How to regain pre-pregnancy figure?

edna

Hi Mummies, I put on 20kg during my pregnancy. My son is coming to 10 months old. I have lost abt 15kg to date. The remaining 5kg is still there regardless what I do. Any mummies manage to gain back their pre pregnancy weight?? Pls advise!! Thanks...:)

snowy

HiHi edna, 5kg should be acheivable. I have 3 kids. I put on about 20kg for each pregnancy as well. I lost all the weight gained during pregnancy about 6 months after each of my delivery. It took me slightly longer time (about 9 months) to shed off all the excess weight gained during my 3rd pregnancy.

This is what I do:
- swim for 30 mins everyday
- climb up the stairs instead of taking elevator
- reduce my carbohydrate intake
- a big No No for supper
- drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday to make me feel less hungry
- use OTO Trimax to tone my flabby tummy

Hope the above 'tips' is useful in one way or another :) Good Luck! :p

Selina_Fong

Hi edna..a good way to regain back your figure is yoga. I put on 18kg during my first pregnancy. Lost 12kg in 3 months time. The other 6kg remains there. I signed up for yoga lessons after my colleagues reccomendation. I feel refreshed and relaxed after each lesson. And most importantly, I have lost about 4kg after 2 months of yoga. Of course, I cut down on my food intake as well. Diet plays a very important role in slimmign down. You have to be really determined to attain your goal. If you need more information about the yoga lessons, pls PM me.

Last edited:

Happydays-shop

Hi mummies, i did not manage to lose weight.
I gain about 50kg during my pregnancy and lost about 10kg.
Still have 40kg more to lose, however my girl already 16months.
Very hard to lose weight already.

:(

Dudette

HiHi edna, 5kg should be acheivable. I have 3 kids. I put on about 20kg for each pregnancy as well. I lost all the weight gained during pregnancy about 6 months after each of my delivery. It took me slightly longer time (about 9 months) to shed off all the excess weight gained during my 3rd pregnancy.

This is what I do:
- swim for 30 mins everyday
- climb up the stairs instead of taking elevator
- reduce my carbohydrate intake
- a big No No for supper
- drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday to make me feel less hungry
- use OTO Trimax to tone my flabby tummy

Hope the above 'tips' is useful in one way or another :) Good Luck! :p

The OTO Trimax really works ah?

snowy

Dudette, It works pretty well for me. But u have to be really determined lah. Must use it everyday. U will see results in the long run.

Happydays, u mean u put on 50kg during pregnancy? How big is ur baby? Are u very tall?

Happydays-shop

Dudette, It works pretty well for me. But u have to be really determined lah. Must use it everyday. U will see results in the long run.

Happydays, u mean u put on 50kg during pregnancy? How big is ur baby? Are u very tall?
yeah, i put on 50kg.
went for my first check up when i'm 5weeks pregnant, i'm 48kg.
going deliver suite on 39weeks pregnant, i'm 99kg.
my baby only 3.2kg
Hmm, does 1.7m consider tall?

i went for mary chia slimming program, but my weight still stuck at there.
:(

babysg

Hi Happydays..50kg is quite alot. Think you need to be very determined to lose all the extra weight. I tries marie france bodyline. Not very effective as well. Cos I did not control my diet. Now I have stopped breastfeeding, I went to a GP for slimming pills. My appetite is smaller after eating the pills and have lost abt 2kg in abt 5 days.

I put on 20kg during pregnancy.Was 58kg before pregnancy. Now my weight is abt 63kg. My aim is to go back to my wedding weight 53kg :) hehe. I am not very tall. 1.62m.

Yukee

WOW...happydays-shop, 50kg really alot...i was 50kg before i got preggie, after #1 i don't bother to slim down, cos i wanted a #2...after #2, i was 70kg, i went to sliming centre, now my gal is 8mths i am 57kg liao, still got 7kg to go...beside going to sliming centre, i also apply sliming and toning cream, at least you look more tone even if you are big size...i also go for aerobic and stretch fit class at amore...jia you jia you...:Dancing_wub:

Elaine35

if u're determined to lose weight then must be very hardworking. all these slimming programs and machines really are the lazy way out.. must exercise, drink alot of water, cut down carb intake etc. sounds good right.. but i myself am guilty of being lazy.. :nah:

Happydays-shop

i agree.
to lose weight, need to be very hardworking.
i thought of going swimming, play tennis, badminton and other sports.
But main concern is, nobody look after my daughter if i were to do all this.

Seriously, i'm lazy also lah.
Some more now, i'm ttc-ing for the 2nd one.
If i were to pregnant, i think my weight can *faint* already

Carole

I gained abt 30kgs for my 2nd child. My kid is now 11 months old. I lost abt 20kgs liao. But I still wanna lose more.. so i'm on replacement meals now. Replace my normal meals with the shakes twice a day - Breakfast and dinner. For lunch, I eat normal meal or soupy stuff. After abt 1 month, I lost another 3kg. This one works for me becos I do not have time to exercise as I'm looking after my daughter. I heard tat the replacement meals can also be taken while you're pregnant.

I've been to the slimming center - no use.

AugBoyz

I gained abt 30kgs for my 2nd child. My kid is now 11 months old. I lost abt 20kgs liao. But I still wanna lose more.. so i'm on replacement meals now. Replace my normal meals with the shakes twice a day - Breakfast and dinner. For lunch, I eat normal meal or soupy stuff. After abt 1 month, I lost another 3kg. This one works for me becos I do not have time to exercise as I'm looking after my daughter. I heard tat the replacement meals can also be taken while you're pregnant.

I've been to the slimming center - no use.
:bskeptical:is tt Jeri???
Auntie Carole??

Wat is replacement meals? Safe? Does it have enuf nutrients for the body?

I gained 10kg during pregnacy, only managed to lose 5kg :(

kcleong2

i agree.

Oooh Happdays, I also want to TTC for 2nd one next year, so if i try so hard to lose weight now and gain back next year, I bang wall liao. anyway, me also lazy, been using tis excuse to justify my weight gained esp infront of mh HB. :001_302:. Now, me do minimal for weight loss, like control carbo intake, drink more water, eat more fruits n less choco and fried stuff.. Yummy, I just heard my stomach growl......:nah:

Carole

:bskeptical:is tt Jeri???
Auntie Carole??

Wat is replacement meals? Safe? Does it have enuf nutrients for the body?

I gained 10kg during pregnacy, only managed to lose 5kg :(
Yes, tat's jeri. Yes, it's me. Replacement meals means instead of bread or normal meals like rice/noodles, you replace with shakes (vanilla, chocolate etc). And yes, enuf nutrients for the body.

babysg

Hi Mummies...few yrs back before i was pregnant..i tried out cambridge diet meal replacement..results not too bad..manage to lose weight in quite a short time :)

Elaine35

yuh when i was working in pharmacy many many donkey years back alot of customers feedback cambridge is really effective. you can choose to substitute one to three meals per day, depending on how much weight u want to lose and how fast.

but its not cheap, something like $130 for 21 meals i.e. one week of fully substituted meals.

Dudette

My problem is loose skin lah. I put on about 30kgs during my first pregnancy. By the time i lost all the weight, my tummy's got very loose skin. Very ugly. Now after my 2nd pregnancy... even worse! Thinking about going for tummy tuck. :embarrassed:

Dudette

i agree.

actually, there's another way to lose weight without all the sporting activities. But it takes ALOT of determination, and it involves a total change of your diet for a few months, depending on how much you need to lose. But it's healthy lor, and it is very effective.

Here's the website. Weight-loss and Wellness through Nutrition - Cohen's Lifestyle Clinic

I tried it before, and it has helped me alot. If you're interested, i can give you the contact details.

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
Wow Happydays 50kgs is a lot!!!

I gained about 20kgs. Lost 10kg right after delivery. The rest of the 10kgs just disappears without doing anything... maybe it's breastfeeding. :)