How to cook perfect 1/2 boiled eggs ???

STAR

Hi, can anyone tell me how to make perfect 1/2 boiled eggs ? I always get either too hard or uncooked eggs. TIA :Dancing_tongue:!

i boil the water then after that will put the egg in and cover it.. for 5 min like that.. if the egg is from fridge might need longer time.. u agar a few times then u can slowly guage the time needed.. :)

autumn82

I heard the Kopitiam Uncle was telling us, hot boiling water pour to the container wif egg for 7mins then take up, too long not nice liao.. LOL. :p

CanCanMum

Hi, can anyone tell me how to make perfect 1/2 boiled eggs ? I always get either too hard or uncooked eggs. TIA :Dancing_tongue:!
1) Put a pot of water to boil (Enuf to cover whole egg when immerse in later)

2) Once boiled, set aside for a while till the hot water bubbles stopped bubbling

3) Immerse the eggs inside the water, cover up. Leave it inside for 7 mins

4) WOOHOO heres yr purfect Ya Kun eggs lols~~~

yakii

i got the soft boil egg container..it cost ard $6-$8 and they have a measurement where if u put 2 egg to which level ur hot water shd be and the bottom got a hole. let the water drain to the bottom of the container and u will have perfect soft boil egg

serenelm

i got the soft boil egg container..it cost around $6-$8 and they have a measurement where if you put 2 egg to which level your hot water should be and the bottom got a hole. let the water drain to the bottom of the container and you will have perfect soft boil egg
hihi, where did u buy tat?? i've been searching high n low for it but dun see selling anywhere... thanks :)

yakii

hihi, where did you buy that?? i've been searching high and low for it but dont see selling anywhere... thanks :)
I got that from OG at albert court and i saw that at AMK central, there is one shop at beside the S11 kopitiam..tat sell alot of bowls and pots and stuff...they have it there

stonston

It depends on:
1. Size of egg
2. Temperature of egg
3. Temperature of water
4. Container used for water

If the egg is small, cut down the time. If you get those regular sized ones from Giant, it takes only 7min if the egg was at room temperature.

If the egg was in the fridge, add a minute.

If your water is not 'boiling', it might take a while longer (meaning those that come out from thermo flask).

Metal tends to lose heat fast. If it is in a metal container, leave it for slightly longer. If it is in ceramic/porcelain, the heat retains better.

STAR

Thanks all for the info. Hope my "agaration" not too bad if not i get uncooked or too cooked eggs again! :tlaugh:

glenndanker

Alpha Male
Hi, make sure you take out the eggs from the refrigerator the nite bfore you want to use them, boil a kettle on boiling water pour gently on the eggs and let it soak for about 8 minutes, if you have amc pot gold needle start pointing from red and stop at the middle. that is the timing for half boil egg. Enjoy

Swimtutor

Alpha Male
Cooking such half boil is easy. Make sure the egg is not from the fridge but at room temperature. The quantity of the hot water is necessary. Too less.. not enough heat to penetrate to the egg to cook it. Ideal is 5 mins submerge in freshly hot water and cover the lid to prevent further heat loss.

colpini

half boiled egg cooking timings are perfect 15 min, 10 min until it boils water and after cover it on slow flame 5 min more. then you can get perfect half boiled egg