how to start toilet training?

dear moms,

Need yr advise, my DS is almost 10 mnth, but he can't make a cake without his diapers.... i admit i had late to give him toilet training, and just recently tried to put him sit in the toilet. but he can't sit more than 2 minutes, he will start cranky and dont want to make a cake.... after i put him the diapers, he immedialy make a cake. hiazzz.... :eek:

moms how hor?? any adviseee??

stonston

My son used to be like that. Then we realised he may not be ready for it yet. So we decided to wait till he can talk.

When he was around 18mths, he can speak in proper sentences and is able to verbalise his needs. So we decided to give toilet training a chance again. My maid will make him sit on the toilet bowl when he wakes up every morning to poop and pee.

At first he refused to poop, only pee. But my maid continued and soon he poop in the toilet bowl. Then we decided to not let him wear diapers at home to train him. Every 15minutes we ask if he wants to pee/poop. Usually he'll say 'no', if he does not answer us, it means yes!

Continue perservering and now he is 29mths old, he goes diaper-free at home. He'll tell us when he wants to pee/poop. Sometimes when we are busy, he'll even go to the toilet himself, pull down his pants/undies and pee, then he'll wear back his undies and pants and wash his hands with soap (oh my, i just typed soup cause I'm watching a show and they are drinking soup!).

If you want your boy to be able to poop without his diapers, you need to perservere :) Put him on the toilet bowl at the timing that he normally poops everyday.

Btw, my son hates potties. He only wants the real toilet bowl without child seat!

thanks stonston... so i have to perservere ... just hoping my dear son can fast learning than would be easy for me to bring him go out ... :)

Ottermum

stonston...

how about night time? does he still wear diapers?

my nephew's already 5 years old n he still wets his bed...so he's still wearing diapers at night...

stonston

Ottermum, my son still wears diapers at night, but most days, it's dry. my maid will bring him to pee before he sleeps.

Day time naps he dun wear diapers. we put a peepad under him in case of accidents. but so far so good, he nvr pee in his naps :)

once his night time peeing lessen, we'll remove the diapers at night. he usually pee at night when he wakes up for extra milk (sometimes day time he dun wanna eat so end up need more milk cos he feel hungry). my maid trying to wake him up to pee if he drinks more milk. once successful we wont let him wear diapers at night.

CanCanMum

baber was still wearing diapers at night when he was slightly over 3 years old

but the thing is : the diaper is dry dry every morning

when i took it out he pees (meaning when i let him try diaperfree at night)

when i let him wear its dry

so i had been dumping away dry diapers for half a year before i finally came up wif a dumb idea of letting him wear both

meaning bb brief inside and the diaper outside

so if it remains dry i will keep the diaper and reuse, at least its not in contact wif skin.

its stupid idea but its worthwhile coz i saved more $$ lols~~~

redjn

Pai sei, I did train my boy myself, depend on my mum :p anyway boy also had this prob during his early training refused to sit on to poop but piss no prob, he will call upon us to say he wants to pee. Now that he is in child care, he start to sit on to poop but everytime he does that he can't poop out Hiaz~~ so in the end he always poop onto his pant. We only do w/out diaper at home during the day, night he still on diaper just to prevent wetting his bed as he drink alot of water. I also put him on diaper whenever we go outing just to prevent we can't find toilet when he need to go.

Ottermum

baber was still wearing diapers at night when he was slightly over 3 years old

but the thing is : the diaper is dry dry every morning

when i took it out he pees (meaning when i let him try diaperfree at night)

when i let him wear its dry

so i had been dumping away dry diapers for half a year before i finally came up with a dumb idea of letting him wear both

meaning baby brief inside and the diaper outside

so if it remains dry i will keep the diaper and reuse, at least its not in contact with skin.

its stupid idea but its worthwhile coz i saved more $$ lols~~~
nope it's not stupid i think it's a great idea! Save money like that :Dancing_wub: