How warm should FM be?

apollo

i dunno abt others but for me my method of making FM is, lets say if i'm making 180ml FM, i will pour ard 120-140ml of room temp water with 40-60ml hot water. usually will turn out to be warm, a 'just nice' temp for ds.

Your Grandma is right, dont shake the milk. Use a spoon to stir instead. By shaking the bottle, there will be more 'air' trapped inside and baby will suck in the air..

keefu

i dunno abt others but for me my method of making FM is, lets say if i'm making 180ml FM, i will pour ard 120-140ml of room temp water with 40-60ml hot water. usually will turn out to be warm, a 'just nice' temp for ds.

Your Grandma is right, dont shake the milk. Use a spoon to stir instead. By shaking the bottle, there will be more 'air' trapped inside and baby will suck in the air..
For my experience I agree with Apollo's ratio of boiled water : hot water is about 2 : 1. The temperature is nice... And I just swirl the bottle to prevent bubbles.

shopaholic

I just ensure the water is lukewarm, not scalding to the skin when you test a few drops on the back of your palm. For me, I do shake the bottle, but no bubbles leh. If I am not wrong, it depends on the milk powder you choose. I hv tried a brand which forms bubbles when being shake but for Similac, I didnt experience this problem. My boy also does not have any problem associated with gas.

Ting

as long as it doesnt feel cold or too hot on my skin, then i will think its the right temp. its hard to explain to u, but it's just a "feel" that i know it is suitable. haha well, after 4 yrs of preparing FM daily, u will just know what is too hot or not hot enough.

fioncess

ya i agree with Ting... jus test the water n ur gut feel will let u know if its ok...
for mi n hub diff is the milk i make is hotter.. i feel hub make the milk abit too "cold"...
but as long as can dissolve the milk powder n warm then shld b fine...