How to make baby slp thru the night?

Hi mummies, since birth , my princess has been waking up every 2 hours for milk throughout the whole day till she is 3 months old, she extend to 3hours and when 4 months odd, last feed around 830 will last 5-6hours before she wakes up for milk, tried delaying her last feed till 1030 and she wakes up 3 hours later (worse). Ever since she took solid, ok she eats alot, before every feed of milk she has cereal, porridge for lunch, cereal/pureen for tea, dinner porridge or rice, bed time brownrice with milk, she will finish her milk 120ml-150ml after every feed, she gets hungry easily? Lol. Trying hard to quit her night feeding cos it's really tiring for this past 9mths, and doesn't seems to help... Now she has her last feed at 930-10pm, and slp till 4-5am, sometimes 1am cry, but I feed her water ( other mummies taught me to cheat her ). This 2 days better abit, she 1045 drink and next feed 7am but.. Woke up 3 times ( fed her a lil water each time, 3 times total finish 120ml of water ) . Wonder am I being bad not to feed her a t night? Alot mums say is a habit, I worry she's really hungry.. Just had her 1st 2 tooth out recently, 9months old weighing 8.3kg, now putting back weight already cos appetite regain..

Mummies u think should I help her quit her night feeding? Cos I'm moving to my new place in oct and my mum won't be able to help me in the evening while I catch a cat nap. It's really very tiring. But if she's really hungry I don't mind feeding her, just worry is a habit like what other mummies telling me.. How?!

Mummy to Baby V

Some babies need night-time feeds to meet their appetite, some suckle for comfort because they associate sucking with falling back to sleep.

For the last feed, does your baby suck on the bottle till she falls asleep?
If so, it could be associating milk/bottle with sleep.
To "correct" this, let her drink before sleep routine, preferably not from a bottle.
9 months old can start using open cup with handle.
Or feed with spoon from a bowl.
After that, sleep routine that can include a change, stories, songs, lights out.

When she fusses at night, feeding water from a bottle is still allowing her to suck for comfort to fall asleep.
Perhaps can try feeding from a normal water bottle, no bottle sippy teat.

Gradually, let her get used to falling back to sleep with some light patting or singing, massaging, etc.

It may take some time to completely wean off night feeds.
My boy was a fussy sleeper and breastfed for comfort every 1-2 hours at night, finally weaned off at 18 months old.
Likely because we transited from breastfeeding to cup feeding around that time.
At least we succeeded at 18 months old. I know a few 2 & 3-year olds who still wake up for milk at night.

All the best! :)

Erm, doubt it's for comfort, she finish her last feed awake, and will cry for me to pat her to sleep and sing abc song, she drinks in the magmag stage 2 cup, not this normal teat, and she's not on pacifier since birth.. Try using spoon but she very impatient, like finish everything fast, during lunch also, mus faster cool down and quickly feed her, haha.. Trying hard! Today 3rd day of quitting!!! Hopes she guai guai slp thru the night!!!

newmum80

well, my boy nearly 2 yrs old still couldnt kick off his night feed. Sometime nid not once but thrice but usually once. He had full dinner and will had a bottle of milk before sleeping but still he nid his milk, we tried giving him juice/water, he will suck n noticed the difference and cry for milk. We surely hope he can kick off his night feeding soon, it will be a joy to sleep thur the night for us. :)

ling.er

My son is 13mth + ... Some time he also make noise @ night which wake mi up.... I those ligh sleeper ... SOmetime i give him water then pat & swing him back to slp.. Sometime he will stil make noise after tat... So no choice to make him milk ....

I Hope he can quit from there when he come 24mth

It's been the 4th night !! She seems to know no more night milk feed le, she woke up at 7am for milk, at night when she make noise I just feed water, she just suck two mouths and go back slp. Better than previously she will reject and wants milk, ytd night was so much better, she only make noise twice, and drink less than 10ml of water in total, ytd and night before last feed 9pm and woke up at 7am for milk!! Hopefully it continues!!

wenz

for my 2 youngest kids, i tried all methods online or via advices but it din work and i gave up trying, they outgrown it by themselves
Both at about 18-19months, they just suddenly stop waking up for milk one of the night and it continues..... and alas! no more night feeding.. i find it so random lo but was happy also....