How old should a healthy kid stop using the stroller?

Triquetra

Hi mummies,

I was talking to my hubby about getting a double stroller for our kids. My girl is 2+ yo and my boy is less than 2 mths old. My elder either wants to be carried most of the time ro wants to sit in the stroller (this is even before the younger is born).

Hubby doesn't think that the double stroller is the good idea as he feels that our girl is getting too old for it. Isn't it common to see kids up to 4 yo using stroller?

What do you think?

Dilys

Hi mummies,

I was talking to my hubby about getting a double stroller for our kids. My girl is 2+ yo and my boy is less than 2 mths old. My elder either wants to be carried most of the time ro wants to sit in the stroller (this is even before the younger is born).

Hubby doesn't think that the double stroller is the good idea as he feels that our girl is getting too old for it. Isn't it common to see kids up to 4 yo using stroller?

What do you think?
Hi Triquetra,

Personally ... I think that you don't need the double stroller. You should train & encourage your 2 years old to walk. I believe kids will be more independent & not so lazy... if they stop stroller at a young age.

Amulet

but if ur elder girl need to take nap wen u guys are out?

my girl is 3+, i still bring stroller for her if we leave the house early and she hasn't have her nap..

otherwise we can only go out in the afternoon or late afternoon after she had taken her nap..

now sometimes i'm trying to just let her go without the nap.. but gotta tolerate her crankiness sometimes..

annloh65

My 3 year old has stopped using the stroller. But I have seen much older kids "relaxing" in their stroller during family outings !

vinder79

Personally i find it nothing wrong for kids above 2 to use a stroller. My boys are 2 and 3. Whenever we go out i use to bring 2 strollers as there are times both wanna sit 2 gather Recently i bought a dbl stroller and they were very happy with it. When crossing busy roads and in crowded areas my boys will sit in stroller once its in a place i find they can walk i let them down.
My elder one is in daycare and i feel he has enough exercise there. As for my younger one he goes for 2 daily walks with my maid so i feel he also gets enough exercise.
Basically its up to you to decide for me my younger one is 19kg not ok to carry for long period of time.

xiaodaisy

guess depends on the kid themselves

my boys are abt 18mths when they start walking , refuse to sit in pram at all =.=''

by the age of 2 , they will tell me its for babies and not for 'grown up' kids like them wen they not grown up yet ..

but during long hrs being outside and if they wanna nap , no harm putting them in pram as for me , i buay tahan carry them for long =)

ya my girl doesnt like to sit in the pram since young... so nowadays we don't bother bringing it out unless for hols or for long walks.
esp if she's gonna take a nap... too heavy to carry haha :p

Triquetra

When my girl was about 11+ months old to about 20 months old, she refused to sit in pram too. However after she has 'walked enough' for almost a year, she doesn't want to walk anymore so it's either carry or stroller.

It's tiring to carry her and her little brother is using the pram so I really don't know whether to invest in a double stroller.

pkshl

i dun tink u should get the double stroller, do u ve a current stroller? can baby use also? maybe can alternate btw yr 2kids?

my son is 2.5yrs old, we also let him sit the pram, cos we are using it for my 9mth old baby also. when we go out, i will carry my baby & my son will sit in the pram.

Off topic abit, i was at Toy'R'Us yesterday & came across a woman saying very loudly to someone "this place is infested with prams! i cannot even move!"
i was pushing a pram, i heard what she said, there was a family in front of me also heard, they were angry & start commenting on that woman's remark, in fact many people can hear what she said. i tink she should just keep the comment to herself.

Last edited:

Triquetra

i dun tink u should get the double stroller, do u ve a current stroller? can baby use also? maybe can alternate btw yr 2kids?

my son is 2.5yrs old, we also let him sit the pram, cos we are using it for my 9mth old baby also. when we go out, i will carry my baby & my son will sit in the pram.

Off topic abit, i was at Toy'R'Us yesterday & came across a woman saying very loudly to someone "this place is infested with prams! i cannot even move!"
i was pushing a pram, i heard what she said, there was a family in front of me also heard, they were angry & start commenting on that woman's remark, in fact many people can hear what she said. i tink she should just keep the comment to herself.
I have a stroller and a pram.
The stroller is for 6+ months and the pram is for until 24 months.

Ekari

As soon as the kid is used to walking. But most of them wont last long and get tired easily. Soon they'll start crying to be pushed or carried around ;p

Triquetra

As soon as the kid is used to walking. But most of them wont last long and get tired easily. Soon they'll start crying to be pushed or carried around ;p
Yup that's why I am considering double stroller.
My biceps getting bigger lolz