How to start : Moon Rabbit Brand Si Sen Brown Rice Powder with Ginseng & Ikan Bilis

yvonne_ktw

Please advise me how to start...

I just bought a box of above. BTW, anyone tried? Is it safe? I see the box like cheapo like that lea...

My hubby insist buy the one with Ginseng.. Now buy liao but duno how to prepare and feed/start...

snowbear

Re: How to start : Moon Rabbit Brand Si Sen Brown Rice Powder with Ginseng & Ikan Bil

Please advise me how to start...

I just bought a box of above. BTW, anyone tried? Is it safe? I see the box like cheapo like that lea...

My hubby insist buy the one with Ginseng.. Now buy liao but duno how to prepare and feed/start...
I bought the normal one without ginseng or ikan bilis last time. Just follow the instructions on the box coz not sure if you bought the instant one or the type that needs to be cooked on stovetop.

The one i had had to be cooked so just scoop what you need and mix with some boiled (cooled) water till it dissolves before you heat it up on slow heat. Keep stirring and add some warm water in and stir. Then when it's the consistency you want, just turn off the fire and wait for the gruel to cool before feeding your baby. My neighbour bought the instant type: just add water. :Dancing_wub:

Phoebii Cheng

Re: How to start : Moon Rabbit Brand Si Sen Brown Rice Powder with Ginseng & Ikan Bil

Hi yvonne,

I bought the instant one.....can add to ur bb's milk feed but of cos give a bit 1st to see if there is a reaction, then u can add more if there is no reaction

For me, normally I add to my son's oatmeals in the morning......cos he is on solids now

Some frens recommend me this cos' it can increase ur bb's appetite:tlaugh:

yvonne_ktw

Instruction says:
Use 200ml drinking water
Add 2-3tablespoons of Moon Rabbit powder, one each time and stir well each scope.
Stir over low heat
Ready to btl or spoon feed.Drinking water or milk can be added while stirring to thin or cool mixture.

I need help is to advise how to start for my baby.
Like, i let him try a few spoon first? That means, try out for fun and no need replace any milk for it?
OR...
He drink 200ml milk now, I put 160ml of milk and 40ml of this brown rice(after cook) and let him try on very 1st attempt? (The "ml" is i anihow put one, need advise how much ml of milk/brown rice from you all)

Then,
After he can adapt liao. I still continou in 160ml(milk),40ml(brown) in every feed?
OR...
Instead of one time feeding milk, i feed him with 1bowl of brown rice?

joeichen

I mix with my boy's porridge.
Seem taste not strong and dun make much different.

yvonne_ktw

I mix with my boy's porridge.
Seem taste not strong and dun make much different.
You also use Moon Rabbit brand? How did you start up in the very very first time? Can advise? Thanks Thanks

joeichen

Ya brought tat too... I mix abt 1 tbsp into my boy's porridge coz dunno hw he will react to the taste, but he seem ok so every afternoon porridge I add 2 tbsp.
After abt 1-2 mths, dun seem make much different.

snowbear

Instruction says:
Use 200ml drinking water
Add 2-3tablespoons of Moon Rabbit powder, one each time and stir well each scope.
Stir over low heat
Ready to btl or spoon feed.Drinking water or milk can be added while stirring to thin or cool mixture.

Like, i let him try a few spoon first? That means, try out for fun and no need replace any milk for it?
OR...
He drink 200ml milk now, I put 160ml of milk and 40ml of this brown rice(after cook) and let him try on very 1st attempt? (The "ml" is i anihow put one, need advise how much ml of milk/brown rice from you all)

Then,
After he can adapt liao. I still continou in 160ml(milk),40ml(brown) in every feed?
OR...
Hi, can only give a proper answer if i know how old your bb is and whether this is the first semi-solid food you are giving him.

yvonne_ktw

Hi, can only give a proper answer if i know how old your bb is and whether this is the first semi-solid food you are giving him.
Hi Hi,
He's 4mth on 7th April.
Yes, first time starting semi-solid.

snowbear

Instruction says:
Use 200ml drinking water
Stir over low heat

OR...

Then,
OR...
When you first let him have a taste of semi-solids, the general advice is to just let him have 1-2teaspoons first to taste. If he's keen you can offer him more. When first starting out on semi-solids, you'll have to feed him milk after he eats those few teaspoons of food.

Dun need to prepare a lot (as suggested by the instructions on the box). Start with 1 level tablespoon of the powder. Should be more than enough for a first-timer to semi-solids. :) Once he's more accustomed to the food, you can start preparing more and feed less milk after that. Coz he's so young still, it'd be better not to totally let the gruel replace a milk feed.

I can't really help with the exact measurement of liquid to powder coz i always do it by estimation. Usually i'll just look at the consistency of the paste as i stir it over heat and decide whether to add more water or not.

annie

sorry to dig up an old thread.. im wondering how to prepare the brown rice prior to cooking it? i wanna make brown rice cereal for my girl.. do we simply take out the rice, grind it and throw into a saucepan of boiling water, stiring it into the consistency that we want or do we need to wash the rice, sun/toast/dry it first before grinding? if need to wash, can we simply dry in rm temp without sunning or toasting? any advise appreciated. thanks!

joeichen

u can grind it or cook longer, brown rice r abit harder to soften.
I didnt grind, I use a slow cooker to cook it for hours.

snowbear

sorry to dig up an old thread.. im wondering how to prepare the brown rice prior to cooking it? i wanna make brown rice cereal for my girl.. do we simply take out the rice, grind it and throw into a saucepan of boiling water, stiring it into the consistency that we want or do we need to wash the rice, sun/toast/dry it first before grinding? if need to wash, can we simply dry in rm temp without sunning or toasting? any advise appreciated. thanks!
If you're making your own brown rice powder i think you need to wash it then sun it dry before grinding. Not sure if you can just dry it in rm temp, what i heard so far is must sun or toast it dry.

After grinding, you can store it and use whatever amt you need each time for cooking.

If you're not grinding the grains, what you can do is to cook it via slow cooker then push the grains thru a sieve to get a very smooth gruel. That's what i did last time.

Last edited:

annie

thanks snowbear! i think i shall toast it since its faster! :Dancing_wub:just throw the wet rice into empty pan n stir right? no need to preheat the pan with anything eg oil, butter yea?

ot a bit. my girl has the bumbo seat in your avatar too n she loves it! can sit in there for hrs! lol. hers is blue though... wamted a pink but tat time no stock.. sob~

snowbear

thanks snowbear! i think i shall toast it since its faster! :Dancing_wub:just throw the wet rice into empty pan n stir right? no need to preheat the pan with anything eg oil, butter yea?

ot a bit. my girl has the bumbo seat in your avatar too n she loves it! can sit in there for hrs! lol. hers is blue though... wamted a pink but tat time no stock.. sob~

no need. :)

I wanted to buy e pink 1... but dh dun let me buy coz he said everything i oso buy pink... so we compromised: purple!!

annie

ooh i saw the purple but i wanted a brighter colour so i choose the turquoise blue.. i try to minimise pink things also in case my 2nd is a boy! lol.

snowbear

ooh i saw the purple but i wanted a brighter colour so i choose the turquoise blue.. i try to minimise pink things also in case my 2nd is a boy! lol.
used to do tt so i only bought 2 pink bumwears for dd n neutral colors for e rest, bought a blue pram and tried to buy neutral clothes. But we just changed to a maclaran stroller n it's SHOCKING PINK and i've been buying girlish clothes for a long time already. hahaha... so much for preparing for the next one le...:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

annie

arrgg... just now feeding my girl sweet potato puree till very pek chek.. she always eat her food decently. jsut chew chew n swallow n very clean(no mess). but then today... i give her the food... she started playing with her saliva by blowing bubbles! then out comes her saliva PLUS the food all over the place! end up i think maybe she ate nothing.... piss... anyone experience this? how to make bb just eat decently n not play??

snowbear

arrgg... just now feeding my girl sweet potato puree till very pek chek.. she always eat her food decently. jsut chew chew n swallow n very clean(no mess). but then today... i give her the food... she started playing with her saliva by blowing bubbles! then out comes her saliva PLUS the food all over the place! end up i think maybe she ate nothing.... piss... anyone experience this? how to make bb just eat decently n not play??
The phase will pass. Just tell her sternly not to do that. My dd used to make a mess too by blowing out her food while trying to blow bubbles or make the 'boo' sound.

annie

yea that wat she did! so angry... i told her sternly dun do that n even covered her mouth lol. hai~ playful girl.. recently she dosent seriously drink her milk as well.. will drink drink then blow bubbles with my nipple in her mouth! then soemtimes drink a bit then unlatch n look around then drink abit n unlatch again! maybe thats y she has been waking more at night to nurse.. ive tried feeding her in a quiet rm but that dosent help.. fainting...