how to make watermelon with sago?

pink_daisy

hi all,

anybody has the receipe for watermelon with sago?
i tried once that has alot of ingredients in it.. they have watermelon, rock melon, honeydew, sea coconut, sweetcorns and sago... and how to cook the sago?

many tx.

Ting

the sago i think can just buy from supermarket n boil them can alr.
i seen my dad cook them with red bean soup b4. :)

mackin

When the water boils, pour in the sago and stir for a while. When the sago turns translucent then off fire.
Buy the instant coconut milk or buy 2 whole grated coconuts and pour 2 cups of water to squeeze out the milk. Bring the coconut milk to boils, once boils pour in the sago and stir for a while then off fire. Cut the watermelon into smaller pieces. Once the coconut milk cools, add in the water melon then put into the refrigerator. Serve cold.
Hope this can help u.

pink_daisy

i use those pearl sago which r smaller in size compared to those bigger ones but they stick together after i boiled them!!! did i overcook them?​

stonston

The trick to making your sago nice and seperate is to rinse them under cold water once they are cooked (translucent). It stops the cooking and allows the sago to fix it's shape.

mackin

Sound a nice treat to make over the weekend. Yippeee..thanks for sharing Mackin :)
You are most welcome, swimtutor! It a very easy dessert that you can make anytime, any day...hehehe
Can substitute watermelon with rock melon or honeydew. Enjoy your dessert!

Last edited: