How often do you wash and sterilise baby's milk bottles?

How many bottles do you have for one baby?

How often do you wash and sterilise them?

I have 6 bottles. Every time after my baby drinks milk, I will unassemble the bottle and put it into a basin in the kitchen. When I have about 4 dirty bottles I will wash the whole lot and sterilise them. So for me each bottle has to be washed after a feed.

Is there any easier way? Any of you use it once, rinse with hot water, then use another time? Will that be safe? I am scared baby get diarrhea so am very KS about it.

I am curious about how the rest of you do it.

Qookie

That's the way. After each feed, you wash it and steam sterilize it. As lavenderly said, it's very convenient. So much more convenient that our mom's time (when we were babies).

Don't rinse it with hot water and use it again. I read that it could give baby diarrhea.

KOOLMUM

I read 1 recent article in Straits Times, Mind Your Body (every thur issue) that we don't need to sterilise milk bottles after every feed once bb reaches 6 months. Just need to sterilise once in morning and once at night after last feed. Too bad I didn't keep that article .....I have been trying this method for 5 mths & so far so good.

Now my baby is almost 7 months. I tried the other day use the bottle for his mik, then rinse completely and then use for next feed. He is perfectly alright no diarrhea. Then I will wash the bottles. I know these days it is easier than when we were babies but washing bottles is driving me mad cos i have mild carpel tunnel sydrome with both hands now.

Moreover he is on solids and we dont sterilise his bowls or spoons or cups...and he is fine. So i reckon we can make do without sterilisation actually. But to be safe I will keep sterilising all the used bottles every day.

Jouline

I rinse it with hot water only. And sterilize when all my 5 bottles have been used. Which is like sterilizing only twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the night. :)

BTEKVT

Hi, I wash each bottle after use. Using steam steriliser only once a day ( in the morning). But each time I use the detergent (for baby) after my boy finish his milk.

Alisa

i only use my steriliser not more than 5 time since my son is born. i only steriliser his newly bought bottles & toys. after that is once in a blue moon. he is ok with no diarrhea. i will always wash his bottle after every feed.

geraline

after each feed, i will wash with Liquid cleanser as i noticed that the milk bottles are getting more oily (100% BM) and i will accumulate the bottles to sterilize in one go.

in case you may want to know that the sterilizer, the heating metal will get more "dirty" as it is use. You can use buy critic acid from DAISO to remove it.