How you wean baby off yaolan?

ben10

Alpha Male
hi mummiess, as per above... any advices? TIA =)
I'll be VERY interested to know also... Ben is not able to sleep very long on his cot. He always wake-up very hot , hair wet from his perspiration. In the middle of the night, he will start to wriggle and make some noise... need to pat him for a few minutes to get back to sleep in his "yao-lan".... that's why we KIV the travel trip... or else daddy will bring the whole "yao-lan" to genting..... haiz
:embarrassed:

I posted my problem in another thread also .
As follow , Please help:

My baby is sleeping in portable Yaolan since the 2nd month onward as we are really tired out trying to rock her to sleep in our arms. Now she sleep in the yaolan in the living room alone as her own room has the baby cot.

During the first week of the second month , we tried to rock her in the yaolan then carry her back to the cot but she cannot sleep in the baby cot too long as she will cry and soaking in sweat even though we on the fan .
So after that we just leave her in the yaolan and she slept thru out the night.
Few days ago,we bring her to my parent in law place, she scream and cry as she got problem sleeping . End up , bring her over and back home in less than 2hrs .
My parent place have no such problem as they install the yaolan's hook in the ceiling and my mum took out the spring system out and my baby can happily sleep inside as we rock her to sleep and we can stay there the whole day .
My question is will my baby have problem switching back to baby cot when she get older ?
Any parents out there using the yaolan ? Can share your experience with me ?
Now my baby is 3 month old .
Thanks .

raeka

may i know whether did u train ur baby to sleep on bed during night time?
for mine is he slept in yaolan during the day time, night time i train him on bed.
yup.. go out is no choice need to shake in arm.. but if they are tire they will also sleep even u didn't shake them.
if need to shake , then u might have to find one place where not so noisy give them sleep already then put them in the stroller..

apollo

may i know whether did you train your baby to sleep on bed during night time?
for mine is he slept in yaolan during the day time, night time i train him on bed.
yup.. go out is no choice need to shake in arm.. but if they are tire they will also sleep even you didn't shake them.
if need to shake , then you might have to find one place where not so noisy give them sleep already then put them in the stroller..
babe, yes ds can slp on bed during night time but is ON OUR BED. but we're okay with it as long as he dun rely on yaolan at night. he dun wan us to shake him in our arms, he just wan yaolan. but so far he has to be in the yaolan for all his naps. as for going out shoppings, he can fall aslp in his stroller as long as the stroller is moving (keep my finger crossed). just tt i hope can wean him off asap. =)

AugBoyz

I replied to rainbow1234 post earlier.

aye... all u parents instill bad habits on ur kids wahaha~~ *run away before kena rotten eggs*

Wat raeka did is correct, yaolan for nap is good but rocking while baby is sleeping in ur arms is not advisable unless u want ur arms to break LOL. As i told rainbow1234 in her post, put baby in yaolan n rock till baby sleep then transfer to cot. Of coz while transferring be gentle n no big movement otherwise baby will be awaken. You may have to transfer baby to & fro yaolan if baby is unable to fall back to sleep when he woke up during the transfer. also I find that when I am transferring son fm yaolan to cot and whisper softly to him that we are moving him to the cot, he do not fuss or wake up shocked n crying when he open his eyes n see tt he is in the cot. We can pat him back to sleep.

apollo

I replied to rainbow1234 post earlier.

aye... all you parents instill bad habits on your kids wahaha~~ *run away before kena rotten eggs*

what raeka did is correct, yaolan for nap is good but rocking while baby is sleeping in your arms is not advisable unless you want your arms to break LOL. As i told rainbow1234 in her post, put baby in yaolan n rock till baby sleep then transfer to cot. Of coz while transferring be gentle n no big movement otherwise baby will be awaken. You may have to transfer baby to & fro yaolan if baby is unable to fall back to sleep when he woke up during the transfer. also I find that when I am transferring son fm yaolan to cot and whisper softly to him that we are moving him to the cot, he do not fuss or wake up shocked n crying when he open his eyes n see that he is in the cot. We can pat him back to sleep.
HAHAHA! ya i agree this is indeed a very BAD habit!!! i also regretted intro him yaolan!!! cos last time his head v flat den i tot by giving yaolan will rounder his head until my PD told me actu the flatten head will rounded on its own, dun hav to do any 'extra' things -.-||

AugBoyz

HAHAHA! ya i agree this is indeed a very BAD habit!!! i also regretted intro him yaolan!!! cos last time his head very flat then i thought by giving yaolan will rounder his head until my pediatrician told me actually the flatten head will rounded on its own, dont hav to do any 'extra' things -.-||
i thot the "remedy" for flat head is to massage the head in circular motion to make it round?? :001_302:

apollo

i thot the "remedy" for flat head is to massage the head in circular motion to make it round?? :001_302:
alot ppl told me yaolan also can.. and the dimple pillow.. actu pd said the yaolan still 'okay' just tt is a bad habit lik what u said. but the dimple pillow really OMG! cos it has a hole mahh den ds slp on it den his head dun wanna turn! i rmb when he was 3mth old, went for jab, pd said his head is too lazy all thks to dimple pillow cos pd called him, he turn his EYES and not his head -.-||

AugBoyz

alot ppl told me yaolan also can.. and the dimple pillow.. actually pediatrician said the yaolan still 'okay' just that is a bad habit lik what you said. but the dimple pillow really OMG! cos it has a hole mahh then dear son sleep on it then his head dont wanna turn! i rmb when he was 3mth old, went for jab, pediatrician said his head is too lazy all thks to dimple pillow cos pediatrician called him, he turn his EYES and not his head -.-||
OMG! u lazy mummy, dun wanna massage so thot of yaolan :001_302: Wow~ I got a dimple pillow thru a baby shower hamper too, but did not let son use it very often, ended up i hug it to sleep more then son use it as pillow :err:

AugBoyz , I do not have a auto rocker , i rock my BB to sleep , when she sleep , we stop rocking her.
Any good mattress to introduce? I better wean it off before it become really hard to wean it off .

How big is your boy now ?

apollo

OMG! you lazy mummy, dont wanna massage so thot of yaolan :001_302: Wow~ I got a dimple pillow thru a baby shower hamper too, but did not let son use it very often, ended up i hug it to sleep more then son use it as pillow :err:
i did massage. but tt time as 1st time mummy, seeing his head so flatten i also scare mahhh.. haha..

AugBoyz

AugBoyz , I do not have a auto rocker , i rock my baby to sleep , when she sleep , we stop rocking her.
Any good mattress to introduce? I better wean it off before it become really hard to wean it off .

How big is your boy now ?
he is going to be a 4 yr old MONSTER soon!

now ur baby is light u can rock in ur arms, when she is 5-6mths old, i think u will cry whenever u have to rock her to sleep in ur arms.

Instead of rocking why dun try patting her to sleep? Or u sit prop up on the bed n lay her on ur chest? Sometimes this helps them to fall asleep too.

he is going to be a 4 yr old MONSTER soon!

now your baby is light you can rock in your arms, when she is 5-6mths old, i think you will cry whenever you have to rock her to sleep in your arms.

Instead of rocking why dont try patting her to sleep? Or you sit prop up on the bed n lay her on your chest? Sometimes this helps them to fall asleep too.

I swing her using the yaolan . If not , my arms break long time ago . I got a disc problem with my back , cannot carry her very long too .
I try to pat her to sleep initally but she just cannot get to sleep . Need someone to carry her and rock her . End up we bought the yaolan to solve the problem . But a new problem come up ... urghhhh ....

Mine is a three month old monster ... hahahaha .

tayenee

im contemplating to get a yaolan for my 9weeks old bb as he refused to sleep if he's not carried in our arms. however, looking at these threads, yaolan may nt b a good solution either. so does any1's PD suggest the ultimate / ideal solution to "train" our bb to sleep anywhere and everywhere? :)

tayenee

augboyz mtd of laying on the chest worked wonders for me. however, once my DS fell asleep on my chest, i had difficulties transfering him bk to cot as he will end up awaken by the chg on position.. in the end, i seize the oppt to rest with him. however, this aint a solution if we are out at our parents plc..still hoping he cn sleep easily on his own ..

Oppsgal

For my baby, I dont have to wean off as all along last time in the morning baby used yaolan, at night put on bed.

Baby grew too big at 6 months to feel happy in yaolan.

One fine day, fly out of the yaolan by own, landed on the mattress placed below just in case. "Flying Baby" scared us with the act, I keep pressing around baby see and check got any broken bone. Luckily all is fine.

From then no more yaolan anymore.

For my baby, I dont have to wean off as all along last time in the morning baby used yaolan, at night put on bed.

Baby grew too big at 6 months to feel happy in yaolan.

One fine day, fly out of the yaolan by own, landed on the mattress placed below just in case. "Flying Baby" scared us with the act, I keep pressing around baby see and check got any broken bone. Luckily all is fine.

From then no more yaolan anymore.
How big is your baby at 6months ?
How come fly out , any part broke ?
I using portable one , very scare now .