How to cook yummy spaghetti

mackin

Hi there, there are many ready made sauce off the shelves. I love buying the Bolognese sauce, it tastes good and my son loves it. You just need to boil the spaghetti, fry the diced large onion and minced chicken together. Once the meat is cooked, add in the Bolognese sauce, stir fry for a while. Drain the spaghetti once cooked, then top it with the sauce mixture and some cheese.
You can go to http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Main.aspx
You can find lots of receipes that you want.

Last edited:

redjn

If u need to buy the instant ready Spaghetti sauce I would recommand "Prego" brand is the best taste so far for me.

Funz

I find that cooking the pasta till almost done but not fully done first then simmering it in whatever sauce you have for a while gives it a better taste as oppose to just dumping the cooked sauce on the pasta.

mackin

Me too, prego is a nice brand, however recently my sis in law recommended me this sauce brand called BERTOLLI vidalia onion with roasted garlic, it's very nice, not too sour.
As for the brand of the spaghetti, MAICAR cos it get cook pretty fast and the texture is better to me, after trying out other brands.

Gladys

I just went to NTUC to buy "Prego" sauce but there are many types like Traditional, Mushroom & garlic, Fresh mushroom, Roasted garlic.

I choose the Traditional one. Is it nice.

redjn

I'm not very particular abt spaghetti brand as long as any brand is cheap i will use that. If I'm not wrong most of the time I bought this brand "Maicar" as it's 1 of the cheapest. There was another brand but I can't remember the name of it, it's red in colour pack. I'm very particular abt the sauce, come to think of it Leggo's also not bad If I cant get Prego. My personal dislike brand is Raguletto, this is very light in taste maybe can describe as tasteless.

mackin

I just went to NTUC to buy "Prego" sauce but there are many types like Traditional, Mushroom & garlic, Fresh mushroom, Roasted garlic.

I choose the Traditional one. Is it nice.
To me, I've tried all, I prefer the fresh mushroom cos there's slices of mushroom in it, there's texture in the sauce. As for the traditional one, I always use it for making my pizzas base.
You can add mushrooms, meatballs, onions to the traditional one when you cook your spaghetti, gladys.

Last edited:

Gladys

Thanks everyone for sharing.

I have cooked the spaghetti and my husband said that it is not bad. My children also praise that it is yummy.

Hi Mackin,

Do you make pizza yourself. My children also like to eat pizza. care to share

mackin

I have cooked the spaghetti and my husband said that it is not bad. My children also praise that it is yummy.

Hi Mackin,

Hi Gladys
Yup I made the pizza crust myself, go to my blog, the recipes and the methods with pics are all there. Just uploaded couple weeks ago. www.cinnlove2cook.blogspot.com:tlaugh:
You can also go to Flickr: Cinncold's Photostream to see the different pizzas I've made...seafood, BBQ chicken and Hawaiian pizzas.
As for the pizza base sauce for hawaiian and seafood pizzas, I went to buy prego traditional sauce mixed with pizza sauce which I found in Giant. As for the BBQ chicken pizza, I bought Heniz BBQ sauce with honey & Garlic then I mixed it with some prego traditional sauce for the base.

pinkwipes

how about spaghetti, which brand is nice. there are many brand and different type
Barilla pasta is the nicest. I've always bought that brand. :)

This is how I cook pasta.

Add oil and salt in water, and wait till it boil
Spread pasta in the boiling water.
Stir occasionally so that pasta don't stick together. Oil will make a good seperator too.
Drain the water and then, soak in water with ice.
Stir-fry garlic together with ingredients.
Then, add in sauce first, then pasta.

That's how I cook pasta. And I love cooking them, cos it's easy and yummy!

Hope you enjoy your pasta cooking session. :)

sunsandsea

Alpha Male

Hi Mackin,

For those who like to cook pasta, the most important thing is that the pasta must be al dente(outside cook,inside a bit under cook )then when u want to stir fry the pasta in ur sauce, it will come out just nice and hot. pasta should not be too cook & soggy.

For home make tomato sauce, for pasta or pizza.Tomato sauce there is no fix way of doing. The basic , u need pomodori which is whole peeled tomato,blend it to puree form.cook it with olive oil,u can add whatever u like to enchance the flavour of ur tomato sauce..etc.minced garlic,dried herds(basil is nice/to make bolognese u can use oregano) slice mushroom, seafood and the list can go on..just rememeber for pizza sauce it must be more thick in texture...use ur createvilty add whatever u like:tlaugh:

meiteoh

Just to add a note for those interested in making the tomato sauce from scratch - I noticed that tomatoes here and tomatoes abroad, especially from Europe, taste different. Tomatoes there are much sweeter compared to here and thus, are more flavourful when cooked. Normally the key is to use fresh tomatoes and cook till it's soft but since the tomatoes here are not very yummy, stick to canned tomatoes instead.