Hydrosalpinx- anyone has it?

Px22

I was just diagnosed with hydrosalpinx( blocked left fallopian tube) today thru ultrasound scan. Doc didn't say much just asked me to ttc for 3 months and go back to him if i am still not pregnant.
Read online that this is as good as being infertile :elvis: and even iv methods don't have high sucess rates. Does anyone have the same problem but manage to conceive naturally? Any tube removal needed? Have been ttc for a year but no success, and thinking of tcm.. Appreciate your advice!

I was just diagnosed with hydrosalpinx( blocked left fallopian tube) today thru ultrasound scan. Doc didn't say much just asked me to trying to concieve for 3 months and go back to him if i am still not pregnant.
Read online that this is as good as being infertile :elvis: and even iv methods dont't have high sucess rates. Does anyone have the same problem but manage to conceive naturally? Any tube removal needed? Have been trying to concieve for a year but no success, and thinking of traditional chinese medicine.. Appreciate your advice!
if 1 tube has been blocked, so meaning you have to depend on the other side. Did the doctor give you some medication or method that can boast the chance of pregnancy? or you can seek for 2nd opinion doctor, is also good.

Px22

if 1 tube has been blocked, so meaning you have to depend on the other side. Did the doctor give you some medication or method that can boast the chance of pregnancy? or you can seek for 2nd opinion doctor, is also good.
my gynae said "try first lor. 3 to 6 mths still nothing, then come back to see me"

I have no idea if that's considered big, cos the blockage is around 2cm (still very worrying). And I read online that the fluid stuck inside is toxic to embryos so its increases the chances of m/c

going to see TCM this weekend, see if accupuncture and tcm can help anot:embarrassed:

Terry Lee

Hi, I also have hydrosalpinx and gynae has told me to have it removed? I am worried as I have lost both my parents at the hands of doctors.

Any luck with the chinese medicine? or alternative medicine?

Please email me directly at terrazolee@hotmail.com... thanks.

elmogoh

Hi Px22,
I have been diagnosed with Hydrosalphinx after doing HSG today. It's been about 2years since your last post. Have you been able to get pregnant having just 1tube?
What have you been doing for the past 2years to increase chances of pregnancy? My doctor prescribed clomid to try for 3cycles for now..
Hope to hear from you soon.

Px22

Wa.. Firstly, I m surprised to see this thread still alive.. Seems like hydrosalpinx isn't common? Or do u all go to the same gynae? Mine was lim lee soon or something (forgot his name), at tanglin shopping centre..

Ok firstly, do not despair. Ever since my last post, i still have my blocked tube now.. But when i was posting my previous post, i was actually pregnant without doing anything. No medication at all. My girl is now 16mths n very active..

I did go to the very famous tcm at marine parade after my previous post, but i don't really trust him. Like i said, i was already pregnant but in my early weeks so i didn't consider my period missed yet. He took my pulse n said my left side is very weak, could be pcos or blocked tube, so i thought he was a miracle healer. He then went on saying i ovulated from my left ovary that month so no fertilisation occurred. Gave me $160 bucks worth of herbs n told me to brew them only after my menses started.. The herbs are still in my freezer now!

I did alot of stuff in order to ttc.. Bbt charting, positions, fengshui arrangement, tcm.. Stressed myself up so much. I realised that I actually conceived when i thought i'd missed the fertility window, so we baby danced for the pleasure of it. I guess the key to conceiving is really like wat everyone says, relax and don't think about it...

Now i m planning for baby #2.. Lets see if the tube needs fixing... I'll update more when i started bd haha

Vanillasky

Hi px22, I know this is an old thread and I don't know whether you still logging on to this page but your hydro is in both tubes or just one?

Px22

Hi px22, I know this is an old thread and I dont't know whether you still logging on to this page but your hydro is in both tubes or just one?
Only one- the left side. So my right side is still functioning. If both sides are blocked then its really slim chance.