how to increase bm supply?

KAmum

Title says It all. Do I have to really drink milk to increase it? I'm lactose intolerant, and can only drink Lactaid or HL. Help ? :eek:

ast0212

Drinking milk doesn't make more milk:)

Best way is to latch on as often as possible. When bub drinks more milk, more milk is made.

But why do you think you don't have enough milk?

KAmum

Drinking milk doesn't make more milk:)

Best way is to latch on as often as possible. When bub drinks more milk, more milk is made.

But why do you think you don't have enough milk?
Because I've never gotten engorged breasts before. I've read about it and it's normal but I don't have it??
Plus my girl used to drink for about 20 minutes or less (and she vomits sometimes due to being over fed) but now she can latch on for as long as 50minutes without vomitting? And she gets hungry every hour or so, compared to before where it's once every 2-3 hours. :eek:

ast0212

Growth spurt? That's when babies eat more frequently and can feed for longer too...It can last a week or two..or longer I guess it depends on baby.

Just keep feeding whenever baby wants however long she wants, your breasts will adjust and make milk according to baby's needs :)

You never had engorgement when your milk came in? Lucky ducky!!

KAmum

Growth spurt? That's when babies eat more frequently and can feed for longer too...It can last a week or two..or longer I guess it depends on baby.

Just keep feeding whenever baby wants however long she wants, your breasts will adjust and make milk according to baby's needs :)

You never had engorgement when your milk came in? Lucky ducky!!
But she's not even a month old ! :)
Hahah ok then will not worry >.<
Yeah I didn't have it. Thought its supposed to be normal lol :p is it painful?

ast0212

But she's not even a month old ! :)
Hahah ok then will not worry >.<
Yeah I didn't have it. Thought its supposed to be normal lol :p is it painful?
Growth spurts can happen around 7-10 days, 3-6 weeks....any time really!!

Engorgement varies between women and baby too. With my first I was very painfully engorged. 2nd baby not so much as 1st but still a bit painful.

KAmum

Growth spurts can happen around 7-10 days, 3-6 weeks....any time really!!

Engorgement varies between women and baby too. With my first I was very painfully engorged. 2nd baby not so much as 1st but still a bit painful.
OMG OK SILLY ME I thought it happened to babies over 1 year only :p hmmmm. Going back to the hospital for a follow up appointment next week. Maybe ask my gynae about the engorgement part. So weird mums are complaining about it and I'm complaining cuz I don't have it ):