I am very excited to breastfeed. What can i do to prepare for breastfeeding prenatal

Edwinie

Re: I am very excited to breastfeed. What can i do to prepare for breastfeeding prena

The disposable ones got the gel inside to absorb the milk >.<

Yah i also had standby FM at home..coz my baby had to stay overnight for phototheraphy and i asked to give FM.

I remember reading this mum saying how she imagined BFing woukd be very easy, that the milk would start flowing once you give birth...remember that it would take a few days for the milk to come in, so just keep latching!!
I meant the washable pigeon ones are absorbent. I tried the disposable ones by pigeon. Very absorbent too! But I find it expensive as I leak a lot.. And I feel I waste money if I change pad often. So I use a pair and than the whole day.. I felt Uncomfortable but can save money. Lol!

Priya Diva

Re: I am very excited to breastfeed. What can i do to prepare for breastfeeding prena

Hi

Just read some of the other mothers piece of advise..

Yes BF is so wonderful... But super tiring and needs LOTS of perserverence

My tips

1. Latch asap for 1st feeding after delivery[ normal/ c-sec ] I was c-sec with epi for both my kids.. I did this

2. If possible try to get this book by Sister Kang[lactation consultant] from MT Al : Successful Breastfeeding..[super easy to read our asian based BF guide] $22

3. Nursing bra: check out Fabulous Mum website [Msia website] very gd and reasonable priced..

:Dancing_wub:

Fiona73

You can call the abbot for supplement milk for mummy. Dun buy too many, juz in case your baby gassy after your intake of diary product. As for nursing in public, I used nursing shawl, wearing my prenatal top. Inner I only wear sport bra. Simply juz cover with shawl and lift my top to feed. Pigeon disposal pad is good. If you feed on demand and do not express out, the leakage problem will not be an issue. Once the breastfeed is establish, we see very little leakage.

Fiona73

The gel is from disposal pad which use to absorb liquid and when it is very full ( for example in the wash of washing machine), it will break and the gel is all over.