should be given only after 10mths. u better check what u are giving before u give to your boy. also, remember the 4 day wait rule when u intro new food in case he is allergy to them...i realised u gave apples n papaya puree on the same day to your boy n both fruits are new to him? correct me if im wrong.

egg whites contains 3 kind of proteins (if i remmeber correctly) which some babies might be allegic to. thus its best to wait after 1yr old.

cmeilim

hi annie, ya, you are right. i flouted the 4-day rule cos i though apple and papaya are pretty safe foods. but i have told my mum to stick with papaya for the next few days. heehee.

annie

yea they are relatively safe but then some babies do develope allergic reactions to some 'safe' fruits.. so better to be safe than sorry. also, even if not allergic, u also got to see if they can digest it well. thus better not to give new food at the same time.

meiteoh

Yeah, agree with annie - whatever you decide to intro, stick to the four day rule and check with your paed. :)

uddermummy

liver is a v good source of iron, but it has to be introed later when bb is older.

I'm looking for dessicated liver to give to my ger, cos she can take it now. :p