How to care for 2 children?

babylemon

I m currently expecting my 2nd baby. The age gap btw the 2 will be abt 18mths. My domestic helper is taking care of my no. 1 while I m at work. How do experience mum cope when both require as much attention? I m at a lost, kindly share. I did tot of sending my no. 1 to childcare. But worried tat he will fall sick or can't adapt as he is a premature baby.

lyra

My fren's children same age gap as yours. Older child is sent to childcare. Younger is taken care of by mil. Try to settle her in childcare before your maternity leave ends. My fren's child kept crying n refuse to go childcare. Need a lot of coaxing.

Amulet

My gf's no.2 n no.3 is ard 15mo apart.. But she didn't send her no.2 to childcare until recently started her on her nursery class @ 4yo since she is a SAHM..

She will just play with the both of them, take care of both of them or as they grow, both will self-entertain or play with each other.. Her no.2 is quite sensible most of the time n will take care of her meimei, or let her meimei win..

i will play with them and teach them about sharing.. sharing is a big problem when they r young since they will fight for toys.. For me, i will spend a little bit more time to nurture the elder one so that she can set a good example because the younger one tends to follow..

icy_haze

Both my kids are 20mths apart. Like wat most mummy did, I send my elder boy to toddler class in the morning while my mum will looks after the younger one. What I find useful and helpful is that my younger one is on routine, he is following Gina ford routine. With a routine, I can manage my time better. I know when he is supposed to Feed and sleep and when will be the best time for me to do household chores too!

babylemon

Wow some of u are amazing, looking after 2 at e same time. I find it diffclt to take of my no 1 as I was a first time mum. I was exhausted, hardly got any sleep n had to express milk. My boy wldnt sleep at night n he will want us to carry e whole night. Wld u send ur child to gd childcare or e one near ur home? I hv one near my home but they only accept children fm 18mths onwards. N they cldnt really share with me wat their curriculum is like. Just mention eng, Chinese, Maths.