How to remove wind from baby (13 mths)??

diymummy

When my boy has bloated stomach we do all of the following:
- massage thrice a day using minyak telon (fm indo). Must massage the back also.
- increase on probiotics (either increase his daily powder dosage or give more yogurt)
- add colic drops to his milk (I think the brand is infantcol?)
Thanks stonston.

May I ask where you buy the Minyak Telon? Is it only sold in Indo??

I've tried looking for infantcol for a while now. I've read that they stopped it in Singapore.

Is your probiotics powder also ordered from the website that you intro-ed from the US??

No worries, diymummy. Being bloated doesn't really affect his appetite but it does make his GERD worse ... he struggles to burp more often and/or coz of the trapped air bubbles and the struggling could trigger his vom.

I have tried colic drops (ridwind) and gripe water but they made his GERD worse (I dont know why) ... he ended up vomitting a lot and badly and he was even more upset than usual. His osteo advised me to put a heat pack or hot water bottle against his tummy for 15 mins when he's sleeping to keep tummy warm to help with wind & digestion. That helps on his particularly bloaty days (and nights). That and tummy massage.

Is your boy also taking soft food or solids, in addition to milk? Try to settle the urgent stuff first - his bloatedness & discomfort. His appetite will improve as his tummy feels better.
Ooooo... Colic drops made him feel worse huh... My boy has mild reflux. Not sure if the colic drops will do him worse but he was on the colic drops during the first 6 mths of his life.

Maybe I will go buy a binder this weekend to try to keep his tummy warm.

Yes he's taking solids. Porridge and cereal.

Anyway, I just bought Dentinox Colic drops... *fingers crossed*

Thanks for your encouragement epicurean mummy. I feel very encouraged by you.

Last edited:

camom

I don't use Ru Yi Oil on my son. He is sensitive to it and each application gave him huge patches of hives on his abdomen area.

GNC sells probiotics in powder form. I give my son yoghurt.

epicurean

Hi diymummy,

Some children probably respond better to colic drops than others. My boy's digestive system is more sensitive coz he's on a lot of med plus his GERD. It was a lot of trial & error coz I tried out a lot of things to figure what works best for his system. So far probiotics works well for him ... so much so that hubby is now a big fan of it hahah.

What kinda binder are you considering getting? I just use the normal heat pack (those that can be used as heat or cold packs). Please be careful not to leave it on your boy's tummy for too long.

Just try out different advice and options systematically, one at a time, so you know what works better than others or which combination of advice is best for him. Wind & bloatedness can be resolved ... your boy just needs some help to regulate his system ... next thing you know, he'll be drinking & eating like a horse :)

diymummy

Hi diymummy,

Some children probably respond better to colic drops than others. My boy's digestive system is more sensitive coz he's on a lot of med plus his GERD. It was a lot of trial & error coz I tried out a lot of things to figure what works best for his system. So far probiotics works well for him ... so much so that hubby is now a big fan of it hahah.

What kinda binder are you considering getting? I just use the normal heat pack (those that can be used as heat or cold packs). Please be careful not to leave it on your boy's tummy for too long.

Just try out different advice and options systematically, one at a time, so you know what works better than others or which combination of advice is best for him. Wind & bloatedness can be resolved ... your boy just needs some help to regulate his system ... next thing you know, he'll be drinking & eating like a horse :)
Ok :)

Today's 2nd day on colic drops so yeah.. Will see how it goes. Doubt I'd be able to go out today to get the binder. Was thinking of getting those that can be used on newborns? Where you bind the tummy so that they feel more secure types. I remember seeing a few at Kiddy Palace.

As for the heat pack... Maybe I'll get a hot water bottle.. You know, those rubbery type ones. I remember heat packs last time sold at Pasar Malams that has a "coin" in it which you snap and it turns warm. I saw those before at shopping centres but haven't been seeing them lately in malls.

I'll try to look out for the probiotics when I manage to go to a pharmacy or GNC. I'll try that next.

I hope things can be resolved over the CNY hols before I go back to work... Sigh...

lekdao

Ok :)

Today's 2nd day on colic drops so yeah.. Will see how it goes. Doubt I'd be able to go out today to get the binder. Was thinking of getting those that can be used on newborns? Where you bind the tummy so that they feel more secure types. I remember seeing a few at Kiddy Palace.

As for the heat pack... Maybe I'll get a hot water bottle.. You know, those rubbery type ones. I remember heat packs last time sold at Pasar Malams that has a "coin" in it which you snap and it turns warm. I saw those before at shopping centres but have not't been seeing them lately in malls.

I'll try to look out for the probiotics when I manage to go to a pharmacy or GNC. I'll try that next.

I hope things can be resolved over the CNY hols before I go back to work... Sigh...
i think the binder is too small (standard size) for your baby to use, those is rather small. In fact you can use a towel to grab on the tummy area after applying the oil.

Be more careful when using the heat pack.

helenkong

you can try to massage the tummy.
100% it works

use belly button as the center.
each side with 2 fingers length and find the dot and press it lightly until u feel the baby's tummy pounce back. (remember, not too hard)

press it for 5 sec and release.
repeat it for 10 times.
one at a time for left and right sides.

then go for up and down.
same measurement of 2 fingers length.

keep doing it for 5 min.

after 30 min or hours(less than 5 hours)
Baby will release Bombs...sometime Poo Poo.

cocraze

My girl is now 3 months only, so I dont know whether relevant....

I dont think she has GERD but she has had problems with wind in stomach since her 1st month. I tried gripe water (2.5ml mixed into about 30ml of water given after her daily bath in the morning. Sometimes give second time in the day in the evening feed if she still dont fart much)

She was still colicky recently so we saw a paed last week, who prescribed Ridwind (0.5ml mixed into milk feed 4 times a day when necessary). When I told her we already giving Woodwards gripe water, she say its ok, but afterall still a household remedy, nothing really wrong in giving if we want, but must remember gripe water got alcohol.

My girl was still colicky (at 12 weeks) this week, so I tried bringing her for TCM massage. Had her first session on Wed. The doc examined her throat, listened to her chest and asked questions about her feeding, sleeping and pooing habits, and whether me and hubby got sensitivities. Then massaged her left palm and arm, forehead, face, chest, stomach and back. Sent us back with two small medicine pouches in powder form, to be strapped to girl's navel. One pouch per day, before we go back on Sat morn for review.
So far so good. Girl farts more easily and didn't have her usual bout of evening fussiness. Even though I stopped feeding gripe water, ridwind these two days, and also stopped rubbing ruyi oil (cos already got pouch on her navel).

gunadi87

Hi diymummy,

Normally for my son I will just use the ru yi oil or the oil tht my mom brought frm indo for me, I will massage my son's tummy after bath, it will keep the tummy warm.....

Did your son take cold stuff recently?

Also mayb u wanna try Ting's suggestion of giving ur son sweet potato and some gripe water first before gg to see the PD....sometimes eating too much med will cause a child to loose appetite....like my son tht time when he was sick, he would drink very little but many times in a day.....

We mummies always worry abt our child....

Oh btw, you can try giving ur son papaya, heard tht it helps with bloatedness...
yes its called telon oil. I use that for my daughter too. I bought at Baby Shop SG for $2.30 each

Telon Oil Nyonya Meener (60 ml) « Baby Shop SG