how to stimulate your child's brain?

pink_daisy

hi all,

my son is 6 yrs old tis yr but i find him abit slow? abit retarded? when i let him work on some maths problems n english comprehension.. how can i make his mind work better? after countless times of explanation on maths problems, he still said he doesnt understand... ive tried alot of ways but i just cant seem to turn his thinking... he's oso on english n maths tuition classes but i find that the classes (held once per wk, 2hrs each session) don help either... how?how?

chiro

maybe he wanted something more interactive?like learning thru games or computer softwares?

Doctor say ur child is normal right?

pink_daisy

yup, he's normal. ive tried tis method but tis only 'give him a chance' to play.. he seem more interested to the 'games' than to really 'get to real business'...

Barbara

kids are always easy to be distracted.so effective stimulation way is really important for kids’ education.my DD had encountered the same situation as your son has.the teacher recommended the online course:Beestar.org - Math and Reading for Kids. and I registered the math program for her. DD has great improment.I think she is really interested in it.the honore roll,ribbon and state-cross competitions attract her. But I am not sure if it is effective for your son.you can have a try. Hope it can help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anna Li

There are a lot of online classes that are interactive. My daughter is enjoying her online classes which help enhance her memory. I even learn from her classes.