How to know whether your breast milk supply is established?

diymummy

Hi pink,

You can try to pump and see what your supply is like. But different babies have different needs. So as long as your baby is gaining weight and doesn't fuss from hunger, I would say that your supply is well established already.

PinkDiamonds

I think also if your baby is able to stretch feeding intervals it would also be a sign of established milk supply. For example if during the first month your baby is feeding every 2 hours, you may find that in once your milk supply is established your baby can last until 3 hours.

Stan

I think also if your baby is able to stretch feeding intervals it would also be a sign of established milk supply. For example if during the first month your baby is feeding every 2 hours, you may find that in once your milk supply is established your baby can last until 3 hours.[/quote]

Really?!! so far baby can last 3hrs for some feeds.. not all though... YAY!!!:Dancing_wub:

PinkDiamonds

It's a good start. Usually if your baby can stretch feeding times mean he/she is taking in more milk, which means you are producing more milk. :)